Ranked truths about elo hell and ranked in general.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FAA

11-18-2012

I have seen a HUGE influx of ranked threads and elo hell threads since the end of S2.

most of these are about the win loss ratio and not being able to climb out of elo hell and staying in the same elo range.

this isn't elo hell. this isn't something wrong with the matchmaking system. this is the matchmaking system doing it's job correctly.

the reason for staying around the same elo is because you are at the elo for your skill level.

you need to realize that 1200 elo is GOOD. that is the too 25ish% of the players. not counting the ones that don't play ranked.

I know I will probably get a ton of downvotes for this thread but I wanted to share some information about how 1200elo is good and this "elo hell" is just your current skill range. and when you get out of that elo hell, this means that you have increased your skill level and will fall into another "elo hell" when you get to the point that you reach your skill level again.

this is why high ranked players are so easily able to come from low elos or from smurfs because their "elo hell" is much higher and they can get other accounts there because that is their skill level.

if you have anything to add to this thread I will put it on the main page to help spread the info around the community.

Against! 1200elo is not bad! that is in the top percentage of the players!!

TDW Snowblind

11-18-2012

you also need to realize that making the least mistakes means you win most of the time, if a team mate makes a lot of mistakes GG, if the enemy makes a lot of mistakes GG.

Plat players crying because their stuck in 700 ELO just proves this thread wrong, will they climb out? god only knows..

This is a team game, ELO Reflects how well your team was, not you personally.

FAA

11-18-2012

your elo reflects how you work as a team no matter who they are.

FAA

11-18-2012

bump for knowledge.

herpderppwn

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenShots View Post
I have seen a HUGE influx of ranked threads and elo hell threads since the end of S2.

most of these are about the win loss ratio and not being able to climb out of elo hell and staying in the same elo range.

this isn't elo hell. this isn't something wrong with the matchmaking system. this is the matchmaking system doing it's job correctly.

the reason for staying around the same elo is because you are at the elo for your skill level.

you need to realize that 1200 elo is GOOD. that is the too 25ish% of the players. not counting the ones that don't play ranked.

I know I will probably get a ton of downvotes for this thread but I wanted to share some information about how 1200elo is good and this "elo hell" is just your current skill range. and when you get out of that elo hell, this means that you have increased your skill level and will fall into another "elo hell" when you get to the point that you reach your skill level again.

this is why high ranked players are so easily able to come from low elos or from smurfs because their "elo hell" is much higher and they can get other accounts there because that is their skill level.

if you have anything to add to this thread I will put it on the main page to help spread the info around the community.

Against! 1200elo is not bad! that is in the top percentage of the players!!
So let me ask... why was Reginald unable to carry about of ELO hell?

FAA

11-18-2012

bad game after bad game? got in his head? multiple reasons

Wolyeon265

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimoar View Post

Plat players crying because their stuck in 700 ELO just proves this thread wrong,

This is so stupid and false. Plat players are never stuck in 700, unless they belong there and only got to Plat by being carried. Even as support you can carry yourself up to 1200 from 700. You are clearly one of those LoL players with a God complex that believe you're da **** and can't be the noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderppwn View Post
So let me ask... why was Reginald unable to carry about of ELO hell?

You talk way too big for having only about 400 games. You can't carry every game. There are just games where you have to lose. It is very likely in a series of one or two days, he had games where he's team trolled too hard and he can't come back. But if he truely is what he should be, then he'll get out.

BoltAktion

11-18-2012

You can't judge an individual based on how four other people play with him.

It's that's simple.

The system is flawed, and will probably always be that way. Sorry.

Bhare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimoar View Post
you also need to realize that making the least mistakes means you win most of the time, if a team mate makes a lot of mistakes GG, if the enemy makes a lot of mistakes GG.

Plat players crying because their stuck in 700 ELO just proves this thread wrong, will they climb out? god only knows..

This is a team game, ELO Reflects how well your team was, not you personally.
That's what people tell themselves when they're stuck at 800 elo. Doesn't make it true.

Sammystorm

11-18-2012

bump