Diamond elo, (main)Jungle- answering all questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Jungleton

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
I seem to have two issues when jungling.

First, I find when all my lanes are getting pushed I can't seem to be everwhere at once, and often get blamed for not doing so. What would you suggest in this situation? How could I alleviate the pressure for all three lanes at once, or just deal with the situation in general?

Secondly, wards. Wards, wards, and more wards... Everyone seems to ward everwhere all the time when I'm jungling (incidentally my team hardly wards... I find this odd luck). How do you still manage ganks even when they have set up wards? They see me coming constantly, and are half way back to their tower before I can get on top of them to start doing anything, and can't secure a kill as they get back to their tower far too quickly, often just by running (even with slows/stuns/etc on them).
1st- focus on top / mid mainly. your goal as a jungler should be to, A- get your team fed, (yourself fed if u know u can carry) B- deprive their team from dragon, mid from blue and take all their reds. this requires wards and timing their buffs. planning ahead when u know u have to be near their red of blue for the steal right as it spawns.
2nd- buy oracles. or tell your support to pink ward triangle or pick champs that can backdoor gank= shaco / lee / j4, have some strong tricks to get around wards and at the enemys rear

Maleric

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TąC InstacritZ View Post
1st- focus on top / mid mainly. your goal as a jungler should be to, A- get your team fed, (yourself fed if u know u can carry) B- deprive their team from dragon, mid from blue and take all their reds. this requires wards and timing their buffs. planning ahead when u know u have to be near their red of blue for the steal right as it spawns.
2nd- buy oracles. or tell your support to pink ward triangle or pick champs that can backdoor gank= shaco / lee / j4, have some strong tricks to get around wards and at the enemys rear
When I tend to focus on top/middle, their jungle tends to camp bot, which is already doing poorly and whatever lane I'm at just plays it safe.

Also as to buying oracles, that's quite an investment to make and even still, I kill one ward, they still know I'm there and can place another ward right after I'm gone.

The champs I've played in the jungle more recently are Kayle, Amumu, Skarner, and (just this week) Elise. They all have decent ganking potential, but not enough to not care about wards. I have some other jungle champs, but none of the ones you mentioned. Could you describe how you back door and what champs are best at this, and how I might tailor any of these to that role?

Sir Jungleton

11-15-2012

Quote:
When I tend to focus on top/middle, their jungle tends to camp bot, which is already doing poorly and whatever lane I'm at just plays it safe.

Also as to buying oracles, that's quite an investment to make and even still, I kill one ward, they still know I'm there and can place another ward right after I'm gone.

The champs I've played in the jungle more recently are Kayle, Amumu, Skarner, and (just this week) Elise. They all have decent ganking potential, but not enough to not care about wards. I have some other jungle champs, but none of the ones you mentioned. Could you describe how you back door and what champs are best at this, and how I might tailor any of these to that role?
Oracles is a great investment if u can manage not to die with it. get gp10s get oracles, in high elo this is all junglers do. as far as the back door gank strats if your team is blue and u want to gank their bot lane go through their jungle, past their blue buff / wolf camp and decieve over the wall right infront of their tower. you can E-Q combo there with j4 and stop anyone from running away

Maleric

11-15-2012

So should a jungle just be content with a support role? To provide CC (in ganks/relieving pressure/teamfights), clear wards/place wards, and steal buffs?

Sir Jungleton

11-15-2012

Quote:
So should a jungle just be content with a support role? To provide CC (in ganks/relieving pressure/teamfights), clear wards/place wards, and steal buffs?
yes, hes almost a 2nd support. sometimes i go full out dmg on people like lee. but only if i had a huge lead and its a snoball pwn type of game

Lethadind

11-16-2012

If it seems like all lanes are at a disadvantage who would you say is the most important to get fed? The tank, the ADC, or the APC (who can help you feed others if he gets fed early)?

I'm talking about laning in terms of cs and/or amount of poke exchanged. This type of thing happens often and there are times when I seem to make the "right" decision, and then there are times when I make the same decision, with similar results, but in the end it didn't seem to help. It might just be a vast skill difference in the champion I helped to get fed, but I'm thinking there's some strategy involved with this as well.

A for instance is a legendary Teemo who never left top - I left him alone and fed bottom lane, with a few ganks at mid. Late game we locked Teemo down and basically destroyed their team, even though he had the most gold at the end. On another occasion the enemy top lane gets fed (we'll call him/her Darius, Irelia, or Jax) so I feed bottom lane, and it seems like the top lane's feed totally destroys any usefulness I had in other lanes - should I have attempted to shut him/her down with the risk of a double kill fail (or even trade 1 for 1) instead, or was my game doomed simply because this champion got fed and there wasn't much I could do?

I realize how specific and, like, LONG this post was, but I wanted to be as concise as possible. Thanks.

xThe Fuhrerx

11-26-2012

hi

Lazy8s

11-27-2012

I picked up Maokai and love him. I am going to grab Skarner as well to have AD and AP jungle. My question is, how do you initiate a gank in solo queue? I ping, I type in chat, and still it seems people just don't go in. My understanding is I'm playing the two best initiators in the game. What can I do better, or what is the best way to initiate?

Especially mid. They always seem so aggressive at my level (lvl 20 so not even low Elo) That they push to the enemy tower then get mad I'm not ganking. I can't tank a turret at level 4. :-(

Also, when should I start ganking? Does a lvl2 gank really matter? It only buys the lane about 40sec of solo farm.

Sir Jungleton

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xThe Fuhrerx View Post
hi
Hello there

Sir Jungleton

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
If it seems like all lanes are at a disadvantage who would you say is the most important to get fed? The tank, the ADC, or the APC (who can help you feed others if he gets fed early)?

I'm talking about laning in terms of cs and/or amount of poke exchanged. This type of thing happens often and there are times when I seem to make the "right" decision, and then there are times when I make the same decision, with similar results, but in the end it didn't seem to help. It might just be a vast skill difference in the champion I helped to get fed, but I'm thinking there's some strategy involved with this as well.

A for instance is a legendary Teemo who never left top - I left him alone and fed bottom lane, with a few ganks at mid. Late game we locked Teemo down and basically destroyed their team, even though he had the most gold at the end. On another occasion the enemy top lane gets fed (we'll call him/her Darius, Irelia, or Jax) so I feed bottom lane, and it seems like the top lane's feed totally destroys any usefulness I had in other lanes - should I have attempted to shut him/her down with the risk of a double kill fail (or even trade 1 for 1) instead, or was my game doomed simply because this champion got fed and there wasn't much I could do?

I realize how specific and, like, LONG this post was, but I wanted to be as concise as possible. Thanks.
Its all situational. Sometimes ganking top lane if its fed is a bad bad idea, unless you can get your mid to back you up. Or if you play a champ that has exhaust and ur top calls that their top as no summoners. Generally if this happens i try and get my ADC as fed as possible and always always keep an eye on your fed carries in fights. Its not your job to get on someone and chase them for days while the rest of their team pwns your team. You as jungler should be the front line of defense between their team and your adc / apc. I see a lot of low elo kids that try and "make plays" charge in zone out a adc but in the meantime their top lane bruiser is wrecking your adc. Attack what your adc can attack and the game gets 100% easier that is, if you got your adc fed. If your top lane is fed and their adc is fed generally I like to try and gib their adc with my top lane bruiser in fights. But tbh peeling I feel is the best tactic, fighting as a unit.