@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todas View Post
She is a support, so I guess the armor isn't really needed?

Anyways, again, you're really making a mountain out of a relatively small issue. Things were said, a champ who was being designed at the time conflicted with things said, rather than scrap the design they released as-is, why can't that just be it?
Well, take a moment to imagine yourself in that situation. What would your attitude be?

You agree with the community there is a pattern of problems with champs. You see a problem with a specific champs design but you're forced to push ahead with release, then predictably there is some unrest related to the problem.

You might feel defensive, which might manifest as anger. You might feel unhappy or be apologetic. Right? But would you post claiming you see no problems with the champs design and then make fun of the people who do? That's just not believable. It doesn't make any sense to respond with humor and derision in that scenario.

The conclusion that IronStylus doesn't actually take this as seriously as he initially claimed seems far more likely to me. You see my thought process here?

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
I'm going to link you to my other thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2807474

When you have a chestplate that is meant to protect you from incoming attacks, and you cut a large hole in the center of it just to show cleavage, that's a boob-window, and that's what IS referred to as lazy design.

What we have with Nami is a design meant to reflect high-fashion dresses with, again, a deep-V cut and frills. If you check the links in my other thread, you'll see examples of dresses like these, and why it fits as a stylistic choice that matches the concept.

If, after all of this, you can't grasp the difference, then I pity you.

Oh, and I recognize that you're probably only acting this dense because you're trolling on a Lv10 smurf account rather than putting your own reputation on the line, but that's okay. I forgive you.

To be fair, going out in public wearing something that shows THAT much off (It's down to their bellybuttons...) would provoke more than a few second glances / exclamations of indecency.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
To be fair, going out in public wearing something that shows THAT much off (It's down to their bellybuttons...) would provoke more than a few second glances / exclamations of indecency.
Aye, but it's red carpet apparel. And, as I touch on in that post, that fits well with the meaning of "regal" which is one of the words Morello used to describe Nami.

DarkOrchid

11-17-2012

Well not be mean to females, but say a flat chested adult female doesn't portray well in this game. Since the particles and design is small.

Imagine say a flat chested Sona. She would get called a man in game.

AxeRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
After all of the comments you have made about giving us more female body types, you release two female champions one after another with huge cleavage on display.

Why did Elise need huge breasts that literally HEAVE up and down in her login screen? She is a spider - the perfect opportunity for you guys to make a truly monstrous female champion.

I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe the next female champ will be better."

I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.

I remember after Elise came out people were disappointed about her character design and you replied to a forum thread saying that you would address our concerns.

They weren't address and now we have Nami. I probably won't even buy her although I main support. I just can't support Riot saying one thing and then doing another as far as female champ design anymore.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots for those that are wondering what I'm talking about because Nami is "omg lol a fish so how could she have boobs."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z8dPIbhN9Hc/UKXSFC0ySUI/AAAAAAAAKAw/I3H0ZR_0VvY/s1600/mermmy.png

Also, check out the video of Nami in action next to Kat - Kat seems like she'd be a much more sexualized character but Nami's breasts are much more prominently on display and more obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CfHApTyBM

EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.
i mean it isn't like elise need to convince people to join her cult so she can feed them to a spider god. If elise has good looks that will allow her to much more easily manipulate males into diner for her god.

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Aye, but it's red carpet apparel. And, as I touch on in that post, that fits well with the meaning of "regal" which is one of the words Morello used to describe Nami.
The Queen is naked whenever she takes a bath! What could be more regal than the queen?!

NAKED PARTY!

(But anyways, the idea of something being okay to wear on the red carpet for women which would be decried in a less televised setting is just another point in the favour of the media trying to centralize an oversexualized image of women.

Not that I disagree with the idea that it is formal dress, just that there's still a problem here :P)

Mitsuki

11-17-2012

Nami's boobs aren't even big! Seriously. -.-

AxeRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
i likes your adaption

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrchid View Post
Well not be mean to females, but say a flat chested adult female doesn't portray well in this game. Since the particles and design is small.

Imagine say a flat chested Sona. She would get called a man in game.
Because so many men have female voices, pigtails, and wear dresses :P

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
(But anyways, the idea of something being okay to wear on the red carpet for women which would be decried in a less televised setting is just another point in the favour of the media trying to centralize an oversexualized image of women.
Astute.