Putting a summoner on "Ignore" should prevent getting grouped with them.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheVoidDream

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFG View Post
Define enough time. People have been asking for it for 2 years now.
This. All day, all night this.

Akuni

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.
Easy. The thing is, you don't need to ban ignored players from the matchmaking. Just lower the chance to get matched with them.
Lower chance to get matched with them + the usual changing playerbase (Yeah yeah I know the higher you get the smaller the base) should prevent a lot of frustration already.

Now the catch is (And the way against abuse), that you will get matched normally with that player if there's no fitting oponent in the matchmaking system except for that player. Putting everyone on the ignore list will be useless then because you will get matched with them if there are no similar non-ignored players.

So in short:
  1. Putting someone on ignore lowers the chance to get matched with them by x%
  2. If the system can't find a similar rated player to replace the ignored user matchmaking will be default
  3. Whenever people get perma-banned by the tribunal they get purged from the ignore lists
  4. People with significant ignore-lists are flagged as suspicious like with the report abuse cases

The thing with purging permabanned players is: When they are banned permanently they will not join your match, hence no need to have them in there.

The thing with the flag is: As with every system there might be abusiv edge cases and having a measure to prevent them is better than having nothing.

I did not state how much %-reduction you get, why? Because it's obviously a number which should be won from live-testing. It is also the point of the system which allows tweaking the system. If you see more players rising to y elo in 1 week or so you can add more % as you can "replace" ignored players better. If there are fewer players rising to higher elo you'd obviously lower the amount of x.

There you go. Rough outlines but overall a very elegant solution imo. However I'm not perfect as every other human being so If you can think of flaws in the system go and point them out. I'm more than happy about feedback.

Cheers,
Akuni EUW

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.
Don't allow people to add 70,000,000 people to their ignore list?

Is there some super obvious thing I'm missing as to why it can't be limited like the friends list is?

RoflMyPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
If you report someone, you should not be queued with them. I had someone troll me two ranked games in a row... it was ridiculous.

Abuse prevention? Spamming reports is already flagged in the system.

Yohan Leafheart

11-15-2012

My problem is the fact that you can sometimes get matched with someone you reported at the end of the game. It happened with me twice. I finish the game, report the person (Normally for Unskilled), re-queue, and boom, they are on the same team as I am.

Sproctor

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan Leafheart View Post
My problem is the fact that you can sometimes get matched with someone you reported at the end of the game. It happened with me twice. I finish the game, report the person (Normally for Unskilled), re-queue, and boom, they are on the same team as I am.
You already know what to expect. Why would you want to inflict them on some unsuspecting soul?

Tarreb

11-15-2012

Ok, so here's the idea a little more fleshed out.

1) Putting a person on your ignore list prevents matchmaking from placing that person on your team. They can however be placed on a team you are fighting against.
2) The system will track how frequently a person adds people to their ignore list, and flags people who are adding too many people over short periods of time. This will prevent someone from being able to manipulate the matchmaking system.
3) The system will also track whether the person they are putting on ignore has recently either A) been grouped with them, or B) had some other sort of contact (chat, etc) with them. Once again, this serves to protect against manipulating the matchmaking system., as well as prevent shared/community ignore lists.

(Shared ignore lists would really only be a problem if someone had a large repository of names of trolls, and someone inserted innocent names. The innocent people would have a harder time finding matches, and the tribunal already serves this purpose for the most part.)

3illzzz

11-16-2012

Quote:
There are like millions and millions or players right? SO realistically, if you can only ignore 100-1000, then you should never have that problem of making it unbalanced, since it's such a small % of the players.

3illzzz

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarreb View Post
Ok, so here's the idea a little more fleshed out.

1) Putting a person on your ignore list prevents matchmaking from placing that person on your team. They can however be placed on a team you are fighting against.
2) The system will track how frequently a person adds people to their ignore list, and flags people who are adding too many people over short periods of time. This will prevent someone from being able to manipulate the matchmaking system.
3) The system will also track whether the person they are putting on ignore has recently either A) been grouped with them, or B) had some other sort of contact (chat, etc) with them. Once again, this serves to protect against manipulating the matchmaking system., as well as prevent shared/community ignore lists.

(Shared ignore lists would really only be a problem if someone had a large repository of names of trolls, and someone inserted innocent names. The innocent people would have a harder time finding matches, and the tribunal already serves this purpose for the most part.)
A shared ignore list would mean trolls would end up gaming against the trolls. This would stop them getting games with everyone else and they would have to create new accounts which they would need to level to 30 again and then be less likely to troll. This would probably get rid of 90% of trolls. Or riot could just punish more trolls and look into reports more for say 6 months. And it would massively cut down on the amount of trolls.

HellsGeneral

11-17-2012

Falleth Made the perfect suggestion, ignoring someone is so that you do not have them on your team. Nobody ignores someone because they never want to play against them again, and if you have the opposing team ignored it wont affect any game play. The only game play that would be affected would be if they got put on your team again, because you couldnt communicate with them. I am sure that people would enjoy killing the people that they ignored.

1234567 ... 8