Thoughts on the ask threads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blade3324

11-18-2012

I have no idea who these people are...

I should REALLY read the JoJ

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Yeah...item rp?? That's silly. Some people...

My main point in wanting some kind of higher up summoner RP-ed is that my OC is about to start butting heads with some of the League's actions and someone to play it out with would be a whole lot more interesting than Geokhan saying that he did something out of the ordinary, like he stop magical experiments in Kalmandra or something like that. It couldn't be any summoner, it would have to be someone with some authority.

I may have to make a new account to make this work unless someone wants to give me some help, but would it be better to make a new summoner, lets say Zuanite, who has SOME power in the League or to go with someone who is already in existence.

Ebonmaw Dragon

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Yeah...item rp?? That's silly. Some people...
But some items are called after someone like Yommumu, Shurelia, Malmortius, Morelo Etc... But would be werid if someone RP as Morelo or someone who is "real" :V

Farnbil

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
But some items are called after someone like Yommumu, Shurelia, Malmortius, Morelo Etc... But would be werid if someone RP as Morelo or someone who is "real" :V
None of those items are not sentient.

Warmog's Armor is as far as I know, the only item in the League that can be RP'ed to a satisfying degree.

I stand corrected: Haunting Guise is also not sentient

UberDuDrop

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
I dislike the idea of playing non-champion characters such as skins or items or minions or whatever else. And even moreso, I thoroughly disapprove of playing canon Riot characters that hold key positions in the Institute of War. Don't forget that all those characters have Riot employees behind them, and basically grabbing their canon characters out of their hands would be a grand failure of RP etiquette. Also, basically none of those characters have definitive bios that help a player outline their course of behavior, so any kind of portrayal is almost bound to be out of character.

I left the Runebook roleplay when people began roleplaying as Pink Ward and Left Jungle Wolf On the Blue Side Of Rift. As exciting as that sounds, it just does not work out, so please... don't.
My RP character is a minion. Just a minion who has a spell book. And a secret. But still a minion nevertheless. And I'm doing fine.

GizzyBear

11-18-2012

If I remember correctly people have made an ask thread for the Shops, janitor, baron, and minion thread quite a while ago, and almost all people love it.

Edit- Which reminds me, wonder if anyone is going to make an ask Vilemaw thread.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

The janitor was good fun, but I think he didn't have a thread. The Minion ask thread failed horribly as there was no interest. Don't remember Baron or the shop keepers, unless you mean the shop threads that are up now.

I am not agreeable towards any creep RP, but if you can make the character work, entertain, and make sense...at least IC wise, then I won't yell and scream about it.

My main point is that I want to know if we can have high ranking summoners RPed, be they OC or RC (Riot Characters). Is there some method to do this, cause if we say its allowed and six new people run in saying that they can boss the old OC summoners around, heads will roll.

Someone roleplaying a summoner who is higher up the ladder should be informed that they can't just pop in and tell us to wear a fish for a week or some ****. They also shouldn't be allowed to boss someone around daily.