@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryJoey View Post
One of my favorite champs in this game is Lux, and I think we can agree she is the farthest thing from over sexualized. I think that her design, (everything from her clothes to her hair style and proportions) fit her backstory and make sense. When they said mermaid and I saw Nami it fit in my mind. I didn't look straight at her **** and say "sweet boobs" I looked at the champ as a whole and thought "ok this looks like a mermaid water mage"

Also to everyone saying "if you disagree your ignorant" That statement is so insulting and counter productive. I disagree with the Op's statement not because I look at women in an objectifying way. But because I think riot is making good choices with their design lately and dont think this mermaid is over sexualized. So get off your high horse and have a real conversation with someone instead of assuming everyone that doesn't think they way you do is a pig.
okay well i never said every champ is oversexualized, but there are really only a handful that aren't, compared to the male side who gets champions that actually are full monster/overweight/low muscle tone/etc..
i also actually like nami's concept art a lot (it's how big they made her boobs in game that bug me about her design)
AND its them using the sexy dryad, the sexy spider queen, and now the sexy mermaid, etc. that bug me.
seperately i love them to bits. they fit their characters and look rad as hell
but using sexy character tropes till they're bled dry is boring and quite frankly pretty sexist.

and also to others: i'm not trying to get rid of boobs, i just want them to not be every other champ.

swils

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizer View Post
Either IronStylus or Morello (possibly both) had stated that, while they agree with the community on increasing variety in body types, there were champions in the works that were too far along to change. Keep in mind champion's are dreamed up and designed overnight - It takes months.

Also, champions are still going to exist with the sexual body type, if Riot feels it fits the character (i.e Miss Fortune)
This is the point I was touching on in my not-trying-to-match-their-level reply.

Daemon

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
You haven't seen many women before have you? Believe it or not, breasts that size existed long before plastic surgery.

ah....Miss Green...introducing me 3rd grade self and classmates the wonders of adulthood...

Except (unlike the female champions), women usually have pretty hefty bodies to go along with the big boobs.

I mean, it does happen to some women, but in the end, they have terrible back problems.

Jujubee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Really OP? Is this the highlight of your day? my GOD shut up and don't buy her if you don't like her. Stop the stupid complaints MY GOD!

Paris

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizer View Post
Also, champions are still going to exist with the sexual body type, if Riot feels it fits the character (i.e Miss Fortune)
because a champion that sounds like a 14 year old and probably has a lore about "saving her people" needs DDD boobs.

there's no way to justify her breasts besides the fact that men like that sort of thing and will throw all their money at whatever will give them the most breasts.

evelastina

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
We know he's male because he was called "he" in the lore.

Someone out there was saying he was a female looking at his Deep Sea or Monarch skin.
just as you could say nami was female in her lore without making her look like a woman, just saying.
when we asked for more monster girls, we meant like anivia, cho'gath, etc. not half-humans...

swils

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Except (unlike the female champions), women usually have pretty hefty bodies to go along with the big boobs.

I mean, it does happen to some women, but in the end, they have terrible back problems.
But when they're, oh, let's say, 16 (as has been suggested in this thread for Nami's age), and rocking a rack like that, with only good genes to thank, back problems are their last concern.

And, if we're in agreement that Nami's about 16, then back problems becomes a non-issue. And we can then also agree that it's not unheard of for women with slimmer bodies to be well endowed.

mtrx005

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
just as you could say nami was female in her lore without making her look like a woman, just saying.
when we asked for more monster girls, we meant like anivia, cho'gath, etc. not half-humans...
But women HAVE to be sexy in order to be important. Unattractive women don't matter.

evelastina

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Riot is doing.

So apparently you can.
and thats why what theyre doing is wrong
just cause you can doesnt mean you should, my dear

Nhero

11-16-2012

To be really honest here, her chest is a lot smaller than a lot of other female champs out there...I still think her design is stunning.