@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-15-2012

EDIT: Based on forum consensus, I have uploaded new original concept art for a Riot champ that everyone would approve of judging by this thread.

EDIT: 448 downvotes - I sure am popular! I don't want to take way your boobs, people, stop freaking out. I just want some other options.

EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.


After all of the comments you have made about giving us more female body types, you release two female champions one after another with huge cleavage on display.

Why did Elise need huge breasts that literally HEAVE up and down in her login screen? She is a spider - the perfect opportunity for you guys to make a truly monstrous female champion.

I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe the next female champ will be better."

I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.

I remember after Elise came out people were disappointed about her character design and you replied to a forum thread saying that you would address our concerns.

They weren't address and now we have Nami. I probably won't even buy her although I main support. I just can't support Riot saying one thing and then doing another as far as female champ design anymore.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots for those that are wondering what I'm talking about because Nami is "omg lol a fish so how could she have boobs."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z8dPIbhN9Hc/UKXSFC0ySUI/AAAAAAAAKAw/I3H0ZR_0VvY/s1600/mermmy.png

Also, check out the video of Nami in action next to Kat - Kat seems like she'd be a much more sexualized character but Nami's breasts are much more prominently on display and more obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CfHApTyBM


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dralun

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Yea because being half fish totally isn't a different female body type.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Drago View Post
Yea because being half fish totally isn't a different female body type.
See: Cassiopeia. Being half monstrous with a top half with breasts prominently on display is still conforming to certain standards. I want a female champ that breaks convention - not does it halfway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

Senior Member

11-15-2012

It's like I said in the mammoth thread on this about a month ago: Riot is BSing you. Doesn't matter how much you complain, doesn't matter how many times they send out IronStylus to ameliorate the situation, they are going to keep doing what they do.

They do not care about the issue of how LoL portrays women. They care about selling skins. Come to terms with this or just keep being disappointed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJigger

Senior Member

11-15-2012

LoL females will always have cleavages, deal with it, nothing wrong with it, more things to fap to. loljk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post


I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.
Nami? Boobfest?

I've seen elementary school students back when I was little with bigger boobs than those!



Like it or not, breasts are a sexual trait of females. Don't be surprised if a female has them dude. And don't exaggerate them when they're so tiny.



And different body types? Fish lower half and aquatic features not different enough?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJigger View Post
LoL females will always have cleavages, deal with it, nothing wrong with it, more things to fap to. loljk
Except Riot said they are trying to portray different female body types.

I want them to either do what they say they are going to do or flat out state that this is going to continue being a **** and ass show so their fans can be informed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xemnous

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
After all of the comments you have made about giving us more female body types, you release two female champions one after another with huge cleavage on display.

Why did Elise need huge breasts that literally HEAVE up and down in her login screen? She is a spider - the perfect opportunity for you guys to make a truly monstrous female champion.

I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe the next female champ will be better."

I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.

I remember after Elise came out people were disappointed about her character design and you replied to a forum thread saying that you would address our concerns.

They weren't address and now we have Nami. I probably won't even buy her although I main support. I just can't support Riot saying one thing and then doing another as far as female champ design anymore.
Can you not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Except Nami sounds and has the face of a young preteen girl.

So it is creepy.


Sure, it's a thing in Japan, but we aren't Japan.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Nami? Boobfest?

I've seen elementary school students back when I was little with bigger boobs than those!
Elementary students have bigger boobs than this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

EDIT: Or this? Check the leftmost picture.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z8dPIbhN9H...600/mermmy.png