It's not a discussion when Riot never responds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rignite

11-18-2012

People are going to downvote the hell out of you because they don't agree, but you're kind of right even in just respects to your title.

Rignite

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgAzrael View Post
Considering you are taking the time to insult everyone who offers an alternative view point to yours: why should a red take time out of their day to respond to you in a well said manner, just like these other people have, just so you can disagree and launch another round of insults?

You really need to take a step back and gain some perspective from this situation: you are 3 of the posts on an 8 post thread and 4 of the other posts hold opposite opinions from you. Take it for what its worth and either live with mods not responding as quickly as you would like or stop coming to the forums/playing the game as you are clearly not going to be happy until everything is done to your preferences.
I'll agree with you if you can quote/link me some of these insults you're very boldly stating as he did as fact, because I see none in this topic so far.

"You're cute" might be in a sarcastic tone, but it's not an insult by any means.

Pax Britannica

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rignite View Post
I'll agree with you if you can quote/link me some of these insults you're very boldly stating as he did as fact, because I see none in this topic so far.

"You're cute" might be in a sarcastic tone, but it's not an insult by any means.

Quote:
Yeah, like the thread about a guy getting banned for emoting.
The thread that was posted a long time ago.
With no response.
You're cute.
Quote:
This is the most egregious appeal to authority I've ever seen that it looks like something out of a League of Legends themed /r/circlejerk.
Defend the feeeeeeeeeeemale CM at all cost.
Quote:
I've just been sick for a few days and not posting much.
There's a response. Praise the lord #yolo
I interpret all of these to be highly sarcastic, demeaning and insulting posts directed toward fellow commentors and Lyte

Settero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caristinn View Post
What's the point of this forum, Lyte? Controversial threads never get responses unless you know that you'll be able to win the community's favor somehow.

Let's say you're taking an exam. There are 100 questions. You don't answer 99 of them, but you do answer 1 of them that you know you'll get correct with a 100% certainty.

Does this technically make it so have a 100% accuracy rate on the questions you answer? Yes, but it means nothing devoid of context. This

Just look at the forum pages. There's barely any responses, even in the larger threads.

EDIT:

There's a response. Praise the lord #yolo
post some serious threads with a serious issue that have gone unreplyed to by riot for more than 1 week ( and the same issue topic was not replyed to in a different thread)
i bet you wouldnt reach double digits, suggestions excluded.

cos all i see here is the same old same old that dosnt need to be replyed to.

Rignite

11-18-2012

Quote:
I interpret all of these to be highly sarcastic, demeaning and insulting posts directed toward fellow commentors and Lyte
I interpret them to be sarcastic jokes made out of slight frustration, but no real meaning to demean and insult.

Just because you don't like the cut of someone's jib does not mean they are outright wrong man.

Pax Britannica

11-18-2012

Quote:
I interpret them to be sarcastic jokes made out of slight frustration, but no real meaning to demean and insult.

Just because you don't like the cut of someone's jib does not mean they are outright wrong man.
But the fact remains that the object of the statement is the one who determines how insulting it is. The author of the statement may have a certain tone in mind but someone else could easily misread it (especially on the internet where tone is hard to convey) and change the intent. And if I took those statements in a demeaning way, I can guarantee others could have as well.

The point being saying things that be construed as demeaning or insulting is dangerous, especially when you are attempting to rally people to your cause. Rignite you don't find them insulting because you two share a common cause of trying to de-legitimize the tribunal because you've been banned for being a troll and disagree.

Rignite

11-18-2012

Quote:
But the fact remains that the object of the statement is the one who determines how insulting it is. The author of the statement may have a certain tone in mind but someone else could easily misread it (especially on the internet where tone is hard to convey) and change the intent. And if I took those statements in a demeaning way, I can guarantee others could have as well.

The point being saying things that be construed as demeaning or insulting is dangerous, especially when you are attempting to rally people to your cause. Rignite you don't find them insulting because you two share a common cause of trying to de-legitimize the tribunal because you've been banned for being a troll and disagree.
Or because I believe there's a good amount of merit objectively to things he's said, but hey let's just pigeon hole everyone else into what they are.

Would you care for me to just write you off as another brown noser holier than thou looking to get his jimmies off by enacting vengeance on others through the Tribunal? I would think not.

Hell, I could make the argument that the only reason you're construing his comments as demeaning and insulting is because he is opposite the cause you are, and that you haven't even taken into account good points made by him.

Really though, I'd be interested to hear more about your psych eval on me man.

Caristinn

11-18-2012

Quote:

Wait, you think that I'm actually trying to be insulting?

Dear lord, you'd faint when I actually am. Someone can handle being told that they're cute. Also, I'm impressed by your leaps and bounds in logic that got you to the point where you assumed we made this thread for ourselves.

I'm apathetic towards bans. And the community, anyways. If I get banned, I seriously don't care.

Quote:
post some serious threads with a serious issue that have gone unreplyed to by riot for more than 1 week ( and the same issue topic was not replyed to in a different thread)
i bet you wouldnt reach double digits, suggestions excluded.

cos all i see here is the same old same old that dosnt need to be replyed to.
There's an ongoing thread about someone banned for spamming emotes.

Time to ban Dyrus. Emotes too stronk, right?

Pax Britannica

11-18-2012

Quote:
Or because I believe there's a good amount of merit objectively to things he's said, but hey let's just pigeon hole everyone else into what they are.

Would you care for me to just write you off as another brown noser holier than thou looking to get his jimmies off by enacting vengeance on others through the Tribunal? I would think not.

Hell, I could make the argument that the only reason you're construing his comments as demeaning and insulting is because he is opposite the cause you are, and that you haven't even taken into account good points made by him.

Really though, I'd be interested to hear more about your psych eval on me man.
Sorry, you don't get to drag me down to your level of flaming on the forums. I've made my point and I have half an hour before class so this is where I depart. I do sincerely that a red responds to your post, along the lines of a Pendragon post to show you WHY you were banned in the first place. Have fun continuing to incite your fellow banned players into an e-frenzy instead of doing something constructive or at least beneficial.

NinetyNineTails

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by caristinn View Post
respond with rage to flames = ban
respond with rage to silence = intentionally feeding, trolling, or refusal to communicate
respond to rage with apathetic with phrases like "it's just a game" = intentionally feeding.
[citation needed]