I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asakyun

11-18-2012

all the win

Averath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaoil View Post
But untargetables getting targeted has been stated as a bug no?
It is a bug, yes.

Tetramaster

11-18-2012

It's a bug, and that's the point of the vid. It's a funny little thing to show that this bug currently exists (Jarvan IV's Flag has the same issue)

GrizlakMonger

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.

While lowering importance of CS does allow for cross lane ganking more, teams already do a lot of that, so it wasn't something that was lacking. What it definitely DOES accomplish is remove some of the skill advantage of the game, which seems like a step backwards for the biggest game in eSports right now. There are games that specifically do not involve solid mechanics (like Smite) that don't exist as eSports, but more as casual mobas. I hope for LoL to remain the gold standard for competitive mobas and removing the ability of players to leverage their skills to an advantage seems to really narrow play styles. Teams CAN and DO play very good all out aggressive kill styles, but its fun to see them contrasted with teams that play it safe and weather the storm with great mechanics and CS to keep them in it like CLG.EU. Don't force everyone to play the same. Safe play isn't boring to watch. No one would like CLG.EU if that were true, and they have one of the biggest followings. Its fun to see how they adjust to what is thrown at them.

Averath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizlakMonger View Post
While lowering importance of CS does allow for cross lane ganking more, teams already do a lot of that, so it wasn't something that was lacking. What it definitely DOES accomplish is remove some of the skill advantage of the game, which seems like a step backwards for the biggest game in eSports right now. There are games that specifically do not involve solid mechanics (like Smite) that don't exist as eSports, but more as casual mobas. I hope for LoL to remain the gold standard for competitive mobas and removing the ability of players to leverage their skills to an advantage seems to really narrow play styles. Teams CAN and DO play very good all out aggressive kill styles, but its fun to see them contrasted with teams that play it safe and weather the storm with great mechanics and CS to keep them in it like CLG.EU. Don't force everyone to play the same. Safe play isn't boring to watch. No one would like CLG.EU if that were true, and they have one of the biggest followings. Its fun to see how they adjust to what is thrown at them.
It feels as if the changes to ambient gold gain are a way to help support characters, since they completely lack any CS. You cannot buff items, because they'd be bought by other characters. Your only option is to take an emphasis off of CS to give them more options.

The unfortunate side-effect is that it hurts junglers.

Happy CIVL tech

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
Summary of Day 1 here - http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/s...-day-1-summary

Edit - not enjoying basically being forced to take the machete and still struggle

Edit 2- It's not looking so good for the first clear and a few junglers. Some junglers, like Diana, are doing well and considering the jungle will scale up and give more gold as the game goes on she'll benefit in the end!

Edit 3 - Darius fastest jungler so far. I have no tried Dr. Mundo or Shyvana

Edit 4 - Verdict on the jungle is that it's not "bad" nor is it "good" - it is different. A few junglers that we've gotten used to are going to be snuffed out and other junglers are going to get better or stay the same. The speed junglers Dr Mundo and Shyvana have the same clear times (albeit sustain hits) and will benefit from increased gold. The sustained ones like Warwick and Fiddle became more attractive and versatile picks. Then you have lee Sin who so far is actually WORSE in the new jungle. He cannot sustain himself and his speed took a nose dive.

Edit 5 - Spoilers of course: The following videos are preparing and are queued for upload (takes awhile to upload btw): 2 Lee Sin videos done, Old School, The Ganker Supreme, The Fragile One, The Dark Horses, The Fire Starters, The Chosen One, The Hopefuls, The Manly Men, The Fast Junglers, The Troll. You take a guess at who is who.

Edit 6 - Playlist and further discussion here http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...review_jungle/
Thanks, stonewall

BeastBox

11-18-2012

Watched all the videos; good stuff. Looking forward to Rammus and Nunu videos.

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

bump

CiaphasCainX

11-18-2012

Hey Stonewall have you checked out how Rengar will fair? He's one of my favorites, even with the nerfs but i'm pretty worried given his increased cooldowns that the new jungle will force him out entirely.

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaphasCainX View Post
Hey Stonewall have you checked out how Rengar will fair? He's one of my favorites, even with the nerfs but i'm pretty worried given his increased cooldowns that the new jungle will force him out entirely.
His video goes up today