PBE changes up. I wonder how dominion will do with all of this

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

11-16-2012

I don't see how this item helps Rammus at all.

What's the point of slow when they are taunted? Rammus isn't the kind of champion that weaves autoattacks and spells, you powerball into target and turn all of his spells on at the same time. Unless the AoE is huge for this slow, it's not going to help his ultimate either.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I don't see how this item helps Rammus at all.

What's the point of slow when they are taunted? Rammus isn't the kind of champion that weaves autoattacks and spells, you powerball into target and turn all of his spells on at the same time. Unless the AoE is huge for this slow, it's not going to help his ultimate either.
Well, for starters, the AoE slow will be great for following up into teamfights. Not to mention, 15% CDR reduction and a 125% boost to one of his autoattacks (which even for his base damage isn't necessarily small). AS an AoE.

Quote:
After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.
On top of giving him armor and AP of course. AP, AD, and Tank Rammus (the unconventional build) will be strong as hell. The point of the slow is that usually when Rammus goes into taunt initially teamfights ensue. Now, factor that into Rammus already having low cooldowns in the first place, you can initally rush into a team with Powerball, and keep them almost perma-CC'd. Powerball into a group, AoE slow them, autoattack once, slow them again for 3 seconds plus do AoE damage, taunt one person, autoattack, slow AoE damage again (because a 2 second cooldown means nothing to Rammus when you have to factor him going into DBC again xD), Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

The item effectively turns Rammus into an AoE ball of goodness. Now, couple that with Frozen Heart, and GO WILD.

Or better yet, think Alistar.

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

125% of base AD only, not total, you know. The extra damage is not in AoE, only the slow.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
125% of base AD only, not total, you know. The extra damage is not in AoE, only the slow.
I stated that Disc in the first sentence I wrote xD And unless they worded that horribly wrong, "surrounding enemies" sounds like a cleave, seeing as the wording changes when looking at other Sheen-proc (Spellblade) based items.

Quote:
Frozen Fist
Item Cost: 3400
Recipe Cost: 640
+40 Ability Power +500 Mana +60 Armor +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.
Quote:
Lich Bane
Item Cost: 3000
Recipe Cost: 880
+80 Ability Power +250 Mana +5% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After casting a spell, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 50 + 75% of your Ability Power - 2 second cooldown.
Quote:
Trinity Force
Item Cost: 4035
Recipe Cost: 300
+30 Attack Damage +30 Ability Power +30% Attack Speed +10% Critical Strike Chance +8% Movement Speed +250 Health +200 Mana
UNIQUE Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your target's Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% for ranged.)
UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 150% of your base Attack Damage (2 second cooldown).

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

Will have to try it to make sure. PBE queue over 3 hours, so not right now

Ekis the Seraph

11-16-2012

Check because right now in any case it's an all-around damage increase for someone tanky as Rammus if so

CommodoreSkippy

11-16-2012

I am so ready to put Frozen Fist in my Leona build. People say she can't deal damage... but they will learn.

Ekis the Seraph

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
I am so ready to put Frozen Fist in my Leona build. People say she can't deal damage... but they will learn.
xD

Argodis

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Will have to try it to make sure. PBE queue over 3 hours, so not right now
The queue is not working properly.

Just keep canceling and trying to log in and it should eventually let you bypass the queue. Hopefully.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
The queue is not working properly.

Just keep canceling and trying to log in and it should eventually let you bypass the queue. Hopefully.
This works.

Also, I have a custom game hosted. RiotNome's Dominion Test Game.