Thoughts on Blackfire Torch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

First my credentials.

I've played over 1000 games of Dominion and when we could track rating I had about 2050 when Jabebot was around and 1950 when lolmatches finally stopped recording them. I play Dominion almost exclusively when I play solo and I try and convince my friends to play Dominion. I just wanted to throw that out there so people realize I'm not speaking without some experience since I don't post on these boards all that much.

I'm really enjoying the Blackfire torch. It breaths new life into characters like fizz, teemo, brand. There seems to be a lot of complaining about this item but I think it's a little over the top. It certainly shakes up the meta, and I think that is what people are reacting to more then anything else, but personally I am OK with that.

I wanted to check this item out for myself. I've been playing one of my mains (Fizz) and I recently bought Teemo. Blackfire torch doesn't make AP casters overpowered. You will not see a team of 4-5 AP casters with this item and win. You could have a full team of bruisers, say Jax, Jayce, Darius, Pantheon. I bet on a team like that more then a full team of AP any day. Bruisers were king and although the playing field seems a little more level now, I still think a bruiser character still holds the edge.

That being said I think that it is too powerful on tanky characters. Personally I think the dot should scale with AP, which has been mentioned in other threads.I know there are nerfs incoming for the BFT when S3 comes (as well as other items) and I am hopeful that the riot team will do good by dominion.

SuperQuackDuck

11-16-2012

did you just say "breathe new life into teemo"?

REALLY?

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I very rarely saw Teemo ever played in Dominion, and never as AP when he was. It was AD or hybrid. AP teemo simply wasn't played. Maybe your expiriences differ.

Orphane

11-16-2012

Did you really have to make ANOTHER THREAD about blackfire torch? We have like 5 of them on the front page.

Volandum

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktitan View Post
You will not see a team of 4-5 AP casters with this item and win.
Done that plenty of times, lost to such teams plenty too.

HaIfhearted

11-16-2012

As you might know, Hawk, metas change.

Teemo wasn't very common before, but people caught on to how powerful he is when played AP, and nowadays Teemo is one of Dominions top OPs.

Even before Torch he was OP.
BFT just pushed him into the deep end.

bozh

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktitan View Post
I very rarely saw Teemo ever played in Dominion, and never as AP when he was. It was AD or hybrid. AP teemo simply wasn't played. Maybe your expiriences differ.
We must be playing different games then, cause according to lolking Teemo is the most played hero on Dominion

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&range=monthly

ElevenOfClubs

11-16-2012

I like BFT. A lot.

But I do think that it's abusive on champions with DoTs, and so that needs to be fixed.

I'd propose make it tick once per ability and not once per magic damage tick if that didn't completely fail to address the Teemo issue.

Demonite10

11-16-2012

For those pining for a BFT nerf, please know that the BFT WILL BE NERFED in the NEXT PATCH. Playing on the PBE right now, and BFT is not a soul-destroying insta-win item(not that it was before anyway). Side note, the SR and proving grounds equivalent also doesn't feel particularly powerful.

Specifically, I'm talking about the passive that burns for %hp. Just finished an Anivia game in Dom with BFT, lategame it was ticking for 23 damage on Jayce...not a whole lot at all.

Catnium

11-16-2012

i think the item is fine .. than again i always buy atleast some mr
the dot is meh its not an awful lot of damage over time
i think the spell pen is fine after all ppl can have the spell pen just by buying Haunting Guise and most ppl do this anyways

also as far as i could see you can only have one dot effect on you at a time so lets say 3 ppl are attacking you with this item.
It would result in 2 ppl actually losing damage and thus the gold they spend on the item will not be 100% efficient in this situation.
So i donno mates but the hole 5 caster team will pwn you is nothing more than fear of new things causing ppl to freak out