Season 3 Items in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

11-17-2012

I think Warmogs is still too strong for Dominion.

Too much health. It's a perfect bruiser item.

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

Resistances are usually better. Then again, they're rebalancing all those items anyway.

The item no longer "Stacks up explosively", ruining it being balanced by its charge-up time. So either it's balanced, or not. I don't think there's any intrinsic problem with it any longer.

Mindllapse

11-17-2012

how about an item for tanky supports that has an activation "interrupts all enemy champions in an AoE area radius who are currently channel-capturing a point, and silences them for 3 seconds" with like a 2 minute cooldown

would promote a lot of bait-play and punish people with the silence who are trying to cap or interrupt your team from capping

MMKH

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I think Warmogs is still too strong for Dominion.

Too much health. It's a perfect bruiser item.
They are removing the scaling part of it (kills/assists) so I think it should be fine. We already have BFT doing %HP damage to counter HP stacking. Kitae's is also getting cheaper I think.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Resistances are usually better. Then again, they're rebalancing all those items anyway.

The item no longer "Stacks up explosively", ruining it being balanced by its charge-up time. So either it's balanced, or not. I don't think there's any intrinsic problem with it any longer.

The problem wit "asequible" health in MMos is that flat Health as a whole is an Op stat because the game is about health as redundant as it seems that's because it effectively multiplies the effectiveness of all of the other stats NO matter what even if it was +1000 Health and then have a pretty negative counterwieght like [k]this item is heavy[/k] (-40movement speed), it would remain Op because of the massive amount of health.

HaIfhearted

11-18-2012

Yeah, what I'm afraid of is Jax/Olaf with Warmogs running around with their ultimates bringing them up to 150-200ish armor/MR and ripping everything to shreds.

Orphane

11-18-2012

I mean, Jax already hits 3k health with 9/21, Triforce, and a Prospector's. Does he really need 4k? Is there really a need for Warmog's that isn't going to push some tanks and bruisers into outright silliness?

Tempestphile

11-19-2012

At a lower elo, once a while you see a shaco backdooring, it might work, it might not, but its very very effective early game, due to his stealth and boxes to allow him for escape, and keeping his boots of mobility at max speed.

I propose 2 changes, one is please do not make oracle elixir 400 gold, its plain stupid.

two is turret should cause champs to be in combat even when they are alone capping it. This will slow backdoor down for 5sec (boot of mobility cooldown) when they escape and makes it less frustrating

Redenbacher

11-19-2012

I too, disagree with Warmog's coming over to Dominion despite it's changes.

Dominion and TT face similar issues in different structures. Having a boatload of health in SR isn't so bad, because you can screw up and have 5 enemies focusing you in to dust.

Dominion and TT are smaller skirmishes, mostly, rather than big 5v5 battles. It's much harder to take down a bigger target with less people around to do so.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-19-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

By the way, I'm going to leave Eleisa's Miracle in for now (even if it's theorycrafted to be a trap on Dominion). If it's truly detrimental after thorough live testing, we'll take it out.