Season 3 Items in Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scazzaf

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Response
That's good to hear. Are we going to be receiving sanguine blade/overlords bloodmail buffs in the near future as well?

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazzaf View Post
That's good to hear. Are we going to be receiving sanguine blade/overlords bloodmail buffs in the near future as well?
I wasn't aware they needed buffs.
ADC will likely get some boosts through new itemization. Overlord's Bloodmail may just be outright reworked at some point.

scazzaf

11-16-2012

Sanguine blade (to my knowledge) has the base damage of an unfarmed bloodthirster, which basically means that regardless of how you do in your next fight, you will always begin the following fight with an unfarmed bloodthirster yet again. It seems to almost punish the player.

Overlords bloodmail's active is 200 health healed over 5 seconds per kill or assist. When broken down that becomes 40 hp per second per kill or assist and its also very likely that the enemy will be targeting their ignites or wicked hatchets to lessen the effect making it 20 hp per second. The effect will only trigger a maximum of 2 times per fight. It just seems really underwhelming to only heal 100-200 hp over 5 seconds, which lategame is practically nothing

Oh God Im Based

11-16-2012

RiotNome, what was the idea behind taking out GA in the new map if you don't mind me asking?

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh God Im Based View Post
RiotNome, what was the idea behind taking out GA in the new map if you don't mind me asking?
I dislike the item from a design standpoint. It reeks of old 5.XX to early 6.XX DotA when Aegis was purchasable. All things considered, the team with GA tends to beat the team without, even if the team without has been outperforming them the entire game. I feel like this effect is amplified in 3's. Also, I dislike items with multiple resistances... I disagree with the notion that you should be able to itemize against all threats so easily.

Lord Pudding Cup

11-16-2012

Quote:
Sanguine blade (to my knowledge) has the base damage of an unfarmed bloodthirster, which basically means that regardless of how you do in your next fight, you will always begin the following fight with an unfarmed bloodthirster yet again. It seems to almost punish the player.

Overlords bloodmail's active is 200 health healed over 5 seconds per kill or assist. When broken down that becomes 40 hp per second per kill or assist and its also very likely that the enemy will be targeting their ignites or wicked hatchets to lessen the effect making it 20 hp per second. The effect will only trigger a maximum of 2 times per fight. It just seems really underwhelming to only heal 100-200 hp over 5 seconds, which lategame is practically nothing
it's true it tends to be more usefull to just build a frozen malet you loose some HP but get some AD and the passive on the bloodmail isn't exactly that great considering most carrys can nuke through that 40hp/s lol

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
It also doesn't stack well.
I can't build 5 Sanguine Blades and receive the same effect as I would with 5 Bloodthirsters.
Might not sound important, but I've always wanted to run 5 BTs on Riven in ARAMs, but it's impossible. Stacking Sanguines is not worth it, and there's no similar options.

Lord Pudding Cup

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I dislike the item from a design standpoint. It reeks of old 5.XX to early 6.XX DotA when Aegis was purchasable. All things considered, the team with GA tends to beat the team without, even if the team without has been outperforming them the entire game. I feel like this effect is amplified in 3's. Also, I dislike items with multiple resistances... I disagree with the notion that you should be able to itemize against all threats so easily.
so why not rework it drop or narrow resistences but keep the revive, i mean an item with a revive, even if u were to make it a timed activation with cooldown, like a tryndamere ulti it would have been cool, but to just drop it made me sad

Lord Pudding Cup

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
It also doesn't stack well.
I can't build 5 Sanguine Blades and receive the same effect as I would with 5 Bloodthirsters.
Might not sound important, but I've always wanted to run 5 BTs on Riven in ARAMs, but it's impossible. Stacking Sanguines is not worth it, and there's no similar options.
Agree'd i mean 4 BT's on talon was one of the most awesome builds late game due to his farming potential, but now its impossible! This really upsets me.

scazzaf

11-16-2012

And I edited this into an earlier post, but I'm not sure if you saw. An idea for ohmwrecker: if ohmwrecker is being taken out due to it being too strong on bruisers/tanks, why not put that active on an item that benefits supports or ap casters to make them have a more defined role in TT?