@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
So... you'd prefer Nami being unclothed? Because that'd be as true-to-myth as you can get. Or perhaps she could only be wearing some pasties? Or maybe just do her barbie-doll style?

If they'd done Nami like they'd done Siren Casseiopeia (about as close to "oooh boobies hangin out all over the place" as you're likely to see in LoL art), then I'm guessing there'd be just as much of a ****storm being raised.

http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...renSkin_Ch.jpg
based on this right here you could argue that due to mythological imagery Nami is not sexualized enough that she has too much clothing. And in this aspect this is true

HOWEVER (please note I had a however), We can't do that in this game because society deems it inappropriate and not suitable for all ages. And I can agree with that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
sigh its sad cus i have to change locations soon and won't get to read a reply on this...i just hope this stays bumped all day so i can read it later and see if she replies to me :S

And fyi if anyone claims i said ariel was an acceptable reason for as to why this champ was okay. as someone said prior. which i hope they aren't referring to me. Let it be known that in that post I was merely listing a range of mermaids conceptual imagery possibility. Not making her a rationalization for oversexualization dear god no.
I brought up the little mermaid, not as an excuse for it being ok but because every argument being made can also be applied to the little mermaid. Disney didnt have to put her in only seashells but they thought it was the right choice given the character. That is what Riot did and I dont see Nami and more sexualized than the little mermaid.

And hey we are only going on in game character models. Lets see what they did for the splash before deciding how big they wanted her boobs. (alot can happen while making the in game model.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
calm down, it wasn't you.
kk good thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Those aren't big well at least not by American standards they are just well accentuated due to highlights and coloring. At best her size is just a tad bigger than Lux. Also for the spider queen's size I let that slide under the pretext that she does spawn spiders in other words a mother and the chest does tend to swell up for mothers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
calm down, it wasn't you.
Obviously it wasn't Moby. It was people like me, who feel that this is just such a petty complaint.

Seriously. Watch the video linked in the OP. In-game, when she's moving around, that little yellow diamond on her chest is the last thing your eyes are drawn to. It's so small compared to the rest of the model. It is often covered up during animations by other parts of the model. The tail and scepter, and to some extent the head, all take much more prominence. Unless you play zoomed all the way in on your character, you simply aren't going to be noticing the cleavage during regular gameplay.

Unless you're trying to. In which case, we're back to the part about you being petty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

gtg soon here so either way ill check in later

good thread lets keep discussion civil and remember it is our opinion everyone has one and they don't all have to be the same


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Obviously it wasn't Moby. It was people like me, who feel that this is just such a petty complaint.

Seriously. Watch the video linked in the OP. In-game, when she's moving around, that little yellow diamond on her chest is the last thing your eyes are drawn to. It's so small compared to the rest of the model. It is often covered up during animations by other parts of the model. The tail and scepter, and to some extent the head, all take much more prominence. Unless you play zoomed all the way in on your character, you simply aren't going to be noticing the cleavage during regular gameplay.

Unless you're trying to. In which case, we're back to the part about you being petty.
But if you're not going to notice the cleavage window thing, why does it need to be there in the first place?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
But if you're not going to notice the cleavage window thing, why does it need to be there in the first place?
because im guessing it has to be representive of the original splash art...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
based on this right here you could argue that due to mythological imagery Nami is not sexualized enough that she has too much clothing. And in this aspect this is true

HOWEVER (please note I had a however), We can't do that in this game because society deems it inappropriate and not suitable for all ages. And I can agree with that.
Oh, I know it can't happen. That's why I mentioned that Siren Cass is about as close to naked as we'll get. The pups are out for all to see, glorious underboob and all (as a hormone ravaged, mindless male, I can proudly say that I am a huge fan of a good underboob). The model has all the curves. They could have done that with Nami, modeled her support-less (heh, she's a support!) and let it all hang out and covered it in scales (barbie-doll style).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Obviously it wasn't Moby. It was people like me, who feel that this is just such a petty complaint.

Seriously. Watch the video linked in the OP. In-game, when she's moving around, that little yellow diamond on her chest is the last thing your eyes are drawn to. It's so small compared to the rest of the model. It is often covered up during animations by other parts of the model. The tail and scepter, and to some extent the head, all take much more prominence. Unless you play zoomed all the way in on your character, you simply aren't going to be noticing the cleavage during regular gameplay.

Unless you're trying to. In which case, we're back to the part about you being petty.
what are you even on about? I don't really care what your "eyes are drawn to".
if it isn't to her boobs, congrats! throw yourself a party, but that doesn't negate the fact she has generically huge breasts along with most female champions released.
and its just stale and repetitive.