Why is middle east full of wars and violence?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matdir

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Ever play the civilization games? In the early game everything is fine, you could scout out as many as 5 other civ's within the twenty blocks in any direction. Thats fine, people can live their lives, I just want to expand and make a few more cities so we can have a dedicated farmland and a dedicated research location. Plenty of room for everyone, no need to fight.

Flash forward a hundred turns....

GET THE &#%@ AWAY FROM THOSE HORSES I NEED THEM FOR CHARIOTS YOU SON OF A %*@%.

Essentially as borders expand and start rubbing against each other, conflicts arise. As large civilizations absorb or ally small ones, they inherent the old conflicts as well.
Who uses charriots at turn 100? seriously.

Puppito

11-18-2012

i bet op is doing a last minute history paper

A Des3rt Madman

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectb View Post
I knew there's violence in the middle east because they are on newspapers everyday, but that doesn't make me a historian.

Ever read a book? There are a couple of skirmishes in the past hundred years; I believe you've heard of them. They're called World War I&II.

Read the peace treaties and see how they shaped the middle east. Read about the creation of Israel. Read some more....

Darkwahn

11-18-2012

Because sandniggers and jews both need to be exterminated. Even they know it; so they subconsciously work towards it all the time.

Kat Commander

11-18-2012

Its been going on for so long that its literally part of the culture. I'm talking thousands of years of war between religious groups and families. Or maybe its just a thousand.. I don't know.. I can't remember any dates in history.

But its kinda like the feud between the Hatfields and McCoys. There comes a point where you just need to fight because of how much bloodshed there's been, and in time you just forget why you're fighting in the first place. You fight because you're just raised to hate the other group, and then if you live to have children, you raise them the same way. A violent culture breeds more violence.

DeathByWaffle

11-18-2012

Well, there are a lot of different reasons. But, lets look at the past. A long time ago, the Middle East used to be THE place to be. It was one of the cultural capitals of the world. Many of the most intelligent scholars came from the Middle East and the biggest library of the time in the entire world (Library of Alexandria) was housed there.

However, all this changed due to a certain nomadic tribe from the east. Can you guess which tribe?

It was... The Mongols. Yep. The Mongols who conquered nearly all of Asia and then proceeded west towards the Middle East and Europe before turning back due to their Khan dying and them having to elect a new one.

The Mongols, in their conquest of the Middle East, literally destroyed everything. They burned the books, razed the fields, buried the irrigation canals, etc. They essentially turned the bastion of culture back to how it was many thousands of years ago. A hot and cruel desert.

A lot of historians say that due to this, the Middle East never really got back its former glory. Hell, TO THIS DAY the Middle East still has not recovered from the Mongol's attack. When you compound this with all the other civilizations attacking the Middle East for whatever reason (coughcoughoilcoughcough), it's no wonder the the Middle East is strife with warfare. So really, don't blame their culture or whatever for them being the way they are. There are a lot more factors then just that.

LuminesDragon

11-18-2012

Short answer is extrem poverty, colossal government, and industrial corruption.

Careful

11-18-2012

Because religion, it's the cause of almost all conflict nowadays.

A Des3rt Madman

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Well, there are a lot of different reasons. But, lets look at the past. A long time ago, the Middle East used to be THE place to be. It was one of the cultural capitals of the world. Many of the most intelligent scholars came from the Middle East and THE biggest library of the time (Library of Alexandria) was housed there.

However, all this changed due to a certain nomadic tribe from the east. Can you guess which tribe?

It was... The Mongols. Yep. The Mongols who conquered nearly all of Asia and then proceeded west towards the Middle East and Europe before turning back due to their Khan dying and them having to elect a new one.

The Mongols, in their conquest of the Middle East, literally destroyed everything. They burned the books, razed the fields, buried the irrigation canals, etc. They essentially turned the bastion of culture back to how it was many thousands of years ago. A hot and cruel desert.

A lot of historians say that due to this, the Middle East never really got back its former glory. Hell, TO THIS DAY the Middle East still has not recovered from the Mongol's attack. When you compound this with all the other civilizations attacking the Middle East for whatever reason (coughcoughoilcoughcough), it's no wonder the the Middle East is strife with warfare. So really, don't blame their culture or whatever for them being the way they are. There are a lot more factors then just that.
quoted for truth. History is so murky and full of things going.

DomQc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

war is money