Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
It is for some. Those with high single target damage can do it, since they use the 10% bonus really well. Attack speed also is great, Voli is one example of one who uses the machete correctly.

Hecarim who only really does AoE however, falls flat. But then again, I had NO runes that time, so he might still be able to pull through with machete.

I've also tried Volibear some more. Got full build. I have to say, he handles impressively compared to before. I believe this was my build:

Muramana
Frozen Fist
Frozen Heart
Runic... Bulwark? The Aegis upgrade. Dat MR.
Warmog's
Merc Treads

Edit: Oh and, I believe if you can work some AS into it and he'll do much, much better. Wit's End perhaps. Mana does drain rather quickly though if you forget to pay attention to it. I'll try to do some more testing later today if I manage to stay logged in, going out for a few hours now.
Hmm that build looks strong late game but it's pretty expensive. How were you around mid/early game. If you're getting a Muramana you'd have to cash out on it pretty early which will highlight Voli's early game flaws.

I like the new Warmogs (no more stacking and FoN passive). I'm missing Shurelya's in your build though and I love me some 85% movement speed bursts to catch an out of place carry.

New jungle sounds odd. Poor Hecarim

Edit: ERMAHGERD 100 PAGES WOOOOOO

(I also posted a rant type thing in RiotGypsy's thread to see if he can help us)

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post

Storm Armour (Passive)
Every time Volibear uses a skill he gains 3 charges of Storm Armour. For every charge, Volibear gains 2.5 armour and magic resistance. Volibear can have a maximum of 15 charges.

Whenever Volibear gets struck by an enemy champion, his armour unleashes an electrical discharge reducing their armour and magic resistance by double the amount (5 AR/MR) for 3 seconds. This effect consumes 1 charge of Storm Armour.
Edited and bolded what I think should be changed. This allows him to act as both an offensive utility bruiser and increases his 1v1 damage (it also suits his odd magic / physical damage mix).

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Going to update the OP with newer ideas we've thought of that could work together to create the blueprints for his inevitable rework.

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Bump

GreekAsTheGods

11-17-2012

i definitely support some of the duration/activation changes suggested here. volibear relies quite heavily on keep W stacks and his overall teamfight damage relies heavily on his ult. as it is, with characters like him and udyr who only have move speed steroids to gap close, it's incredibly easy to simply kite them.

that said, volibear's stacking W doesn't last nearly long enough for what his kit is intended to do, and generally about 60% of the duration of his ult, when used in teamfights, is used in transit either following a kiting adc or moving between targets as team focus changes.

OP seems like he knows what he's talking about, riot should atleast look at the numbers.

A bouncy Furret

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekAsTheGods View Post
i definitely support some of the duration/activation changes suggested here. volibear relies quite heavily on keep W stacks and his overall teamfight damage relies heavily on his ult. as it is, with characters like him and udyr who only have move speed steroids to gap close, it's incredibly easy to simply kite them.

that said, volibear's stacking W doesn't last nearly long enough for what his kit is intended to do, and generally about 60% of the duration of his ult, when used in teamfights, is used in transit either following a kiting adc or moving between targets as team focus changes.

OP seems like he knows what he's talking about, riot should atleast look at the numbers.
Hmm you made me think of something. What if the AS on his W was reduced a lot, but it gave him some MS? Hmmmm... Might be worth it might not be...

Thank you for your support, one day we will make the future brighter, for bears, everywhere.

Asdioh

11-17-2012

awww Ursa what'd you think of my idea on the last page?

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
awww Ursa what'd you think of my idea on the last page?
Oh sorry I must have missed it.

I think "burst" tankiness like that isn't a solution, I'd rather have tankiness I can rely on rather than losing most of my HP then being too scared to continue fighting.

But it's still stronger than his current passive. And the 10% healing is pretty silly, it would either feel useless or feel too strong but be really OP all the time which isn't that great design.

Asdioh

11-17-2012

well, I wanted to keep the key elements of the current volibear, without making him swinging into OP/UP like he currently does, depending on the intelligence of his enemy.

I thought the regen would be a bit like Fiora's passive, except it would make sense because Volibear WANTS to be hit. The numbers on the secondary effect of his passive could be changed, like maybe 50% health?
Or we could simply give thunder claws a defensive steroid, but the damage aspect of it would have to be nerfed heavily in that case.