@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethal Harmony

11-17-2012

Not sure why the original poster is *****ing for... There is -so- much fish and -so- much extra that if you're looking at her boobs than you're desperately just looking for something to complain about. She's neat, she embodies the myth of siren/mermaid beauty mixed with the true nature of the sea involving a very alien fishy/gilly look mixed in. Stop *****ing, if you don't like her than speak with your 'wallet' (influence or riot points) and don't purchase her, meanwhile the rest of us looking for a new awesome support will.

Apex Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
If this is your answer about Nami, I want to know what you think about Elise and most specifically her login screen with bouncing breasts. Why were excessive breasts necessary? Why couldn't we have seen a truly monstrous female spider sorta like a female Kog or Cho instead?

When they come out with a female monstrous champion like Kog'maw or Cho'gath, those that claim that there is a problem with over-sexualizing female champions will say that void monster female champion doesn't count because it's a monster.

The 0regon Trail

11-17-2012

I actually sang Iron Stylus' lyrics to the song as I read it. Knew what it was immediately and started singing, hahaha

Palasit

11-17-2012

Quote:
EDIT: 448 downvotes - I sure am popular! I don't want to take way your boobs, people, stop freaking out. I just want some other options.

EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.
It isn't so much the position as it is that people are making these threads literally every week, and they get the same exact response. I can see your point and yes you do have the right to petition and try to get something changed, however, the majority of the community either A) Likes how the characters are being displayed, or B) (My view) Just done care/notice. Do i think any different from kat or lulu, anivia or miss fortune, orianna or vayne? Not really. I just play to play and i admire the detail and artwork that goes into it. Riot does bend to the minority by giving you female champs that are more reserved, but the majority that will be released probably will have some attractive feature.

OP if you would like to debate this topic I would love to have a civil discussion with you. Add/Message me in-game if you would like!

EDIT: Got here before you postal ;D and that's mean </3 legos hurt

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiz Khalifa View Post
these threads make me want to quit the game, I dont want to be a part of a community with people who complain about irrelevant bull****

please get a life, stop laying LoL and stop making these retarded threads... you should get forum banned for lifetime
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and then stepped on a Lego.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-17-2012

OP has 460 downvotes...

And the thread isn't locked

parentheses

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palasit View Post
It isn't so much the position as it is that people are making these threads literally every week, and they get the same exact response. I can see your point and yes you do have the right to petition and try to get something changed, however, the majority of the community either A) Likes how the characters are being displayed, or B) (My view) Just done care/notice. Do i think any different from kat or lulu, anivia or miss fortune, orianna or vayne? Not really. I just play to play and i admire the detail and artwork that goes into it. Riot does bend to the minority by giving you female champs that are more reserved, but the majority that will be released probably will have some attractive feature.

OP if you would like to debate this topic I would love to have a civil discussion with you. Add/Message me in-game if you would like!

EDIT: Got here before you postal ;D and that's mean </3 legos hurt
I don't understand why I have to be the focus of such vitriol for making a thread like this one. If people keep making the same thread week in and week out, doesn't that mean that the issue is still an issue?

Yes, a huge part of the community likes trashy champs because they like breasts. I don't hate on breasts in general. I hate on sticking breasts on champs that don't need them and a lack of variety. Does League want to expand even further and welcome a wider variety of people? They're going to have to display a wider variety of champs that appeal to a variety of different people.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

11-17-2012
4 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.
You're rehired.

Palasit

11-17-2012

Quote:
I don't understand why I have to be the focus of such vitriol for making a thread like this one. If people keep making the same thread week in and week out, doesn't that mean that the issue is still an issue?

Yes, a huge part of the community likes ****ty champs because they like breasts. I don't hate on breasts in general. I hate on sticking breasts on champs that don't need them and a lack of variety. Does League want to expand even further and welcome a wider variety of people? They're going to have to display a wider variety of champs that appeal to a variety of different people.
Well, Mermaid/aqua type creatures normally are created with a sexual appeal in any game, so it makes sense for this champion.

And when you do the math for the week after week. 1 post per week, normally 500+down votes, 52 weeks a year. Based on that information, 52 people against "showy" champs, 2,600 for it or don't care. which is 2% to 98%

Poeta Somnium

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
You're rehired.
You've made the right decision.