@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
My problem with female champ design recently was that it's boring. Zyra/Elise/Syndra look like the same girl with different halloween outfits on, and that's dull. Nami is a fish lady and that's awesome. We need more of this, not less - this is variety, this is what it looks like. I could care less if she has boobs or not.
That's different then. Variety is nice.

Gixia

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki Ryu View Post
Ok fine... She's a spider demon, not a human. Why does she need that? What is your problem with boobs? Why is coverage a MUST? Are we in the Victorian era? Or did I miss something? She looks fine. She looks evil. What is your issues. Why does everyone have to be covered?
...I said exactly what my issue was? My issue is that her title is that of royalty, and her role in the lore is that of a high-priestess, and thus she should look the part.

Considering I just finished saying that Nami looks great, and Nami has some pretty exposed cleavage, I'd have thought that would be a tip-off to you that I have no problem with boobs.

Megeara

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
My problem with female champ design recently was that it's boring. Zyra/Elise/Syndra look like the same girl with different halloween outfits on, and that's dull. Nami is a fish lady and that's awesome. We need more of this, not less - this is variety, this is what it looks like. I could care less if she has boobs or not.
I agree- I disliked those three champions and Nami's concept art feels like a very good step in the right direction.

I am, however, a little disappointed in what I've seen of her in-game model. The concept art was so good because of the details, and her frilly low-cut top looked like it was designed that way to draw attention to the jewelry hanging down her chest. Her in-game model looks like a step back towards the Zyra/Elise/Syndra model; her breasts are pushed up and in, almost completely obscuring what caught my eye about her.

Redeemed In Fire

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki Ryu View Post
Ok fine... She's a spider demon, not a human. Why does she need that? What is your problem with boobs? Why is coverage a MUST? Are we in the Victorian era? Or did I miss something? She looks fine. She looks evil. What is your issues. Why does everyone have to be covered?
Elise is. Her lore paints the picture of a Victorian era priestess/cult leader, then gives us... Cat Woman. But with random skin windows.

Akuni

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The voice, though the concept art is just that - concept art. It was the first drawing of her, not the final.
No. Just no. Please no.

Her voice was the first thing that struck me as awsome. It really gives her a playful, splashy personality. What's the issue with having her be more in the teenager category?! From all female champions... We have Annie which is distinct around 10 years old maybe and the rest floats between 20 and 40. There's a gap between Annie and the rest that Nami could fill really well, why do you want to push her into a category which is so full already? You realize that's the category which get's named in all those "lack of diversity" threads. You managed to form a unique character again and you want to destroy it for the sake of not having to change the model?! I know you don't wanna make that new designer feel bad but that's so illogical on your side.

Don't go and destroy her voiceover as it is really refreshing and goes well with her. It'd be a shame if this character design would go to waste imho. Please consider this again before doing anything!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-18-2012
19 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
so its 2 AM in the morning, why are YOU guys up? :/
Reasons.

Phourc

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You have got to be kidding me...
Bah, don't feed the trolls!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-18-2012
20 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Bah, don't feed the trolls!
You fail to realize the size of the the deep hole inside of me that WANTS TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

Redeemed In Fire

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavamp View Post
No. Just no. Please no.

Her voice was the first thing that struck me as awsome. It really gives her a playful, splashy personality. What's the issue with having her be more in the teenager category?! From all female champions... We have Annie which is distinct around 10 years old maybe and the rest floats between 20 and 40. There's a gap between Annie and the rest that Nami could fill really well, why do you want to push her into a category which is so full already? You realize that's the category which get's named in all those "lack of diversity" threads. You managed to form a unique character again and you want to destroy it for the sake of not having to change the model?! I know you don't wanna make that new designer feel bad but that's so illogical on your side.

Don't go and destroy her voiceover as it is really refreshing and goes well with her. It'd be a shame if this character design would go to waste imho. Please consider this again before doing anything!
2 words: Sexualization + underage.

Super Explosion

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Reasons.
Say, Mister Stylus, since you're still around!:

Any tall thin pale female champions with complex though normally shaped eyes in the works?

Or a girlfriend for Alistar with a huge rectangular shield!