Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

splashthefield

11-15-2012

exciting about this change!!I find the new HUD looks more clear and fresh,and can read information as quickly as possible!good job Riot!

xHeimtechZX

11-15-2012

Brilliant! I love it Riot x)
I think the only thing left for the shop is perhaps adding a tab where we could possibly add our preferred items for the champ. Not sure if that would take loads of time to program/load or anything though.

Edit: Does it still show the latency? I like knowing my ping in case it spikes during an important team battle and I don't want to feed.

splashthefield

11-15-2012

and I'm on the front row of page92...how many people are in this thread now?tons?

SpiffmeisterZ

11-15-2012

New HUD requires additional pylons...

I love the shop interface though... I'm always finding items in weird ways to make it easier (select ruby crystal, select warmogs, select regrowth pendant, select mana pendant, buy... rather annoying but its faster than backing through a bunch of menus)

Any word on custom recommended builds so we can slot in our own common picks?

MadManDu

11-15-2012

Can we get an exclusive area of the shop interface dedicated to consumables? It would really help with buying em as well as accustoming newer players to buying wards and pots (they won't forget cuz it's so in their face!)

JinxM

11-15-2012

Feature request:

if (gameTime < 30)
sellPrice = buyPrice;

BooleanCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Usability from a new user perspective was actually a significant concern of ours. We've done extensive tests to confirm or deny ideas as we worked through them.
Overall the new item shop has been a major boon for new players in these tests.
Does the "Recommended" button glow or something for players under level 30? Because if not, then I don't see how hiding the blatantly-obviously-ordered recommended items behind a button most people refuse to read or look for can help a new player too much.

Elodin

11-15-2012

Surprised it wasn't down voted into oblivion.

I don't particularly like it, I'll get used to it and it might be better, but it's going to take some time.

eNigMa818

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
I think it looks great. One exception may be the item slots; having items bound to numbers while having multiple items (ie: health/mana potions) just makes things confusing.

I'm just not sure that what little being gained for the person who isn't familiar with keybinding becomes a bad tradeoff by confusing them with extra numbers. Am I wrong? Guess we'll find out.
We already have that, unless I'm misunderstanding you. Health Pots (3 at start of game), all in 2nd item slot. I press 2 on the keyboard, drink 1 potion. All items are already hotkeyed like that. (1-6)

Riot Reinboom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

11-15-2012
44 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
Does the "Recommended" button glow or something for players under level 30? Because if not, then I don't see how hiding the blatantly-obviously-ordered recommended items behind a button most people refuse to read can improve a new players experience with items.
The item shop defaults to the Recommended tab actually. It remembers your last used tab between games (as well as last used mode, between list and grid).