First Win of the Day: Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

11-15-2012

Why isn't this a thing?

The idea comes and goes, but it's always been a good one...

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

What do you mean? You already get bonus ip for FWOTD on Dom.

FDru

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
What do you mean? You already get bonus ip for FWOTD on Dom.
Well yeah, current FWotD is granted for whichever mode you play first. They would need to made a separate one specific to Dominion (or whatever other game mode). The idea is just to stimulate participation in the map without actually changing much at all.

Maybe they could give a double FWotD bonus to whichever mode has the least people queueing for it.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

While I originally thought this was a good idea, try to think what it brings along:

SR Players will simply queue up for the least played map, run haphazardly into fights, if they're lucky, get their win to buy more champs, then move back to SR. Think of it like Warsong Gulch in WoW; once people farmed the one map that was giving extra experience for the weekend, or that one map that gave the bonus, they'd just return to whatever it is they were doing, typically WSG or AB.

Orphane

11-15-2012

It does get some people to try something they never would have beforehand, but I think it's problematic in that getting people who are only interested in extra IP (even if it's just for one win) is only going to perpetuate the "lol it's dominion who cares" crowd, which is a huge factor in turning away people who are trying to get into it at placement elo.

FDru

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
While I originally thought this was a good idea, try to think what it brings along:

SR Players will simply queue up for the least played map, run haphazardly into fights, if they're lucky, get their win to buy more champs, then move back to SR. Think of it like Warsong Gulch in WoW; once people farmed the one map that was giving extra experience for the weekend, or that one map that gave the bonus, they'd just return to whatever it is they were doing, typically WSG or AB.
You can't win a Dominion match while AFK or dicking around. AFKing is also quite bannable, and Blizzard did not a damn thing about botters. That's the big difference between LoL and WoW.

Acquiring a win in Dom = requiring people learn how to play Dom (at least past a point). Decent players who win consistently will quickly find out how competitive Dominion can be.

Phourc

11-15-2012

Mm.. I've always liked this idea,or a Dom-IP increase weekend or something - hell rotating weekends with a small IP bonus on certain maps could potentially be awesome.

HOWEVER, the correct time to release such an idea would be when Dominion balance is done being tweaked, or at least fairly stable - the time to lay the framework would be now, they just couldn't tell us about it until it was time xP

ShawNuff

11-15-2012

I would agree simply from the perspective that it takes far too much IP to unlock content.

NamKim

11-15-2012

I remember writing a long post about something like this but I decided not to post it since I felt that it would be seen too negatively. Plus, I kind of doubt most people read my posts considering the length of them.

The general idea of my post is that if there was a Dominion-specific reward, people would be forced to play Dominion. But the reward would have some sort of requirement that forces them to play to win. At the same time, I am against the idea since it would only encourage the use of champions like Jayce and Kass.

So, I am with Phourc on this where some balance changes needs to be made first. Now, get 1st win IP bonus for Dominion Draft is an entirely different story.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-15-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Interesting idea. I'll ask around