@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazadiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

How come all the posts that say, "Champions take a large amount of time to design", are being ignored? That's actually kinda infuriating. The people you call out are either Trolling, or don't care about your opinion.

Those of us who point out something that takes a margin of the weight off, or who actually provided a response that makes sense, are largely ignored. I could not care less about her breast size, or her cleavage.

The, "eww it's peeled skin" thing is kinda dumb, We're talking about a scaly sentient creature who has access to magic, it could very easily be shedded scales. As for it showing her cleavage, See the first Part of this post, with the, "They work on champions for a long time before they release them." If you think I'm lying, Understand that they build them practically polygon by polygon, then have to build a functioning skeleton that aligns to everything they require to move, and then they have to go through a fairly tedious process of aligning the skeleton to which polygons they need to move. Then there's the Textures, whether the textures fit the way it is supposed to move, then the animators have to see if they can break the damn thing....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryJoey View Post
Soraka is a good point. Her boobs arent huge. Her thighs are. Yea she is a sexy dryad but thats I think because riot makes attractive champions. If its human (or half human) they dont want you to look at it and go "ew why did they make her/him look that way" unless the champ was designed to do that. Like trundle, which riot said was a design mistake.

Also it isn't only girls, and I know the girls cant affect boob size but guys can work out argument, and that is just ridiculous. I have a lean body structure, it would require me to make an entire lifestyle change and go to the gym 5+ days a week for an hour or more to put on a fraction of the muscle male champs in league have. (trust me I've tried)

But rengar is a half human male thing and is over sexualized

They do come out with a lot of sexy champs/skins and I would like to see some diversity but I don't mind them making humans attractive. Just less Miss Fortunes and more Lux.
like i said, they could make her more inhuman without taking away her attractiveness. people love riven and she doesn't have her boobs falling out of her shirt.

and that being said, men in games arent really oversexualized at all. a lot of them display unrealistic characteristics and while also boring as **** to look at, most of them are still fully clothed and not in fanservice poses. having a buff man in game is the same as riven and leona if theyre fully dressed. its not oversexualized. rengar isnt tromping around with a mad bulge in his pants, which is the same as having cleavage exposed. because even for the shirtless male champs, man boobs =/= lady boobs in terms of what's revealing or not

i agree with your last sentence though
i dont even care if they give non-sexy champs like riven a sexy skin
in fact i encourage it
but making every champ so far look like victoria secret models...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
But if you're not going to notice the cleavage window thing, why does it need to be there in the first place?
Because the pups need to breathe!

Morello described her as regal. With the deep-V and frilly collar (and cleavage), I am immediately reminded of fancy dresses that you might see on the red carpet. To me, that fits in just fine with the idea of being regal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
what are you even on about? I don't really care what your "eyes are drawn to".
if it isn't to her boobs, congrats! throw yourself a party, but that doesn't negate the fact she has generically huge breasts along with most female champions released. and its just stale and repetitive.
maybe this is true and though i can't really say at this time...that is your opinion of her size.
Someone may disagree and feel that they are too small...All in a matter of taste.

Personally i found them to be within reasonable proportion but will recheck later gtg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazadiel View Post
How come all the posts that say, "Champions take a large amount of time to design", are being ignored? That's actually kinda infuriating. The people you call out are either Trolling, or don't care about your opinion.

Those of us who point out something that takes a margin of the weight off, or who actually provided a response that makes sense, are largely ignored. I could not care less about her breast size, or her cleavage.
Or we troll because we care?

Nah, that's a lie. I only care about showing them the errors of their ways.

But seriously, there's several of us that have mentioned it already, it just keeps getting ignored in favor of the "But, unnecessary boobage!" topic (even though it seemed like Riot's promise to provide more varied body types, etc, was a main point of the OP)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazadiel View Post
How come all the posts that say, "Champions take a large amount of time to design", are being ignored? That's actually kinda infuriating. The people you call out are either Trolling, or don't care about your opinion.

Those of us who point out something that takes a margin of the weight off, or who actually provided a response that makes sense, are largely ignored. I could not care less about her breast size, or her cleavage.

The, "eww it's peeled skin" thing is kinda dumb, We're talking about a scaly sentient creature who has access to magic, it could very easily be shedded scales. As for it showing her cleavage, See the first Part of this post, with the, "They work on champions for a long time before they release them." If you think I'm lying, Understand that they build them practically polygon by polygon, then have to build a functioning skeleton that aligns to everything they require to move, and then they have to go through a fairly tedious process of aligning the skeleton to which polygons they need to move. Then there's the Textures, whether the textures fit the way it is supposed to move, then the animators have to see if they can break the damn thing....
More straw man arguments, huh?

Fact is Riot lied, they said they would do better and lo and behold they aren't even trying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
More straw man arguments, huh?

Fact is Riot lied, they said they would do better and lo and behold they aren't even trying.
Man, this guy be trollin', or what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
maybe this is true and though i can't really say at this time...that is your opinion of her size.
Someone may disagree and feel that they are too small...All in a matter of taste.

Personally i found them to be within reasonable proportion but will recheck later gtg.
okay, how about "generically proportioned breasts along with many other female champions released, which is making the champion design stale and repetitive"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Okay, so IronStylus said something about the less-sexualized females coming out next year (after this wave of sexualized ones this year).

So we will know if Riot lied or not next year. Until then...LEARN2DESIGN.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
what are you even on about? I don't really care what your "eyes are drawn to".
if it isn't to her boobs, congrats! throw yourself a party, but that doesn't negate the fact she has generically huge breasts along with most female champions released.
and its just stale and repetitive.
What am I on about? I'm on about the fact that you all are complaining simply for the sake of complaining. It is such a small detail that it shouldn't ever bother you in the course of regular gameplay. And if it does, it is only because you want it to, so that you have something to complain about.

She doesn't have huge breasts. She just doesn't, sorry.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave you to your *****ing and moaning and circlejerking about how right you all are, while I go throw myself a party.

It's in my pants.

It's a pants party.

I'm gonna go watch find some Sona-on-Ahri rule-34 fap-terial.