Automatic Loss Forgiven on 4v5 Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

11-07-2012

If they implement this, then they also need to remove elo increase for wins for 5v4. This idea, while I agree with your frustration, won't happen because it changes the ELO system.

Michael J Focxzc

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
If they implement this, then they also need to remove elo increase for wins for 5v4. This idea, while I agree with your frustration, won't happen because it changes the ELO system.
Surely the idea that individual players lose their personal rating because someone else's computer craps out is completely and utterly flawed. The ELO system NEEDS to be changed. Solo queue is comparable to dragging your nutsack through a mile of broken glass just to sooth it in a pot of vinegar.

MTempty

11-15-2012

le bump

PVRSE

11-15-2012

what happens when you duo queue, and one of you dont like the way the game is going so one of you DC's and then gets that nice loss forgiven?

Kelberry

11-15-2012

Easily abused, never, ever, going to happen.

Phoneixflare

11-15-2012

This is literally the epitome of a great idea
Do you know how much elo I've lost because of a similar situation like what he described?
I used to be 1354
then I dropped REALLY hard because of trolls, feeders, leavers.

Riot pls. Give the winners less elo too. Honestly I don't mind receiving less elo if it wasn't really earned in a fair game. I think most players would agree that it's a fair trade off. More elo for winning a fair game, etc.

Phoneixflare

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
So...how is this easily abused?
do tell us

Michael J Focxzc

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
I understand your concerns, but that's exactly why i suggested putting in varying timers depending on which point during the game the person disconnected or afk'd. Please do remember that Abusing this system will result in you being flagged by the leaver buster system, resulting in automatic bans eventually AND the 'abuser' does NOT get a loss forgiven. So there is no downside at all. The genuine, hard working players are protected by the system, and the toxic, afkers and abusers are flagged/banned.

Copy'd from the OP -

I propose that a loss is forgiven (no loss appears / no rating loss but still a win / rating gain for the other team) in the following situations :
- A player fails to connect to the game and doesn't rejoin within the next 15 minutes.
- A player afks/leaves the game before 10 minutes and fails to rejoin within the next 15 minutes
- A player afks/leaves the game before 20 minutes and fails to rejoin within the next 30 minutes

These numbers can obviously be increased if riot feel that it's too easy to 'abuse' but i feel that they're pretty much about right.

for non-connectors, all you have to do is hold on for 15 minutes for your loss forgiven

leavers before 10 minutes (hard to abuse because you dont know for sure you have lost before 10mins...) you have to hold on for 15 minutes from the moment that they are registered as disconnected or afk. If you're losing so hard that you decide to eat the leaver buster mark AND the loss to prevent your friend from getting a loss, then you wont last the 15 minutes anyway, especially 4v5.

The over 20 minutes is really just for games where it's pretty much even between the two teams, and then someone disconnects. 30 minutes is a LONG time to hold on for the loss forgiven, but it is possible if you focus 100% on defense. Teams that are losing badly and want to 'abuse' the system would not be able to last that long.

In summary, i see no way in which this system can be abused and hence see no reason why it's not in place already. I lose far too much ELO because of other people simply never connecting to the game that they accepted to join. It's very frustrating.

mwarme

11-15-2012

easy. in ranked 5's, you get beat up badly early on (jungle invade let's say) and give up 3-4 kills. that's at ~2 minutes. Level 2 your bot lane gets ganked by the level 4 jungler, gives up a double to their adc, while your mid or top dies in a 1v1 because they're underleveled/less items than their starting opponent who got assist or kill gold. 7-8 minutes in your team is down perhaps 5-6 kills against a fed ADC and a roaming jungler. Somebody DC's at 9 minutes and doesn't leave so that everyone else gets a loss forgiven. When duo-queing it's just as simple to trade off who dodges if things go down into the crapper early game.

Michael J Focxzc

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneixflare View Post
This is literally the epitome of a great idea
Do you know how much elo I've lost because of a similar situation like what he described?
I used to be 1354
then I dropped REALLY hard because of trolls, feeders, leavers.

Riot pls. Give the winners less elo too. Honestly I don't mind receiving less elo if it wasn't really earned in a fair game. I think most players would agree that it's a fair trade off. More elo for winning a fair game, etc.

While i thank you for liking my idea, i don't agree with punishing the other team for their opponents having a leaver. It's simply not fair on them. They still have to work for the win, even if it's not a fair fight, and they deserve the elo that they would normally get for a win. By simply forgiving the loss, the winning and the losing team aren't punished for something they can't control.

This system will also have no negative impact on the ELO system as this situation doesn't arise often enough to have an impact on it.