Season 3 Items in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hinderlopen

11-16-2012

I'm going to be using SOTD on ad carries, so i'll feel like i actually do damage during midgame for once. I don't think it'll be op on bruisers because they already do tons of damage with their skills alone and they really should be buying other items (e.g.: pantheon is going to kill you whether his regular attacks crit or not).

So RiotNome, why won't ohmwrecker be carried over? Cause I could see the active being useful for redirecting turret fire off squishy teammates that either went in too early or happened to be in range when the tank walks off point to chase someone. It seems like it would very helpful when diving towers.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
I'm going to be using SOTD on ad carries, so i'll feel like i actually do damage during midgame for once. I don't think it'll be op on bruisers because they already do tons of damage with their skills alone and they really should be buying other items (e.g.: pantheon is going to kill you whether his regular attacks crit or not).

So RiotNome, why won't ohmwrecker be carried over? Cause I could see the active being useful for redirecting turret fire off squishy teammates that either went in too early or happened to be in range when the tank walks off point to chase someone. It seems like it would very helpful when diving towers.
This is why!

Arance

11-16-2012

Glad to see most will make it over. SotD is a tad worrying though. The fact that it gives nothing at all while on cooldown is a good counter-weight, but the 25 sec CD might be a bit too low for Dom. On SR, 25 seconds after you activate it you'll either be dead or have won, while on Dom the much more continuous fighting could push a low CD item like that over the top.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Frankly Ohmwrecker should be removed. Towers are already UP enough as it is without thjis item and that new mastery to make things work. Seriously just get some armor and the tower is literally removed as a threat.

Orphane

11-16-2012

We have Garrison for towerdives. We don't really need *more* tools for towerdiving, as fun as that would be.

Vsin

11-16-2012

Ohmwrecker would just be an extra offensive Garrison. And if you removed Garrison and threw it onto Ohmwrecker, then turrets could quickly become irrelevant.

I think I prefer the tactical choice of Garrison being a Summoner, not an Item.

Phourc

11-16-2012

Ohmwrecker looks fun, sad not not have it on this map xP Understandable, though.

I'm personally concerned about the icepuncher (Frozen Fist, AoE slowing sheen proc?) - That's a pure bruiser item, and I can already see Jaxes and Dariuses with 150% uptime slow puddles.

And thank god no homeguard boots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshackalak View Post
(I really do feel Teemo players have fun at other peoples expense)
Truer words never spoken xP

Submohr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post

I think Ohmwrecker wasn't designed explicitly for towerdives, but to break lategame sieges. It addresses a problem that dominion play doesn't have.

VoidInsanity

11-17-2012

Nourne even though the Spirit stone is excluded any chance of having alternate Spirit items added? Items such as Spirit of the Spectral Wraith would help casters in dominion alot, plus the +minion damage doesn't go amiss it you make it effect all minions, it would help bot laners with pushing for example. A dominion variant on them items would be nice.

Also any word on helping out HP/Energy champions on the map? They seem kinda screwed atm compared to mana users.

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

Nome.

Now that Warmog's doesn't have stacks, someone from the EUW community raised the point that it could be inserted into Dominion.

What do you think?

TBH, might be worthy of consideration on TT as well.