Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

talentednot

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I never had an argument. I'm pretty sure. Considering I agree with your overall point.

But the fact that you ignore what my posts say just shows that you don't know that and you think that I disagree with your points on this subject.
I read all the posts I respond to. The entire post.

I enjoy discussion and will gladly welcome it if the opposing party actually reads and respond accordingly.

I think I disagreed with you on what feminism means. Which isn't an argument. There is one thing it means. But you just rejected that completely.
Dont you have a liberal studies class to attend? Im sure mom and dad dont appreciate you skipping class to take a chance and rebel against a society that has made more progression in equality in the last 30 years than the last 300. Save me some jager.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Well Hungarian

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post

please tell me how this encourages women to play the way it encourages men to
if you dont think riot should make more female-friendly champions to encourage them to play and spend money on the game
why do you think they should keep making ones for males
Most women are not discouraged to play this game because of how the female champions appear. In fact, of the women who have posted in this thread all of them enjoy the female artwork.

They keep making champions directed towards males because that is what makes them money.

If you can make a cup of orange juice and a cup of apple juice for the same price...but sell the apple juice more frequently in higher volumes...which one would you make?

I am really starting to think there is no way to discuss anything with you. You just keep trying to pound that square peg into a round hole. If you really want to see things change, go start a female gaming community...contact Riot directly...do something other than repeating the same thing over and over.

You are the minority when it comes to this topic. It is not because you are a female. It is because of your point of view...your opinion. As such, it is up to you to make valid points that people can understand and relate with in a manner that will make them question things. Do this and you might get somewhere. Thanks for the conversation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Could it be that the character Caitlyn just didn't want to wear a uniform?

Jeez is that enough?

Can she be a plain clothes cop? Could she be off duty?

Why are the winter champs wearing arctic gear? (Nunu must be dying) Its not Winter in SR most of the time, could it be they just want to?

Could it be that she just didn't WANT TO? Is that ok? Is that alright with you?

Side note: Cait is my favorite adc and Arctic warfare cait is my fav skin for her
oh ok
i think you're a little upset
i shall disengage

go have some tea or something you'll feel better


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
Dont you have a liberal studies class to attend? Im sure mom and dad dont appreciate you skipping class to take a chance and rebel against a society that has made more progression in equality in the last 30 years than the last 300. Save me some jager.
It's Saturday actually and I pay for my own schooling (assuming thats what the parent comment was about).

Sorry what was the point of this post exactly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
but all feminists are misandrist nazis amirite?

also are you literally just downvoting every post i make?


women are gamers too
but league continues to cater to young males
we have 1 true monster compared to your 15 or so
we have no overweight champions compared to your gragas and urgot
no buff champions compared to the majority of your male champsions
no old champions compared to zilean and possibly swain
and no ugly (im talking trundle ugly) champions

a majority of the male human champs aren't attractive to females or have their faces obscured anyways
whereas only kayle has her face obscured and arguably all of the female humans are attractive to males

please tell me how this encourages women to play the way it encourages men to
if you dont think riot should make more female-friendly champions to encourage them to play and spend money on the game
why do you think they should keep making ones for males

like ive said before
theres no need to stop production on boobies
just dont make it a tittiefactory
Except most women seem to not only be neutral, but AGAINST what you're repeating over and over again.

No, they won't make the game to cater to you and maybe 2 others, deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
I seriously don't care about all the boobs, it makes most guys happy so good for them.

I just wish it was fair. We have almost nothing, Varus is basically shirtless, but he is covered by corruption everywhere else.

Ruthless Pantheon is the only thing we have... compared to almost every single female champ. Pleease Riot... release some better looking males, make it fair!
And this is the right way to go, don't **** on someone else's fun, look for your own.

As I said in the very first post here, men don't give a **** if they add more (like EVERY single male character in the game) unrealistic male body types to the game. You want equality, learn from them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Well Hungarian

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
Dont you have a liberal studies class to attend? Im sure mom and dad dont appreciate you skipping class to take a chance and rebel against a society that has made more progression in equality in the last 30 years than the last 300. Save me some jager.
I lol'd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I never had an argument. I'm pretty sure. Considering I agree with your overall point.

But the fact that you ignore what my posts say just shows that you don't know that and you think that I disagree with your points on this subject.
I read all the posts I respond to. The entire post.

I enjoy discussion and will gladly welcome it if the opposing party actually reads and respond accordingly.

