How to jungle with Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

11-15-2012

I just started playing Shaco again today after a loooooooong time, and he's fun, but I'm so bad with him in the jungle. I really have no clue where I should be starting, and what time and where I should be setting my boxes.

A lot of the youtube vids are outdated and I can't find a good one that's recent.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Samurai Dan

11-15-2012

I main shaco jungle. He is my favorite.
I start with boots plus pots.
I then set a box in the small river bush below blue. Then move onto blue. Set your boxes where blue spawns starting absolutely no earlier than 55sec on the game clock no later than 1:05. Set your last box no later than 1:45, this way by the time he spawns you can drop another box for him to target after your other boxes die.
From there you can move to gank or continue jungling.
I personally like to gank their jungle, assuming it is a jungler who starts at blue. Do this by leveling your Q second. Run as fast as you can to enemy wraiths. Standing in the bush next to wraiths place boxes just out of range of them. You can usually get two down. Then walk into Red's area. Stand next to the wall closest to wraiths. Watch for the enemy jungler to come. Immediately poof over the wall drop a box in the bush to cut his escape path off. jump on him and let him have it. I usually take exhaust to aid in early ganks. You should be able to kill him with little to no damage to yourself. Either way you will cripple him and at the very least send him back to base. At this point, assuming no one comes to his aid you can steal his red by placing a box outside of range of red, smite red and kill it then move on.

Samurai Dan

11-15-2012

General rule of thumb on boxes for starting off I would say is this: Set your boxes out of range and kite the monster into it using smite, E, or auto attack then run.

1Y 2M 20D

11-16-2012

shaco can solo dragon level 3 i did it alot but still need more practice

lid100

11-16-2012

shaco has one of the slowest clear time, but he has one of the strongest ganking kits.. so you should focus more on ganking. if you jungle, you will fall behind

Samurai Dan

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lid100 View Post
shaco has one of the slowest clear time, but he has one of the strongest ganking kits.. so you should focus more on ganking. if you jungle, you will fall behind
Good point. Your main focus should be buffs and ganking. Lesser monsters can be collected when you don't have ganking options, counter jungle options or available buffs.

...I would like to see how you solo dragon at level 3 with shaco....