Season 3 Items in Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seajaydub

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wasn't aware they needed buffs.
ADC will likely get some boosts through new itemization. Overlord's Bloodmail may just be outright reworked at some point.
I'm with Scaz on this one. Sanguine is one of the worst items in the game and Bloodmail would be a weak choice on 5s and is an even weaker choice on 3s, since you only receive up to 400 health back effectively. No reason to ever get that over frozen mallet.

scazzaf

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
I'm with Scaz on this one. Sanguine is one of the worst items in the game and Bloodmail would be a weak choice on 5s and is an even weaker choice on 3s, since you only receive up to 400 health back effectively. No reason to ever get that over frozen mallet.
Not to mention that according to this, sanguine blade is actually being nerfed because of the vamp scepter changes, now there is no reason to build this at all.

EDIT: forgot attachment

Weenis Too

11-16-2012

Please put thornmail back. Removing thornmail you have dumbed down the game so far that the team with the most auto attackers wins. why should you reward auto attacking? thats so dumb the game is about team compositions and protection not rewarding hard carries already.

seajaydub

11-16-2012

Hard carries (other than ezreal with phage. **** you ezreal with phage) already have a relatively small impact on 3s. Wukong and Malphite exist. They will destroy your carry solo given the opportunity. Putting thornmail back in 3s would make ad carries never picked again.

Also I'm happy you Rioters still got Diamond after being trounced by our 3s team. I still love you though. No hard feelings.

PermaFriedRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
BFT is getting nerfed.

Blackfire Torch
-Reduced magic penetration from 20 to 15
-Decreased maximum charges from 25 to 18
-Decreased the duration of the burn effect from 3 to 2 seconds
-Increased the delay between charge gains from 1 to 1.5 seconds
-Increased the burn amount from 1.67% to 1.75% of max health per second
-Fixed a bug that caused the first tick of burn to not consume a charge

Sorry, those were internal names. We like to call things Soul Eater as a joke.

dude your actually nerfing an item specifacally because of interferce with one champ LOL i called this out before BFT was even released

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEnjoysexwithmen View Post
dude your actually nerfing an item specifacally because of interferce with one champ LOL i called this out before BFT was even released
Hmm? The item's just imbalanced.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Will LVDP still be an AD caster AD/CDR/SV item? Was very sad that we didn't get and AD spellvamp items in the season 3 item (ditto no new hybrid items but that's a different discussion) since i've been loving characters like Renekton again now that he had a proper item to buy.

slamor

11-16-2012

Will there be an item to help burn through super minions on the new TT? Once both inhibs fall, your locked into your base and there is no chance of coming back, even if you outperform the enemy team and can never get vilemaw or alters.

Eviant

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
It also doesn't stack well.
I can't build 5 Sanguine Blades and receive the same effect as I would with 5 Bloodthirsters.
Might not sound important, but I've always wanted to run 5 BTs on Riven in ARAMs, but it's impossible. Stacking Sanguines is not worth it, and there's no similar options.
This is something I don't understand, no matter what item it is. The stacking of items is rather focused, on just one stat, and it leaves all other stats extremely low. IE: 5 BT's=500 AD and 100% lifesteal. It also means, 1 stun and a quick focus and you are completely useless.

Second point, Sanguine blade doesn't punish the carry, as in three seconds in a fight is enough to stack it, completely. The item was intended to work with the faster gameplay of Dominion and TT, rather than the farming style of SR. This works to grant a carry massive boosts to damage, without taking 4 minutes to stack it to full. TT isn't SR, and the two styles were different even before the change, but are now even farther apart in difference of the playing styles.

Eviant

11-16-2012

The items I'd like to ask about are the reveals for stealthed Champs. There are two massive AoE reveal activatables which help to catch those stealthed champs, however, they make it nigh impossible for an Akali to make any headway in the match, because they cover her entire shroud. Is there a possible way to change this, and make it more viable? The fact that Lee Sin is already a hard counter to her makes things already difficult.