@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
just as you could say nami was female in her lore without making her look like a woman, just saying.
when we asked for more monster girls, we meant like anivia, cho'gath, etc. not half-humans...
And maybe those monsters are still in the works, because hey, champ development takes a lot longer than your ADD attention span will allow you to wait for.

Or maybe Riot just gave up on trying to find a happy median with you all and decided to go for the moneymakers. I doubt it but hey, keep it up and I wouldn't be surprised.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I wish she had scales all over, and it didn't stop at her cleavage and face. Maybe that's just me.

The spiky collar is a very traditional look for mages, however I feel it would have been better as a decoration item rather than looking as if grown from the area where scales and skin part to reveal cleavage, as the way it's done makes it look like she's wearing a fish suit instead of being a mermaid.

Just personal artistic preference here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Nearby Shrub

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
okay well i never said every champ is oversexualized, but there are really only a handful that aren't, compared to the male side who gets champions that actually are full monster/overweight/low muscle tone/etc..
i also actually like nami's concept art a lot (it's how big they made her boobs in game that bug me about her design)
AND its them using the sexy dryad, the sexy spider queen, and now the sexy mermaid, etc. that bug me.
seperately i love them to bits. they fit their characters and look rad as hell
but using sexy character tropes till they're bled dry is boring and quite frankly pretty sexist.

and also to others: i'm not trying to get rid of boobs, i just want them to not be every other champ.
you have to also realize there aren't ANY female champions that are full monsters
two overweight (can you even call urgot that? hes patched together not really human)
ez is like 13 and the only low muscle tone full human male in the game if i recall


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
But women HAVE to be sexy in order to be important. Unattractive women don't matter.
Extremes, GLORIOUS EXTREMES. Logic be damned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steak style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Why does her skin have to tear open to display more boobs?

Whyyy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArkofIce

Member

11-16-2012

She's a Mermaid, not a fish. And Mermaids have always had quite visible boobs. It's not like they took something conservative, or potentially conservative (like Elise) and over-sexualized it.

It's a mermaid- mermaids are sexy. It's why fishermen like them and have told stories about them.

Get over it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Oh man, Ariel is so sexualized. I mean, those boobs are way too small for someone her age.

Attachment 558944

Nami's boob size is more appropriate for a 13-16 year old!


Sarcasm aside, if Nami had the top of Ariel, no one would be complaining. It would fit her childish nature. But it is her young voice coupled with giant boobs that is disturbing everyone.
Stop using straw man arguments. No one cares about a Disney Princess, what we care about is the fact that Riot lied about expanding beyond the norm for their female champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Fish don't have boobs because they lack the mammalian upper body to be able to possess them.


But as you may or may not know, Nami is a mermaid. They are by definition, in possession of a humanoid upper body, a torso. Unless you want a reverse mermaid, you better expect some boobs on her. They're relatively tiny boobs anyways, the OP is over-exagerrating them.
like i said in her sneak peak thread, they could make her top half look humanoid and feminine without giving her boobs. like having a ridge/"hill" where the boobs are instead of actual separate breasts.
also if she was so mammalian up top why not give her real hair?
i personally find the literal half human half fish mermaids to be generic and boring. they could have done a lot more with her like they -didnt- with elise


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zawaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-16-2012

Id Hit that...but you cant hit that...its a mermaid...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Because most of the points of disagreement are so well thought out and uninsulting...?
actually im not insulting in my posts and have tried to post counter concepts and opinions to yours. while at the same time rationalizing oversexualization I am also understanding and agreeing with specific claims of this instances occurance. I neither sided for or against oversexualization but merely tried to rationalize the choice with this matter but in doing so it became apparent that I was nothing but ignorant for my opinions when in fact nobody saw that I actually was neutral in this. I have been insulted by being called ignorant, and downvoted and yet I have not said one thing that demeaned* women or objectified them intentionally. I have publicly apologized for any misunderstandings and treated this entire discussion with some ounce of respect despite the treatment.

So yes... I feel mine are uninsulting and well thought out, and deem an appropriate response.