@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aevynne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

As a female, I don't give a FLIPPINBLIPPITYBLOPBLOOP if a champion has her boobs out. Why does this bother everyone?! Mermaids/sirens normally don't have anything covering their boobs, would you have rather had that? And as for Elise - spiders could be considered seductive, as in nature they are meant to look appealing - just look at the black window. It's a beautiful creature. I don't understand why there's an 80 page thread about this...There are plenty of champions that aren't sexualized. Stop trying to find stuff to be mad about!

BrightnShiny

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuuro View Post
here OP ill help you.
heres a picture of the next riot champion that wont be oversexualized
its not that she has big boobs shes just on the heavy side
its not that shes revealing its that her clothes dont fit her
ur happy with this right?
http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/DHBen/media/70708-fat_gamer_girl-1.jpg.html?filters[term]=fat%20girl&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=0
Your link sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevynne View Post
As a female, I don't give a FLIPPINBLIPPITYBLOPBLOOP if a champion has her boobs out. Why does this bother everyone?! Mermaids/sirens normally don't have anything covering their boobs, would you have rather had that? And as for Elise - spiders could be considered seductive, as in nature they are meant to look appealing - just look at the black window. It's a beautiful creature. I don't understand why there's an 80 page thread about this...There are plenty of champions that aren't sexualized. Stop trying to find stuff to be mad about!
Listen to Bill Cosby you dumbass white knights!

The artist wanted her to look like this, because she thought it was the best and I find it LOVELY.

Kuuuro

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxrammus View Post
Your link sucks.
i know i made a new link

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTHeroofTime View Post
I kinda get the feeling sometimes that Ironstylus is just laughing to himself while he makes all those posts about diversity and body types that match the character, etc. OP makes excellent points about Elise and Nami.

I particularly had a moment of disappointment when they released the art preview. I didn't notice at first, but if yiu look at her, she's got a crazy 'brokeback' pose going on. Even though she's balancing on a weird fish tail, she manages to get that awkward pose. I urge you to try and emulate her body position, butt up, chest forward, head back, and scepter raised up high and you tell me if you're ready to walk around, let alone join the fight.

Saddest part is how long it took to notice this, because with the frequency of characters like this, you experience a desensitization to the blatant oversexualization.
You can't emulate her body position. She's a fish.

Actually, there are a number of Ariel poses that I've seen that bug me because her tail looks too much like a leg; a mermaid's tail is not supposed to look like a leg or act like a leg, it's supposed to have a lot more flexibility. The same would make sense for the spine, especially on a figure like Nami, who has the fish parts running all the way up to her torso. It may look Liefeldesque, but it's actually well-considered here; it gives her a more animal appearance.

And to you and the OP: they made the post about body types two months ago. It probably takes two months to get a champion approved for design, let alone finalized, colored, rendered, tested, balanced, skinned, voiced, buffed, rerendered, balanced again, edited, retested, fixed, balanced once more, uploaded, tested, tested, tested, balanced, previewed, beta'd, released, nerfed, and buffed.

Seriously, we knew Nami was coming from before Lulu was released.

You have brains, people, use them.

RazorWarrior

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
You can't emulate her body position. She's a fish.
Shes only half-fish fool! Get cracking!

Hakarl

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
love you ironstylus!

FailTsukkomi

11-17-2012

Nami's adorably huggable.

**** you haters.

Rotbeard

11-17-2012

Wow. That was glorious.

General Farsight

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
And to you and the OP: they made the post about body types two months ago. It probably takes two months to get a champion approved for design, let alone finalized, colored, rendered, tested, balanced, skinned, voiced, buffed, rerendered, balanced again, edited, retested, fixed, balanced once more, uploaded, tested, tested, tested, balanced, previewed, beta'd, released, nerfed, and buffed.

Seriously, we knew Nami was coming from before Lulu was released.

You have brains, people, use them.
This. IronStylus did state back on that thread that the next few releases wouldn't be affected by this discussion because they were already close to being released. He can't simply go and say "Don't release this champion yet, GD will complain because she has a cleavage, let me redesign her first." Sadly, people decided to ignore his post when he said this. GD has no knowledge of how long it takes to create a champion, yet they want everything to be done for them yesterday...

Epicn00b

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
That needs to be her judgement. THAT IS HER JUDGEMENT. (or, at least, part of her background/story/lore)

On the side note.......If they were to give her boobs, then the lore would have to state that she was once a human. Cuz, you know, a mermaid is a....fish? Yeah, a fish! And fish don't have boobs, because fish are not mammals!