REQUEST: Mia Button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deirin

11-16-2012

it is clickable as well...near minimap...?!

lolguy999

11-16-2012

make it obligatory to click the "mia button" where's the skill, the map awareness? If you cant scan your eyes to the mini map once every 10 seconds you dont deserve more than 1500 elo or carrying games solo, because you're likely the type of guy that doesnt help ward either and blame everyone on your death

as for mia button, how bout a single yellow ping to your lane? not that hard

Abeem

11-16-2012

I think a mia button would be nice.

KnightxSScarlett

11-17-2012

Read the map and ward. No need for mia.

FlukeMastaReflex

11-17-2012

+1 for this idea.

TheOriginalApEz

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMad View Post
It doesn't happen often but when it does it's disheartening. You see you lane is mia, you go to type "mia" or "mid mia" or w/e and in that instant you get ganked. With your hands out of position, that 1 second differential can mean life or death.

While it may not be a long time to take you hands off the mouse to type, it is time and does take away from the flow of the game. Pings "can" be used but they have so many other meanings that merely pinging your lane will raise more questions than will answer in your team.

So I'm thinking it would be nice to have a MIA BUTTON. This could be hotkeyed just like the alert and retreat pings. Then, at the press of one button, a chat marker (or even better a teamwide announcement) would say mia for your lane so the rest of the team knows what's up.

This is especially useful for laning against champs like eve or kass that either disappear or leave their lane often.

Thoughts?
you should be able to do this yourself but i see why you're requesting this, this would be a very convenient tool.
I had a similar thread before, it was a Customizable Recommended items request and all i got was "Remember your build"

TheOriginalApEz

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
make it obligatory to click the "mia button" where's the skill, the map awareness? If you cant scan your eyes to the mini map once every 10 seconds you dont deserve more than 1500 elo or carrying games solo, because you're likely the type of guy that doesnt help ward either and blame everyone on your death

as for mia button, how bout a single yellow ping to your lane? not that hard
I disagree with your Dickheaded comment, Im completely not map aware ward and the last thing i will do is blame my team for my deaths. Btw you can check i hit 1478 elo

ugotthestuffxp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

most people dont read chat while they are farming , and you cant really ping a ' MIA" you can ping int the direction they might be going but thats it . a souly " MIA button " that would call it out would be a great addition to the game

TechnoMad

03-12-2013

Bump to let you know you were wrong to dismiss this idea.

taioyo

03-12-2013

Guys, the quickping system is already out..
hold your ping hotkey down on the map, and a circle should pop up. Move your mouse to the left a bit and there's the MIA option. Super. Easy.