Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZankouHoshizora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

While I can't speak for anyone other than myself, I think about champion design and discuss the issue because I think it does matter. Because the more that women are treated as purely objects of sexual desire, even those that exist only in imagination, the more we end up creating and/or tacitly supporting (even if only accidentally) people who think it's acceptable in the real world to treat real women as purely objects of sexual desire.

Misogynistic behavior does not magically happen - it is taught, and then it is reinforced by the culture we create.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspuun View Post
If every (human) male character had Varus' fashion sense, I'm pretty sure guys would be complaining about it.
That's the thing, they wouldn't give a ****.

Learn from them.
They do however give a **** when you simply want to make a hobby, and fun game, unfun.

Fat Mchugelarge

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
That's the thing, they wouldn't give a ****.

Learn from them.
Considering how Xenophobic people are towards the Japanese femboy style, people would complain.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

a) feminists are people (men and women) who believe women should be treated equally to men
they are not whiny *****es that hate boobs and ***

b) no ones complaining about the fact that the female human champs have boobs (except the ones that dont really need them other than to be sexualized)
like i dont care if nami has boobs
i care that they designed her frill and skin tone(s) to imply that she has human breasts (making it look like a "naked" skin tone, and making the frill look like a v-neck blouse revealing her cleavage) when the rest of her is clearly just a humanoid mermaid (humanoid =/= half-human)
i think they should have left her chest bare and green with lady lumps, but not imply she has something to hide (nips) like they did now
or go full hog and make all of her top half human..

c) feminists dont want them to stop making sexy champs
we like boobs too
we just want to see other body types and age groups AS WELL AS sexy champs
we just dont want to see the vast majority of female human champs be oversexualized while the male champs get all sorts of good stuff and wait for bones to be thrown to us so the "scary feminazis" can go away.
(ohh but you get leona and riven and varus)
good! but thats what, a few examples compared to the dozens men get?

i dont care if you're "90%" of the players (which i also think is a damn lie)
i dont care if you fap to the champions (go to rule 34 for that)
everyone should agree that seeing sexy champ after sexy champ (whether or not their character calls for it) is boring, unoriginal, repetitive, and since they dont make just as many sexy males, its sexist.

Gunxlinger

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLux View Post
Look at Olaf... Now look at Ezreal. You have 2 completelly different male characters. Now look at Jax, Yi, Garen, Xin, Viktor...

Now try to find the difference between our female characters. We have semi sexy monsters (Cassio, Nami, Elise, Zyra) and sexy humans (everyone else). The only char that i find different is Diana and Anivia..
Every ****ing woman in this game super sexy. We don't have a Gragas type, or a Shehulk, or a Karthus (an undead female necromancer). Even the most "powerfull" ladys here are sexy (Riven, Shyvana).

What's wrong with a non-oversexualyzed woman?
It'll be karma all over again. No one plays the champ cause she's ugly. People play ugly male champions cause males are usually seen by their abilities and not their appearance.
Female appearance holds much more importance since females put a lot into their appearance.
This can be seen in real life as well. Rich important guys get all the female attention no matter how ugly they are whereas good looking girls get extra attention points for their appearance.

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
This.

It's not that we have a problem with overly sexualized women champions - it's that that's pretty much the only thing we have.
Riven, Kayle, Irelia, Vayne, Lux

Tspuun

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
It'll be karma all over again. No one plays the champ cause she's ugly. People play ugly male champions cause males are usually seen by their abilities and not their appearance.
Female appearance holds much more importance since females put a lot into their appearance.
This can be seen in real life as well. Rich important guys get all the female attention no matter how ugly they are whereas good looking girls get extra attention points for their appearance.
No one plays Karma because her mechanics are awkward. I play her sometimes and I constantly feel like I am fighting her mantra charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Riven, Kayle, Irelia, Vayne, Lux
Irelia's cool, but her armor leaves her chest bare, which while it doesn't quite undermine it like Darkflame Shyvanna's boob diamond, is still an example of obligatory sexy.

You could also probably make an argument for Vayne's skintight bodysuit being dumb, but I'm not going to.

But that's five out of how many (adult, human from the waist up) champions?

evelastina

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZankouHoshizora View Post
While I can't speak for anyone other than myself, I think about champion design and discuss the issue because I think it does matter. Because the more that women are treated as purely objects of sexual desire, even those that exist only in imagination, the more we end up creating and/or tacitly supporting (even if only accidentally) people who think it's acceptable in the real world to treat real women as purely objects of sexual desire.

Misogynistic behavior does not magically happen - it is taught, and then it is reinforced by the culture we create.
wow people downvote the truth
you might not notice it happening but games that oversexualize women do negatively affect how women are treated irl
think of cons
how many women go there dressed up as their favorite character and are treated like they either arent real fans (because girls dont play video games right?) or that they're solely there to please the male fans (hey whats your cup size, wanna go back to my place?)
women have actually been asked those at cons

BeastBox

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Its fantasy and for ****s sake let the artists who design the champs realize their fantasies
IronStylus said the artist who designed Nami's look is a woman. Just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
women have actually been asked those at cons
I don't think the "actually" is necessary; we all know how the average male gamer treats women.

http://beautilation.tumblr.com/post/33538802648

TheDancingDead

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLux View Post
Look at Olaf... Now look at Ezreal. You have 2 completelly different male characters. Now look at Jax, Yi, Garen, Xin, Viktor...

Now try to find the difference between our female characters. We have semi sexy monsters (Cassio, Nami, Elise, Zyra) and sexy humans (everyone else). The only char that i find different is Diana and Anivia..
Every ****ing woman in this game super sexy. We don't have a Gragas type, or a Shehulk, or a Karthus (an undead female necromancer). Even the most "powerfull" ladys here are sexy (Riven, Shyvana).

What's wrong with a non-oversexualyzed woman?
Lulu turns you on? Can't find anything sexual about Lulu...

Seriously, lets just model a female character after Kirstie Alley. Is that what people want, really?

Maybe a female version of Gragas?