What to say to incompetent team mates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasao View Post
My recent warning for such harassing lines as "let's stop pushing top if they're just gonna jump out and ace us every time we try to siege their point. we need to try something different" after getting wiped 4 or 5 times begs to differ.

You can't get away with advice. You can't get away with silence. All you can do is say "going top" or "ganking". Any more or less falls under harassment or refusal to communicate for somebody.
You got a warning because you're consistently a whiny ass to your teammates. Don't try to pretend otherwise, and don't try to make this about you and how unfair the tribunal/report system is.

Tasao

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
You got a warning because you're consistently a whiny ass to your teammates. Don't try to pretend otherwise, and don't try to make this about you and how unfair the tribunal/report system is.
I like the Tribunal and Report system. It's a highly creative solution to a problem any large multiplayer game has. I just don't like the players that misuse it and am wary of too few employees reviewing too many reports.

Tell me how "let's try something different" and "care for ganks, all mia but they've been up for 30 seconds" and "we can't let them have jungle control because their teemo will cover the place in shrooms and we'll lose any ability to gank or backdoor" is whining. Because that's the majority of what I say that teammates rage at. They respond to such communication with general apathy, then anger when it looks like I was right (after they've died 3 times) then they start trying to shift the blame and decide to kill two birds with one stone and attack the person who initially brought light to our mistakes.

My getting warned was 80% trying to communicate, 19% letting myself get caught up in bickering with bads that tried to deflect onto me for being helpful, and 1% a game of Draven that was hilariously fun.

Don't seem to recall ever playing with you, Orph. And for the record, I'm mentioning every good game I have in DD chat lately because despite me explaining how you're mistaken every time you parrot the same mischaracterization of me, you never seem to learn.

Hm. Seems you have something in common with some of my teammates. :3

Orphane

11-18-2012

I had an entire post written about your ****ty attitude, but you've pretty much summed it up better than I ever could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasao View Post
And for the record, I'm mentioning every good game I have in DD chat lately because despite me explaining how you're mistaken every time you parrot the same mischaracterization of me, you never seem to learn.

Hm. Seems you have something in common with some of my teammates. :3
Quoting for posterity.

Tasao

11-18-2012

Quote:
I had an entire post written about your ****ty attitude, but you've pretty much summed it up better than I ever could.

Quoting for posterity.
Pot meets kettle. Way to derail the thread with an even worse attitude than the one you attribute to me

Quoting for posterity.

Mindllapse

11-18-2012

"you're ****ing terrible trashcan kid go take out the trash, uninstall, and then kill yourself"

#1 rage NA

Westlin

11-18-2012

Okay here's the thing if I see someone make the same mistake over and over I tell them but I do it in a productive way. Say someone keeps running in alone while the others are on respawn I say, "wait up so we can take the point as a team." I have never seen someone get pissed at me for saying that. If someone's build seems way off I might give a suggestion but usually I mention build resistances if we have too many glass cannons. In those situations I say, "Hey you should build armor." or "Looks like they are putting out a lot of physical damage." Those don't typically get dickish reactions. Bot lane I do get a little pissy but thats in situations in which I'm in a bad matchup (Ryze against Cass) and I don't get any ganks because then I get raged at and my team blames everything on me so I end up a little more abrasive with the classic "Gank Now" "I need a gank" or the depressed "Why won't anyone gank for me?"

Phourc

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
I change the subject and talk about my favourite K-pop band - Girl's Generation to pass the remaining 10-15 minutes of the game while playing passively bot lane.
GG, GG, Baby, Baby?

Orphane

11-18-2012

There's actually one more Baby in there Phourc

NamKim

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayland View Post
No offense but no ****, that's the point I was trying to make, I do feel I should say something, but I don't feel like what I say is helpful and it just makes people mad, don't see why you had to reiterate it to me like that wasn't what I was saying, I do feel at fault here, sorry if that wasn't conveyed well enough to you through me admitting I trash talked the guy and was looking for another way.
Quote:
Well, considering you just pissed all over the guy who was genuinely trying to help you out...yeah, you kind of a have a problem...

"Here are some suggestions to stop your toxic behavior"
"You're a jerk for pointing out my mistake and calling me trash."
"O.o"
is what I was going to post. But I decided to respond by saying

Quote:
Take a few minutes to re-read the Summoner's Code. Think about how your behavior matches up with what is stated in the Summoner's Code. The more you try to follow it, the more you can be a positive influence on your peers in your games.

Remember that we all have bad players at times, Dominion is a game mode where you can turn things around. So, don't lose hope and stay positive. Change the meta up. Don't be afraid to be unorthodox. Have fun, there is no prize money on the line.

If all else fails, do what Sauron said in his mega guide and try to get the highest point just for the fun of it. Points means nothing, but if you know you're going to lose, might as well try to get the highest point. Who knows, maybe you'll turn things around.
We all naturally want to say something mean. We all feel it, I do as well. The only difference is that I know how to stop myself. Sometimes when I can't, I apologize for going out of line. Most people are pretty forgiving and often admit their own faults soon after. You are being a role model to other players.

Phourc

11-19-2012

Quote:
There's actually one more Baby in there Phourc
Is there?

So there is!