A proposed nerf to Teemo on dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boomshackalak

11-18-2012

Teemo is currently terrorizing dominion. He is the most played champion by far, and he also have a very high win rate. He has always been a decent pick, and at the moment he is overpowered with the addition of Blackfire Torch. Additionally he is very annoying to face, as walking into invisible mushrooms all the time does not fit well with my definition of fun. Squishy targets suffer the hardest when facing Teemo, while bruisers are affected to a lesser extent.

My proposed nerf to Teemo is to alter the speedshrines on dominion to also provide a truesight buff in addition to the speed buff. This would make it possible to clear the much of the jungle for mushrooms, without affecting the balance of stealth champs on capture points. Since the buff has a very limited duration you would have to walk through the shrines multiple times in order to clear multiple paths. Getting rid of mushrooms costs time, but you don't have to buy an item you can easily lose 10 seconds later (Especially true if you are on the losing side).

Truesight items would still be needed to counter stealth champs outside of the jungle, and even in jungle fights the buff would not be a reliable source of truesight considering the short duration.

SuperQuackDuck

11-18-2012

I think this would make teemo unviable. I just propose that his shrooms last 2 mins max. And canno have more than 5 on the map on any given moment.

boomshackalak

11-18-2012

Would you miss him?

I think he would still be decent. Mushrooms on capture points would not be affected, and jungle mushrooms can still be effective if the enemy team does not clear often or they are placed in clever positions.

Changing values on Teemo will affect him in SR as well, and there he is weak as it is.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Change BFT.

frumper

11-19-2012

FYI with two teemos in every blind pick game, his win percent is 50%

Bunnle

11-19-2012

Lot of FotM Teemo players here going on a downvote frenzy I see.

boomshackalak

11-19-2012

But he is not on EVERY team. Atleast not yet, with his incomming free week he probably will be. According to lolking.com he had a win rate of 55.75% the last month, 4th highest in the game.

Even with the incomming nerf to BFT he will still be annoying, and BFT still looks like a very good item for him. Considering how the his damage is applied over time he will probably not have problems with the BFT stacks. Cooldown reduction and magic pen is also great on him considering how mushrooms have high base damage

But no one likes this idea? It will affect Teemo way more than other stealth champions, and it helps squishy champions more than bruisers considering who is affected the hardest by his mushrooms.

RADIALDISSONANCE

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I think this would make teemo unviable. I just propose that his shrooms last 2 mins max. And canno have more than 5 on the map on any given moment.
This is much more on the right track to properly handling Teemo. I would say no more than 5 on the map is too limited, however, and that 2 minute duration of shrooms is a bit too short for fairness' sake.

The ridiculousness of Teemo is that his shrooms last 10 minutes. Especially ridiculous in a game-mode which lasts about ~20 minutes on average. You don't have to limit the number of shrooms he can lay, just the duration of the shrooms. That effectively puts a cap on the number of shrooms he can have on the battlefield anyway, since he only generates them at a set rate while his already-laid shrooms are disappearing at a set rate.

2 minutes is maybe a little extreme. Maybe 4-5 minute duration would bring Teemo a bit more balance.

boomshackalak

11-19-2012

But I really doubt he will be changed in a way that nerfs him on summoners rift, as that is the most played map by far. It has also been stated that having different champion stats for different modes is not something riot is going to do.

RADIALDISSONANCE

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshackalak View Post
But I really doubt he will be changed in a way that nerfs him on summoners rift, as that is the most played map by far. It has also been stated that having different champion stats for different modes is not something riot is going to do.
Good point. I was suggesting changes that would be Dominion-specific, but I guess if Riot won't consider that, then balancing Teemo is much trickier indeed..