Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaironLocke

Senior Member

11-18-2012

I been saying this again and again in the forums lately. The REAL issue is that no one knows how to play this game correctly. Or at least it feels that way sometimes. I think a lot of people could agree.

Here is one of my many (awesome!!!!) ideas: Instead of pro picks, which just feels so much like a marketing thing to me, have pro tips every week.

Videos, let Phreak do it. We like him and we will listen. Not him, let me. I know why CS is insanely important, understand dying is a huge fail and know that drag is worth fighting over. I get tele on my tops because my role there isnt to kill the other top. I know all sorts of stuff. Hire me RIot. I will do....

ALL THE VIDEOS!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruiser IRL

Senior Member

11-18-2012

How do you expect people to learn the game when EVERY year they are making major reworks to the game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Amaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-18-2012

there should be videos that have to be watched in order to play this game. No skipping over them either. Then the game opens up a tutorial based on the vid and you have to mimic what has happened in the video. No one seems to know there's a mini map,how to place wards, don't chase(when all MIA), and don't over extend(when all MIA). Then Most importantly which champions to focus in a team fight, This one should be the most important. Besides the raging and AFK/DC's the community would be a lot better off with these in place. Some other system needs to be put in place to help in 4v5 games because most often there a hopeless waste of 20 mins of your life.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Amaro View Post
there should be videos that have to be watched in order to play this game. No skipping over them either. Then the game opens up a tutorial based on the vid and you have to mimic what has happened in the video. No one seems to know there's a mini map,how to place wards, don't chase(when all MIA), and don't over extend(when all MIA). Then Most importantly which champions to focus in a team fight, This one should be the most important. Besides the raging and AFK/DC's the community would be a lot better off with these in place. Some other system needs to be put in place to help in 4v5 games because most often there a hopeless waste of 20 mins of your life.
I would agree with most of what you say. Especially on the 4v5 stuff. In HoN and Dota they both have a system in place that changes the rating gained and lost for these matches. They are not real matches and do not represent anything, thus the gains and losses from them should be minimal.

The information about when to and when not to chase is also a very minor yet very game changing. People like to push to the ends of the earth when all 5 are missing, they like to chase to the ends of the earth when 3 are missing. Most don't think that people on on their way to help.

But alas another bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont dodge gg View Post
How do you expect people to learn the game when EVERY year they are making major reworks to the game?
For most of the 'common' knowledge I am referring to is something that is apparent for all moba/arts games not just LoL.

The biggest I would say is map awareness, people blame the person not saying mia but really they should have been better at awareness. If you die from someone going to another lane, simply ask your team to ping next time.

But also as a support they should be communicating the where about's of the enemies positions. But then again this all is sort of common knowledge stuff that is apparent to every moba/arts.

So seasons would not matter. The next thing for game specifics could be updates on jungle routes or basic information on map positioning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devastator Jones

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Then teach the community how to play the game.
.
While Riot could definitely help the community with a player guide of sorts - there is no excuse for ragers to not learn "emotional self control". The latter can turn around games because when you rage - you lose focus & when you lose focus - you lose games.

Raging is always assisting enemy team in my book - and I auto-punish in the tribunal everytime I see it happen. No excuses.

Riot even has nifty little quotes like "ragers lose 17% more games". Perhaps ragers should take Riot's hint to... learn "emotional self control".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ringo Mandingo

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Low skill is very toxic when the players don't understand what they are doing wrong yet insist they are good.

It creates the guy that spamming "surrender at 20" 15mins into the game when the K/D is only 10 to 15.

Ignorance is what causes many problems. A harsh example is slavery and the perception that Africans were less than human. That was fueled by ignorance simply because their skin was a different color. You can argue it has no basis for a video game, but it does. Ignorance of the game leads to bad players thinking their good complain about others instead of focusing on what they did wrong.

Most people react saying someone is bad or failed because they don't understand that forcing someone to go back is actually a good thing. The Kill is not mandatory. They don't understand small aspects of the game that create huge leads. They only focus on their k/d not even their k/d/a.

If Riot taught basics and tried to influence the community into looking at what they did wrong or what they could have done better then there will be less of a toxic community.
this is a pretty extreme example lol, but i do agree with what you're trying to say. the only requirement to be able to play ranked is a level 30 account. now take a second to think about the worst friend you have at this game that is level 30. well, they could be in your ranked queue, and the scary part is they probably think that they're half decent.

league gets really in depth when you get into competitive play and many people (fresh 30s, people new to ranked) dont realize this.

when you decide to do ranked you should have the following down
1. a few full rune pages (ap, ad, tank at least)
2. have played pretty much every champion (knowing ranges, cds, etc are crucial)
3. have played a sufficient amount of draft pick to get the hang of bans, team comps and just overall coordination and gameplay
4. and pretty much everything else discussed in the first post. objectives, cs, and all that jazz.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIack Jeesus View Post
this is a pretty extreme example lol, but i do agree with what you're trying to say. the only requirement to be able to play ranked is a level 30 account. now take a second to think about the worst friend you have at this game that is level 30. well, they could be in your ranked queue, and the scary part is they probably think that they're half decent.

league gets really in depth when you get into competitive play and many people (fresh 30s, people new to ranked) dont realize this.

when you decide to do ranked you should have the following down
1. a few full rune pages (ap, ad, tank at least)
2. have played pretty much every champion (knowing ranges, cds, etc are crucial)
3. have played a sufficient amount of draft pick to get the hang of bans, team comps and just overall coordination and gameplay
4. and pretty much everything else discussed in the first post. objectives, cs, and all that jazz.
Its not an extreme example though its actually really standard for games to be decided in the first 20 mins of the game at lower ELO.

You could check my last game match, the bottom lane was so bad I was 7/0 on Vayne before the first tower was taken. End the game in 15mins. Games like that are not fun even though I am winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuva View Post
While Riot could definitely help the community with a player guide of sorts - there is no excuse for ragers to not learn "emotional self control". The latter can turn around games because when you rage - you lose focus & when you lose focus - you lose games.

Raging is always assisting enemy team in my book - and I auto-punish in the tribunal everytime I see it happen. No excuses.

Riot even has nifty little quotes like "ragers lose 17% more games". Perhaps ragers should take Riot's hint to... learn "emotional self control".
I don't know what the point of this post was. What does this contribute to what I am proposing?

Did you read my whole post? I explained why a select demographic get mad and turn toxic, there is no base line for what is good and bad play in this game. Hell if you don't spend money on this game you can't expect to do well simply because you lack proper runes/champions for anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Knubbers

Senior Member

11-19-2012

bump +1

please riot. at least make a video explaining that the carries need to aim the carries. PLEASE