@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekka777 View Post
As irrelevant as this may be, I prefer flat chests =3
DFC, even prehaps outside of the context of a yordle as insane as that sounds, would be greatly welcomed. Attractive doesn't have to be buxom, it can even add some interesting/humorous characterizations to a character (eg Lina Inverse).

Malíce

Recruiter

11-18-2012

With that first post, IronStylus instantaneously SKYROCKETED to my number one favorite red.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Excuse me but I feel this whole "oversexualization" argument to be totally disingenuous. I don't think these people actually care about women, or how they feel about themselves or their own bodies. And another thing, why should Riot have to pander to these people who either a. have body issues that are their own issue to work out, or b. are pushing their patriarchy onto these characters who dare to be powerful and sexy? It's disgusting. Why is their sexiness something to be fixed? It isn't and deal with it.

There is nothing wrong with these characters, and there is nothing wrong with their sexuality. These characters, are just that, characters. They are also all powerful in their own right. Leona is on par with Janna. And it's silly that people feel the need to throw a hissy fit when a female who, oh goodness no, has curves comes out.

You are putting the Devs in a position where they have to defend, of all things, the looks of the character they came out with. Now they have to sound sympathetic to treating females equally, but still have to try to not push characters who could honestly pass for a male at first glance. Lay off, and let them do what they want, don't put them in a box. Give suggestions, but don't try to limit their creativeness. This pisses me off, here's a support champ and we have to talk about how she looks, and not how we need more supports. No talks about the kit, or design, we have to talk about breasts. Honestly. Stop pushing your body issues and your insecurities on these FANTASY CHARACTERS.

And for the Reds I love Nami, she's an awesome support champ, and so much fun to play. Her W feels great to land, and her heal is a creative way to have a heal on a support and make it rewarding to use it in the right situations. Great job, can't wait to see the next one. Please don't make us wait until July for it. <3

Shinrasaa

11-18-2012

And just to add a last note to this discussion: While some of my posts weren't super serious and on the subject, I feel strongly about this thread because I imagine Nami's artist reading this right now.

How must it feel, spending hours of work, trying to do your best because it's your first time designing a champion, being nervous about the reaction of your audience and then getting such a thread slapped into your face?

Isn't that horribly disrespectful? And the Opening Post is anything but constructive, especially with the new "picture" added.

Nami's face is gorgeous, I can see the love and care put into the concept art and the artist is obviously talented.
For her first work, she doesn't deserve this kind of "feedback" thread

Just saying that maybe we should also think about the artist's feelings here. In a lot of other games, you cannot even give feedback or wishes for future concept designs. But just because you can here is no reason to disrespect the artist in such a way. Well, I posted enough here, so yeah, this'll be my last post on this matter >-<

Gixia

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
And why not? Would it make sense with her lore to have her in full body armor?
Not body armour, but a full length dress, gown, or robe would look far more appropriate on her. Something regal, elegant, and refined. Hell, even something kinda like Nami, with a poofy, frilly, low cut collar could make her look sexy and yet still elegant at the same time. Elise needs an outfit that says spider queen, or high-priestess. Instead, her outfit screams hooker. She also needs footwear that are actually functional. Her current shoes are far more unrealistic than a world of magic and monsters.

LouisLeGros

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
And why not? Would it make sense with her lore to have her in full body armor? Her "real body" is that of a giant spider, it wouldn't make sense for her to wear anything like that. Apart from that, this is a fantasy game. Of course women and men would be designed to be pleasing to the eye. I generally agree that more ugly or monsters or covered up females are needed, but Elise as a whole looks good and makes more sense than her original design.

As for Nami, she is a mermaid. Those are seductresses, so I don't understand why you complain about her. Apart from that, when I see a new champion, I don't look at the cleavage or boobs or if she is covered up or revealing, I look at the face, the abilities and either I fall in love and play him/her or not. A lot of people do not care about the cleavage or "oversexualisation" as long as the overall design is cool.

So yeah, why change what thousands of people fell in love with? IronStylus has promised different types, but he can't just snap his fingers and make it happen. Your concerns were already heard. However, what you are trying is to make every female into a concept you guys like. You don't have to like every released champion, there is place for every kind of design in LoL.

I am tired of the

1. she is a mermaid
2. mermaids are seducturesses
3. therefore you shouldn't criticize Riot's mermaid"

Why does a mermaid have to be a seductress? As far as I was aware the only thing that a mermaid had to be was that they had to be part human and part fish in some way.

Sure a lot of people like the design, but a lot of people also liked Queen Rutela's design in Twilight Princess. Would all of these people who like Nami not like her design if Nami's chest was closer in appearance to that of Queen Rutela's? I think there would be just as many people waiting ecstatically to play her in addition to a fraction of the naysay about the design stemming from the perceived unneeded sexualization of the current design.

Murasaki Ryu

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
Not body armour, but a full length dress, gown, or robe would look far more appropriate on her. Something regal, elegant, and refined. Hell, even something kinda like Nami, with a poofy, frilly, low cut collar could make her look sexy and yet still elegant at the same time. Elise needs an outfit that says spider queen, or high-priestess. Instead, her outfit screams hooker. She also needs footwear that are actually functional. Her current shoes are far more unrealistic than a world of magic and monsters.
Why? Why does she need that? Why are you forcing her into clothing? She's a fish, not a person. What is it about cleavage you can't deal with? Honestly lets put MF in a burqa while we're at it.

Gixia

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki Ryu View Post
Why? Why does she need that? Why are you forcing her into clothing? She's a fish, not a person. What is it about cleavage you can't deal with? Honestly lets put MF in a burqa while we're at it.
I'm talking about Elise, not Nami. Nami looks great. Human-form Elise is the worst looking champ in-game. If anything, I'm saying Elise should've looked more like Nami does, minus the fish parts.

Light Fantastic

11-18-2012

My problem with female champ design recently was that it's boring. Zyra/Elise/Syndra look like the same girl with different halloween outfits on, and that's dull. Nami is a fish lady and that's awesome. We need more of this, not less - this is variety, this is what it looks like. I could care less if she has boobs or not.

Murasaki Ryu

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
I'm talking about Elise, not Nami. Nami looks great. Human-form Elise is the worst looking champ in-game.
Ok fine... She's a spider demon, not a human. Why does she need that? What is your problem with boobs? Why is coverage a MUST? Are we in the Victorian era? Or did I miss something? She looks fine. She looks evil. What is your issues. Why does everyone have to be covered?