I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetramaster

11-17-2012

Ah man...PBE is full as heck, can't test some off-the-wall junglers like Karthus.

If any of you fine folks could test it out, I'd definitely like to know if it's good/bad/amazing compared to s2.

Minishmaster

11-17-2012

How significant was the early game buff to Elixer of Fortitude? Will we see it used in the jungle again?

XuWarrior

11-17-2012

so Lee is trash tier now in new jungle ?

Jordian

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post
so Lee is trash tier now in new jungle ?
Lee will never be trash tier if anything he got lowered to tier 2 at the most! He will still be chosen a lot and I doubt he is as bad as we all think.

KevinDelMarr

11-17-2012

If anyone is curious ( I know I'm not Stonewall008), I ran a Kha'zix Jungle myself, 21/9/0 masteries, AD Quints, Armor Pen Reds, then Armor Yellows and Blues, starting machete (lvls were W,Q,W,E). I did have a little help from a Zed for wolves and Blue (Few AA's on wolves and Q, single Q on Blue). Also I disregarded golems for this run. I had about 60% hp left at about 3:58, and that's with using only 3 health potions. First clear looks to be a little slow with what I had, but more gold should help out a bit for him in the long run. I feel confident in his abilities, and more tweaking can be done for sure, looks to be better than Season 2 from what I can judge

Edit: A little about my reasoning and background. This was based off a single blind run, just what I thought would be best for a squishy AD Caster Assassin. I have run him safely and (I guess quickly) without leash, but I didn't get exact stats (I used all 5 hp pots here for decent health as I remember, but leash will help). I picked the armor yellow and blue because I was afraid he would be too squishy, so I wanted to be safe in the Bot match i ran it in. The armor pen reds was so I could maximize his late and early game damage against Champions and such (I think that's how it works), but AD there might help him in his ratios for the first clear. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in synergy between Champion, Runes, and Jungle, but if you can make this build better, then Kha'zix will naturally only get better

ihave2cows

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
If anyone is curious ( I know I'm not Stonewall008), I ran a Kha'zix Jungle myself, 21/9/0 masteries, AD Quints, Armor Pen Reds, then Armor Yellows and Blues, starting machete. I did have a little help from a Zed for wolves and Blue (Few AA's on wolves and Q, single Q on Blue). Also I disregarded golems for this run. I had about 60% hp left at about 3:58, and that's with using only 3 health potions. First clear looks to be a little slow with what I had, but more gold should help out a bit for him in the long run. I feel very confident in his abilities, and more tweaking can be done for sure
AD quints will probably be mandatory then, because when I tried it with MS quints and the same masteries I barely survived the first clear with khazix. I did do golems so that may be the cause, but Kha'zix has really high single target damage so I dont know.

Edzter

11-17-2012

so hows nocturne?

Nazzadan

11-17-2012

Stone, I've been spamming Darius jungle for 15 games now since I did a little theorycrafting of my own and figured he would be a monster in season 3 jungle, I'm happy to hear you agree that he is good.
Out of the past 15, 13 were wins, 1 loss and 1 loss forgiven, whatever it was a loss regardless.
Now I have been playing with cloth 5 and boots 3 start. Cloth 5 is much safer and I can nab double buff very easily. Boots is riskier but I can move in on a lane much faster and can usually not blow flash to apprehend and successfully get a kill on a lane.
So my question is, what is the start you are doing to Darius jungle? Is his Q enough to kill the small minions and focus on the large member of the camp whilst still making Q a worthwhile level 1 spell?
Edit: Added some scores just to show it does yield results, just normals so I was just dunking on random baddies but even in games with relatively skilled opponents the ganks are just lethal.
Darius is probably better suited top than the jungle, but if hes a very strong jungle that opens an opportunity for another good top.

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
If anyone is curious ( I know I'm not Stonewall008), I ran a Kha'zix Jungle myself, 21/9/0 masteries, AD Quints, Armor Pen Reds, then Armor Yellows and Blues, starting machete (lvls were W,Q,W,E). I did have a little help from a Zed for wolves and Blue (Few AA's on wolves and Q, single Q on Blue). Also I disregarded golems for this run. I had about 60% hp left at about 3:58, and that's with using only 3 health potions. First clear looks to be a little slow with what I had, but more gold should help out a bit for him in the long run. I feel confident in his abilities, and more tweaking can be done for sure, looks to be better than Season 2 from what I can judge
(little known secret for the sake of efficiency: You can get the same value of armor pen quints with less than all your Marks. Meaning that you get more AD and the same Armor pen from Armor pen reds, AD reds and AD quints than armor pen Quits and AD reds. Go ahead, try it.)

EDIT:

IM AN IDIOT I DIDNT READ YOUR STUFF RIGHT BECAUSE IM THICK IN THE HEAD durr hurr hurr youmu dun goofed

Eat Orange Be K

11-17-2012

Quote:
Junglers seem to have more of a consistent Jungle time, somewhere between 3:50 and 4:00 minutes for the first 4 levels, which I like. it will be nice to know that the 4:20-4:30 mark (20-30 seconds to move from last camp to lane position) is when to expect a gank.
The irony being that this is the exact reason S1 -> S2 changes happened in the first place. Welcome back to it.