I don't undestand how are infinite sustain champions balanced.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadajko

11-18-2012

Every time I lane vs them I lose the lane, and if I win, it is due to a good performance of my jungler. Champions like Katarina, Vlad, Zed, Lee, Kennen. They cast all day long and I always go toe to toe with them until thee point when I run out of mana, and it's done:
1) I lose cs if I go back for mana.
2) I lose a little less cs but still lose cs if I stay too, and risk to die.
3) If I buy sustain items I don't have enough damage, if I buy damage items I don't have enough sustain.

Myrmidont

11-18-2012

You're supposed to be able to consistently harass them or out poke them or out scale them if you can stay in lane.

Something along those lines.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-18-2012

there is currently infinite sustain champ with an exceptional endgame. Feel free to ask about any champ.

Ancient Pire

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajko View Post
Every time I lane vs them I lose the lane, and if I win, it is due to a good performance of my jungler. Champions like Katarina, Vlad, Zed, Lee, Kennen. They cast all day long and I always go toe to toe with them until thee point when I run out of mana, and it's done:
3) If I buy sustain items I don't have enough damage, if I buy damage items I don't have enough sustain.
well, if you could play properly, you wouldnt be here n00b.
think of it this way, if you kill them, they cant farm. all im hearing is that
A) you are using mana to farm
B) you have terrible times with ganks cause
A) you used all your mana farming
B) you got beaten out of your lane cause you cant play
C)you dont know how to harass
D) you cant last hit blue golem

dont be so quick to say that they are unbalanced ( you never said they were unbalenced but you are implying)
each time i play against one i do fine. and cs isnt even that big of a deal compared to feeding. Learn to prioritize.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

I don't see a problem fighting indefinitely sustainable champions in the lane. Hit them faster than they can sustain themselves and just watch the fun.

And did you really list Vladimir, possibly the weakest AP mid because of a horrid early game and short range?

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-18-2012

keep in mind that ultimately you have to deal with item advantage. If you stay in lane long enough to get your items when you go back, even if you died they still have to make a trip

You'd be suprized what an extra dorans ring can do to a midlane battle

Edit: experimented with a bad runepage. Gave ahri a 3rd dorans ring and **** vlad sideways. Sold it after regaining level advantage giving me a net loss of only 475/4 = 118.75g before factoring in a won fight and bonus gold/exp

VeryTense

11-18-2012

I've recently gone the route of burst vs sustain. All mana goes to harass them and try to zone them a bit.

I still hate Katarina but at least I can beat her in lane now.

Best Zod NA

11-18-2012

Athene's Unholy Grail.

Evolnemesis

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
keep in mind that ultimately you have to deal with item advantage. If you stay in lane long enough to get your items when you go back, even if you died they still have to make a trip

You'd be suprized what an extra dorans ring can do to a midlane battle

Edit: experimented with a bad runepage. Gave ahri a 3rd dorans ring and **** vlad sideways. Sold it after regaining level advantage giving me a net loss of only 475/4 = 118.75g before factoring in a won fight and bonus gold/exp
Extra Doran's items can work wonders, also gp10 items if you are really being countered will make up for a lot of lost CS, and let you stand up to harass better too.

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajko View Post
Only vlad has any sustain of those you listed and his sustain is weak.

The rest might not run out of mana but they will run out of health.

Try actually landing some of your abilities instead of spamming shots down range and hitting nothing but air.

Oh and btw, if you build Rod of Ages, you will have more than enough mana that you will never run out before you want to go back.