So I can't play your game for half an hour...

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painlestoxin

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzzkrc View Post
He chose not to play because he didn't want to waste 30-45 minutes in a game with very little chance of winning and then lose elo. Don't act like it has never happened to you nor that you haven't been frustrated by it.

That being said I think the system is fine. If they instituted any other system where dodges weren't punished at all or to a lesser degree you would never get into a game because people would dodge all the time. I'd rather wait 30 minutes dodging a troll from time to time than wait an hour to get into a game because of other people dodging because they didn't like the team comp or something.

EDIT : You can indeed play custom games while on dodge timer (ARAMS, etc)
/thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IalreadyHateYou

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
So I chose to be paired with 4 guys who locked random and chose Revive Promote?
OH RIGHT! thanks brain! I totally forgot I did that! Glad you were here to remind me of that choice I totally made!

In other words, yeah maybe I chose to click the X, but it wasn't me who put together the circumstance that necessitated it.
Necessitated it? lol? So do always dodge unless you get a perfect team? People like you are annoying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
Necessitated it? lol? So do always dodge unless you get a perfect team? People like you are annoying.
I don't dodge until I get a perfect team, I just dodge when you say "Who gives a **** I'm going to ruin your day" then random lock and pick revive promote.

Why are you attacking me anyway? did I kick your dog in a past life or something? you seem like a very angry person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IalreadyHateYou

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
I don't dodge until I get a perfect team, I just dodge when you say "Who gives a **** I'm going to ruin your day" then random lock and pick revive promote.

Why are you attacking me anyway? did I kick your dog in a past life or something? you seem like a very angry person.
Lol? How am I angry. You're the one nerd raging because you were "forced" to dodge. Then you starting hating on ARAMs. It's just a game. Calm down kid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
Lol? How am I angry. You're the one nerd raging because you were "forced" to dodge. Then you starting hating on ARAMs. It's just a game. Calm down kid.
Posting a thread about a system I dislike at times = nerd raging...
Well gee wiz, I learn something new every day all thanks to angry people on GD!

Feeding trolls is one of my favorite pastimes, I think I'll just do that for half an hour.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IalreadyHateYou

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
Posting a thread about a system I dislike at times = nerd raging...
Well gee wiz, I learn something new every day all thanks to angry people on GD!
Yeah, you are nerd raging. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
Yeah, you are nerd raging. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway?
Naw, it's 6:30 in the AM where I'm at.
Just woke up about an hour ago or so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HotHit

Senior Member

11-19-2012

*sigh* The half an hour dodge timer is to prevent people from abusing queue dodging. The average game lasts half an hour, so if you truly feel the game you're about to play isn't worth playing, there's an option to spend half an hour of your time doing something else. You SHOULDN'T be using the queue dodge system, but it's there to assist with severe flaws in matchmaking and the small chance you're matched with players that are there to ruin someone's day.

Half an hour is nothing. Shrug it off, go outside and smell the roses. Watch an episode of spongebob, go get something to eat, play a different game (like ARAMs or DotA2, maybe even something that isn't a MOBA), I don't care what but just stop dwelling on that one queue dodge. It's not healthy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiritHacker

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
Necessitated it? lol? So do always dodge unless you get a perfect team? People like you are annoying.
The heck is your problem?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly fond of the QQ in op. But calling double revive/promote AP and two other unnamed trolls "not a perfect team" is like saying 5 soloq randoms are "not quite capable of taking on CLG." (or any other pro team, I have no preference. inb4 CLG -fanboy accusations.) You're deliberately downscaling his statement to make it seem as though as he's whining about nothing.

And he does have a decent enough point about being punished because of somebody else trolling. I think most of us have been there, experienced that, not appreciated it too much.

Don't like you downvoting all his posts for no reason, either. That smacks of trolling for the sake of pissing him off, as does the "you're annoying" comment. So have some -1's from me.


EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHit View Post
*sigh* The half an hour dodge timer is to prevent people from abusing queue dodging. The average game lasts half an hour, so if you truly feel the game you're about to play isn't worth playing, there's an option to spend half an hour of your time doing something else. You SHOULDN'T be using the queue dodge system, but it's there to assist with severe flaws in matchmaking and the small chance you're matched with players that are there to ruin someone's day.

Half an hour is nothing. Shrug it off, go outside and smell the roses. Watch an episode of spongebob, go get something to eat, play a different game (like ARAMs or DotA2, maybe even something that isn't a MOBA), I don't care what but just stop dwelling on that one queue dodge. It's not healthy.
@op, listen to this man.


12