I think I disagreed with you on what feminism means. Which isn't an argument. There is one thing it means. But you just rejected that completely.
Here's a secret: I read every post I responded to (to avoid being condemned from ignorance)

I just said I didn't to imply that it was either uninformed, not worth reading, or just plain Silly

I'm a really REALLY nice guy and I've been debating all my life about so many different things that my resolves often seem concrete which means I'm often a good opponent

So if I gave you a challenge then I'm glad, we both stood our ground

I apologize if I I made you uncomfortable in anyway but I won't back down until I'm given understanding why I should


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

talentednot

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
It's Saturday actually and I pay for my own schooling (assuming thats what the parent comment was about).

Sorry what was the point of this post exactly?
You're a college student with little to no real world experience, you join in an argument without making a decisive point, but please, keep enlightening us with your profound experience of inequality.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantash View Post
Over sexualized males in LoL:

Taric
Xin Zhao
Gangplank
Twisted Fate
Singed (Crazy mad scientists can be sexy)
Ryze
Sion for his muscles
Dr mundo for his muscles
Master YI
Olaf
Tryndamere
Vladimir
Pantheon
Gragas (teddy bear kinda sexy)
Mordekaiser (for strength)
Ezreal
udyr
Shen
Malzahar
Garen
Swain (Old sexy mysterious guy)
Jarvan
Lee Sin
Talon
Graves
Viktor (technology is sexy)
Varus
Darius
Draven
Jayce
Zed
31

Over Sexualized Women:
Janna
Evelynn
Sivir
Soraka
Morgana
ashe
Miss Fortune
Sona
Nidalee
Katarina
Lux
Akali
Riven
Leblanc
Irelia
Caitlyn
Cass
Leona
Vayne
Shyvanna
Ahri
Sejuani
Fiora
Zyra
Syndra
Elise
Dianna
27

Are we even now?
the Womens are sexy the males are sexy can we all hug and then kill each other over and over in matches. PLEAAAAASEEEEEE!!!
topless men =/= oversexualization
this is a sexual pose for a man: http://japho.com/wp-content/uploads/...ale-Model1.jpg
do you see any of those in the male champ splash art
this is the equivalent of sexualized armor: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qfCvUR4RKd...00/Mankini.jpg
half of those males have their faces obscured (while one of the females do)
the other half of the males look like someone took a chainsaw to the rest of their face(but all the females are dollfaced with perfect skin)
now im just assuming youre male and everyone has their opinions and ill leave your list of sexy females be
but coming from a womans standpoint i'll take your list of "sexy males" and show you which ones i actually find sexy (also muscles =/= sexy. characters like mundo are NOT oversexualized)

Xin Zhao
Twisted Fate
Tryndamere
Vladimir (new splash)
Malzahar
Jarvan
Talon
Graves
Varus

now this list is my opinion and other women might differ (but the list of females will probably remain roughly the same no matter what man you ask)

thats nine


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
likewise
riot is catering to perverts because apparently they cant sell a champion to male gamers unless it has exposed cleavage
im sorry but is pointing that out sexist of me?
if its designed to catch the eye of a male gamer
im the pervert for noticing it too?

in a fantasy game where magic and dragons exist
its okay to have women tromping around in next to nothing
but god forbid they put an old fat woman in there
is that too real for you?
is that some hard cold truth you dont want to see in your game?

this wouldnt be a problem if the male champions were just as sexualized (ie, were not given ample monster champions, some fat/old/ugly champions either)
but they only represent the women as sexual fantasies
which makes it sexist
I seriously doubt that the artists sit down and think, ok.. how can I catch the attention of some pervert to make them buy this champion?
No.. they are thinking, I'm going to draw a really badass chic that is cool, and being attractive is a trait that strongly falls in line with this for both men and women.
They accentuate the gender based traits that all champions have in this game, it isn't just the women.

Both men AND WOMEN prefer aesthetically pleasing models, this is a fact of life.. Even babies that are less then a month old will spend more time looking at someone that is attractive (male or female) then someone that is not.

You aren't perverted for noticing it, you are perverted for focusing entirely on it and nothing else.

They could put an old fat women in there if they wanted to but they won't because no one would buy it. You don't see any men asking for a skinny nerdy looking champion with thick glasses for the same reasons.

Old women are thought of as kind and gentle, not conductive to a battlefield or making them look badass. Fat people are thought of as lazy, slow, and weak... Gragas is a rare exception since he's a raging drunk, and urgot is an aberration so it doesn't quite apply to him.

What exactly do you think of when you think of a deadly woman?