F*cking surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

11-17-2012

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Seriously. Just because you think it's over, it doesn't mean it's over. Play it out, because you can win if you work as a team and you have the skills. Would you surrender a 4v5 when you've been aced? I wouldn't.

deirin

11-17-2012

well when u got some1 that keep suiciding and team dont wanna surrender its....lame :c
its obvious u wont win with this settup

Vonstahl

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
As much as he is immature, it's true. Got stuck in a 50 minute game with the score being something like 10-64 because I had two teammates that would just not surrender. I generally report them for not surrendering in a situation like this because I see it as either trolling or assisting the enemy team.
how is it assisting the enemy team to not roll over and let them have the win?

im not saying that there arnt problems with the system but any system has them, I cant say how many times I have been in what appears to be a hopeless game where we try to surrender (2 people say no) and we turn it around, those are the games I enjoy the most as I feel like I accomplished something,

if you had it lowered to 3 you would get rid of many of those great games

DrinkCoffe

11-17-2012

OK another classic riot fail at 25 min game i just left score was 10 - 23 we 0 turrets down they had 4 we had a lux who bought gank boots and was turretdiving thinking he could out run the 5 guys under it she came in with a buddy and would only help his friend now 3 of us wanted to surrender but hey! we cant so should i just sit there for the next 20 min? if i leave i get a penalty? how is that fair?

DrinkCoffe

11-17-2012

[QUOTE=Mageinta Warrior;31531990]NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Seriously. Just because you think it's over, it doesn't mean it's over. Play it out, because you can win if you work as a team and you have the skills. Would you surrender a 4v5 when you've been aced? I wouldn't. [/QUO

Ok so you think i should slowly lose a game intead of quiting the chance to wn a game if you even have 1 guy feeding goes down to about 1% the fact is gold is to op in this game thats why the pros fight over the dragon every time it spawns because whoever gets more gold wins its not a hard concept

DrinkCoffe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCrunch View Post
You obviously don't know that teams can throw. Or who are hyper-carries.
You obviously have the time and patience to sit for 45 min and lose

NoneLikeRob

11-17-2012

Lets see if we can get this nerd 100 downvotes.

KnightxSScarlett

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkCoffe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Seriously. Just because you think it's over, it doesn't mean it's over. Play it out, because you can win if you work as a team and you have the skills. Would you surrender a 4v5 when you've been aced? I wouldn't.
Ok so you think i should slowly lose a game intead of quiting the chance to wn a game if you even have 1 guy feeding goes down to about 1% the fact is gold is to op in this game thats why the pros fight over the dragon every time it spawns because whoever gets more gold wins its not a hard concept
Yes. Yes I do. Because I believe that no game is ever truly lost. Games just become more difficult to win. I'm willing to put forth the effort to try to win instead of just hanging my head for the noose.

See, people like you are the reason "Elo Hell" exists. You quit winnable games. You get demoralized and play your next few games worse, and the cycle continues. Never say, "We have lost", say only, "We can win if we work together". I think you'll find you win more games if you believe you can win.

weizhong5

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Yes. Yes I do. Because I believe that no game is ever truly lost. Games just become more difficult to win. I'm willing to put forth the effort to try to win instead of just hanging my head for the noose.

See, people like you are the reason "Elo Hell" exists. You quit winnable games. You get demoralized and play your next few games worse, and the cycle continues. Never say, "We have lost", say only, "We can win if we work together". I think you'll find you win more games if you believe you can win.
There is a time and place for surrendering, I believe, but in general, it should be a very last resort. Epic saves happen pretty frequently, and it's possible to turn the tide of a game with a well-played move (nicely timed baron steals, taking advantage of cockiness/overextending, etc) that can completely turn the tide of "unwinnable" games.

I think that surrendering is only an option in cases where people disconnect and/or there is a clear difference in overall team skill