I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Hello Gypsylord! Since you seem to be very open to reviewing champs, would you bother checking one of my few ideas for a yordle champ? I wanted him to be a dynamic, disruptive tank! here's the link on the player concept forum: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2565103.

Thanks in advance!

Grey Verve

11-18-2012

Huh. You've been answering questions for three months now. Impressive.

How long will this go on?!

What's your opinion on Path of Radiance? It is by far my favorite Fire Emblem for various reasons except its 3D models and animation. PoR's sequel, Radiant Dawn dissapointed me which drives me into borderline obsession over PoR. Thank you for your time.

Echoesong

11-18-2012

You're an Alaskan bear wrestling tf2 player? I like you already.

Have you ever considered playing in 6's or Highlander, if you still play? If so, would you still play Scout/Medic, or branch out to another class? If not, do you not play because of time issues, or because you got burnt out?

Meowskies

11-18-2012

Will you be my friend ):?

Winterstride

11-18-2012

Riven is one of my favorite champions because Riot incorporated some design lifted directly from fighting games, a genre that I adore. Do you have or know of any fighter game-like champs in the pipeline right now?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-18-2012
47 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddish33 View Post
Does that mean another support is in development besides Nami? Or are their support buffs in store? Or both? Overall this quote sounds positive to me
I was mostly talking about Nami and Season 3. That said, we are exploring some cool concepts for new awesome support champs. Whether or not they'll be coming out within the next X months depends on slotting and development time. We've got a loooooooooong pipeline. Let just say that as a support main looking at 2013 I do not feel near as neglected as I did in 2011/2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire360 View Post
Getting pretty excited for this mysterious champion. Hmm any update on a time frame which we could expect her to be release?
She'll come out when she comes out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
Will there ever be a more direct way to communicate issues with champions to Rioters that we know wont fall on deaf ears?

I'm the Volibear guy you replied to earlier in this thread Gypsy (thank you btw) but it's so frustrating that I have to contact Morello and Volty through twitter to get a 140 maximum character reply which is basically "yeah he has issues but he also has more issues". .
Yeah I know it's frustrating, but we really do listen. There's just a ton of things to do. Live has to keep 100+ champions semi-relevant to our game on top of pushing out stuff like season 3. That's a big burden to carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyshn View Post
Channeled teleport with a nice big glowy area marked around the champion, any allies (and enemies?) in the area when the channel ends get teleported. Could something like that work?
Not bad, but what if you don't want to go along? Does that mean flashing out of the circle? Would be better if you had something to click that said "I'm opting into this."
Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Behind Caitlyn (who uses it to supply her traps) and Pantheon (he interns there), who is Morgana's most frequent customer at Sinful Succulence?
Teemo. It's why he's so roly poly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Soraka View Post
1: As a support/raka main, how do you feel when Soraka is repeatedly nerfed, and when given things to compensate for the nerf (Like increasing infuse ratio from 60% to 75%), they are 'accidentally forgotten' until several months later, when a player does some math and discovers it was 60% all along?
1a: Followup on your feelings regarding them 'correcting the issue' not by changing her ratio to 75%, but just changing the tooltip numbers back down to 60%?

2: Also, what are your opinions on supports carrying? I like to play soraka mid, but so often my allies scream and whine and boohoo and troll and say there's NO WAY a support will be going mid...... and then they lock in morgana or oriana to go mid.

3: Do _YOU_ feel the proper role of a support is a bushbot/wardb!tch/healmachine? Or are you happy with support branded champs who can fill out a caster role if they want to?
1. In terms of the Infuse ratio, you're looking at it in the wrong way. This wasn't a nerf. It was a tooltip update. She functioned in a "balanced" state for months and when we realized her tooltip wasn't working properly we decided to fix it instead of buffing her.

An example of the opposite: Sona used have a bug that decreased her damage across the board by 20%. Fixing that bug was a BUFF. We chose to buff her damage by 20% instead of updating her tooltips to reflect the proper damage amounts.

In terms of the repeated raka nerfing, yeah it feels bad. I really love playing Raka and its always sad when the stuff I can do gets made less epic. That said, she's a pretty toxic character and it's ZERO fun to lane against her when she's super strong in mid or bot lane. Silence + heal + infinite mana + easy to hit Q = low counterplay. You get silenced if you try to burst her (the only way to beat a Soraka) and then she just heals everything back up when you fail to kill her.

2. It's fine as long as the way the support carries isn't degenerate (I'm sad we hit Janna's ratios). Again, when Raka is strong she tends to go mid, remove counter play, and just cause the lane to feel awful for her opponent. At least when you're laning against Morg you can farm in peace.

3.I think there should be different supports for different situations. Ideally some supports should be able to be casters, they just shouldn't be as good as dedicated casters. Gotta have tradeoffs. Also, people who play ANY support as a ward/bush bot are doing it wrong. Support players who know how to be aggro (regardless of the champion they're playing) win bot lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Master Shaco View Post
@Gypsy, Syndra is actually overpowered, I do so well with her whenever I play her, I've already gotten a penta and she's quickly become my most played, She has great opportunities to use her stun-poke to catch someone out of position and just 100-0 them. Elise however is weak, Her kit has very obvious design flaws and just about everything eats her up, because her base stats and scaling are so terrible.

I'd like it if you'd add me to play with me a few times while I play her so I can change your opinion of her
I agree on Syndra. She's hard to get used to, but once you do she's just straight up a better version of Veigar IMO. Dunno about Elise man, she's impossible to lane against. Add me and we can discuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantHam View Post
Gyspy, what is your opinion on pop tarts?
Once you pop the fun don't stop?

MPendragon

11-18-2012

How are new heroes balanced?

More often than not, all new heroes have a leap ability included. If they don't have a leap ability, they're given an ability that brings them back to life - which Ironically isn't their ultimate, and they're move speed i've noticed is increased, innately allowing them to be faster than the rest of the competition.

The concept of the game is supposed to be designed around STRATEGY, not CASH FLOW. How is the game strategically minded, when you have to play to 150% of your ability just to keep up with someone who is playing at 100% of their ability. Because it's just that, their hero is better than yours. Why has moba derived from PvP skill & strategy?

Ravechaosknight

11-18-2012

Gypsylooooord, am I right? Female from Lokfar right?

See thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post31552936

Any of these maybe? Give me a hint on your new champ. ;-;

Best Manatee NA

11-18-2012

Do you think Kha'Zix is a good jungler?

Should he get health buffs? (I've played him over 20 times.. I think he needs defense buffs.. he's like wet tissue.. I already made a thread on this...)

TheEnygma

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post

Once you pop the fun don't stop?
isn't that Pringles?