Season 3 (Indirect) Hecarim Nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GangstaBlasta

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
The return on damage for Hecarim was never really worth it to build tons of MS anyway.

His passive is a nice bonus, but it shouldn't be built around.

I honestly don't think this will be that noticeable when all's said and done.

at level 18, hecarim converts 25% bonus movement speed into attack damage. once again, with runes(+4.5%), masteries(+2%), trinity force(+8%), reverie active(+40%), force of nature(+8%), tier 2 boots(+70), ghost(+35%) his e(+75%), and maybe, MAYBE ghostblade (+20%) do the math and tell me that isnt noticable when he hits the enemy carry with his e and all those bonus movement speed items + effects, summoner spells.

not to mention, if a support also has SR, or even janna who gives an extra 3%, or maybe a lulu+galio+orianna+kayle etc who gives him a movement speed boost... it really does add up

GangstaBlasta

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
I've personally played Hecarim on PBE just to make sure that he was fine.

Verdict: He's better than ever!

Get this:
Defense Mastery: Relentless: Reduce effectiveness of slows by 7.5/15%
Defense Tenacious: Reduces the duration of crowd control effects by 5/10/15% (no longer 21 points in defense either)

Boots of Swiftness (1000)
Boots of Speed (350) + 650
UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +60 Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive - Slow Resist: Movement slowing effects are reduced by 25%.

Enchantment: Furor (650)
Enchants these boots to have the Furor bonus
UNIQUE Passive - Furor: Whenever you deal damage with a single target attack or spell, you gain 12% bonus movement speed that decays over 2 seconds.

Zephyr (2850)
Stinger (1250) + Long Sword (400) + 1200
+20 Attack Damage
+50% Attack Speed
+10% Movement Speed
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Tenacity: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes are reduced by 35%.

So, where is the problem? These things combined make him more dangerous because he can ignore MORE disables than ever? Once he hits you, the enchantment kicks in and he never lets a target go. Maybe his roaming speed around the map doesnt have the same top gear, but his initiate is MUCH better.

The problem is his early game, mostly in the jungle. he will only get an extra 25 movement speed (2.5 AD) with boots, the only mastery worth taking that provides him with movement speed needs 21 points into utility, taking away from good defensive/offensive masteries that would be better for clearing camps/surviving camps/ surviving ganks. not to mention with the new jungle (the reason hunters machete was introduced) is designed to be much harder. hecarim already didnt really clear with ease like other junglers, so either buy boots and back way early, or buy machete to try to do damage that boots could have helped with.

.........but other than that yes, there are other alternatives to help him deal with movement speed problems late game, and late game only.

IonDragonX

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaBlasta View Post
The problem is his early game, mostly in the jungle. he will only get an extra 25 movement speed (2.5 AD) with boots, the only mastery worth taking that provides him with movement speed needs 21 points into utility, taking away from good defensive/offensive masteries.
You are answering your own question? The machete deals 10 true damage per hit and you are asking for your 2.5 AD back? What is with your non-problems? The +2% move speed from the old utility tree was negligible in the first place. I won't play Hecarim with the +3% either. HES FINE with 0/21/9. Even better than ever, I'll bet.
Quote:
hecarim already didnt really clear with ease like other junglers, so either buy boots and back way early, or buy machete to try to do damage that boots could have helped with.
Stonewall already proved that our pony is fine for clear speed.
Video Link

as Desolator

11-18-2012

i think hes fine how he is

GangstaBlasta

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by as Desolator View Post
i think hes fine how he is
this is not a post about how he is now, this is a post about how he will be so negatively affected in season 3

GangstaBlasta

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
You are answering your own question? The machete deals 10 true damage per hit and you are asking for your 2.5 AD back? What is with your non-problems? The +2% move speed from the old utility tree was negligible in the first place. I won't play Hecarim with the +3% either. HES FINE with 0/21/9. Even better than ever, I'll bet.

Stonewall already proved that our pony is fine for clear speed.
Video Link

yes he is fine for clear speed, but this post is regarding season 3, once again. And the machete is 300 gold, meaning he has to choose between machete or boots. I personally like to get boots level 1 because it means you can gank before you have to go back and get items. He can jungle fine now, even without a leash, but season three is aimed towards getting underplayed junglers back into the meta ex. Yi, WW, Shyv, etc. Champs who can clear well and sustain in the jungle because the camps are going to be worth more, making staying in jungle all game a viable option. Hecarim is more of a ganking jungler, along with maokai or rammus. and also, idk about you but when I play hecarim my passive gives me +7.5 extra AD at level 1, and instead of doing an extra 10 damage to monsters, id rather have 7.5 extra attack damage AND extra mobility

WorkItHarder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Building movement speed on Hec is now more difficult, making his passive less useful. However, he has some great new options for building tanky/damage. Frozen fist will almost definitely be really good on him and the new and improved Spirit visage will be too. New boots of swiftness and boots enchantments are gonna be great on him as well. Spirit of the Ancient Golem are a great source of tenacity while still keeping strong jungle presence.

That being said, I'm also unhappy about the movement speed nerfs. If they hurt Hec too much I expect that Riot will buff his passive to reflect the changes. If they don't then I will complain LOUDLY AND FURIOUSLY to them. (or maybe just quietly and bitterly to myself).

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Well sad see nerf hec hopefully they buff him alittle return I do think he gets some love this patch..sure he loses movement from FoN but he gains a much stronger spirit visage.also with triforce nerf easier to justify running frozen fist.Ii do wonder if the new taimat will work with his Q because that could be brutal

TheRealShenShady

11-22-2012

Riot pls

cavecricket48

11-22-2012

You guys do realize that a slow will immediately negate pretty much all of Warpath's bonus AD, right? And I'm pretty sure that the MS -> AD conversion indeed calculates after the soft MS caps.