[Counter-Guide] How to Lane/Fight against Vlad (Or: Stop *****ing and read this)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Your example suggests building Frozen Mallet on Xin Zhao, which is literally the dumbest possible item choice.
Yeah.
Quote:
The Xin Zhao
The Xin Zhao is quite possibly the stupidest kind of player to fight Vladimir.
Already covered that part :P

Nosef

09-28-2010

The pool is kinda ridic though... almost kale's ult, but also does dmg and slows... every 9 s or so at max lvl.

turntekGodhead

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
Vlad IS NOT balanced, his q alone breaks him. A free, spammable heal? Yeah thats not OP at all...

Sure he can be beat and if your smart Vlad is just another soft tank, but for the general populace Vlad is OP.
Bad design != imbalance, it just means "hard to balance"

Necrosis627

09-28-2010

This guide doesn't teach you how to counter vladimir very effectively. All you need is a banshees veil, not to be playing on TT (No sunlight) or TF. Why? Banshees=Cross SR summer=Sun TF=Van Helsing. All hardcounters to vampires. Duh.

Lol....though seriously nice guide, can't believe people don't understand this already..+1

Kinney

09-28-2010

All good, but seriously, a thread on countering Vlad that doesn't mention Ignite?

Seriously, if you think Sanguine Pool is OP, try Igniting him before he goes into it. The results are pretty hilarious.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
All good, but seriously, a thread on countering Vlad that doesn't mention Ignite?

Seriously, if you think Sanguine Pool is OP, try Igniting him before he goes into it. The results are pretty hilarious.
I may have assumed people already knew this. I'll probably append that to the end of the guide, though. Thanks!

Burning Rose

10-01-2010

Bump

Picuira

10-01-2010

hey very good guide o/
i've just started at lol (former a dota'er) and already realized he's got to be cced after sanguine, and that it dooms the **** out of him... can't understand how someone doesn't get that...
personally liked the way u seem pissed off o/ just because i get pissed off when people just don't listen (read) to what sum1's saying on a game... i mean... i didn't find that "turn chat off" key yet!

Pelter

10-02-2010

Thank you for this thread.

Good read and great counter strategy. Perhaps you could make more of these for supposedly OP champions to raise awareness which will prevent nerfs (Kog'Maw *hint hint*).

iMerk

10-02-2010

i guarantee i will still face-roll ur team with my vlad, sorry lol

123456 ... 7