Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orders Sol

11-15-2012

You guys should make the allied portraits on the side have the stats like in spectator mode so we can see if their summoners/ulti's are up and how long till they're up

Erbrand

11-15-2012

Will the new UI let us see a tower count like the spectator HUD? I would love to see a quick number comparison without looking over all the grayed towers on the minimap

Vlem0n

11-15-2012

Im not liking the shop =(

Riot Reinboom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

11-15-2012
41 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyMcGee View Post
My Biggest Question is if the search will be active search - much like Google where it will search while you type.

I'm really hoping its NOT like: Type in item.... Hit Enter... Search... Find Item...
It's search as you type, it will display a group of ~8 items (that can be scrolled) under the search bar when at least 1 character is inside the search menu.

There is an intentional delay to it popping up the search and filtering that's at about 0.1 seconds. So if you type REALLY fast it will take a tenth of a second to update when you're done. This is so that you don't cause undue lag to the search system. It has to do a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attomi View Post
The real question is:
How fast can I buy boots and pots?

I must know.
Let's see...

{p}
{enter}
{b}
{o}
{enter}
{enter} (bought boots)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 1)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 2)
{enter}
{h}
{enter}
{enter} (bought pot 3)

The repeat of the enters is due to it removing you from the search context when you purchase.
I'll investigate adding something that purchases and stays on your current search.

xBomber69

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznroll View Post
Wish there was a way to change the color of the cursor...

Edit: Also, very nice update. Love the skill level indicators.
its really bad the new hud looks ugly

Argatrov

11-15-2012

Love the idea. I'm real excited about it. Can't wait!!

PallasAthens

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
^^^
Yeah, but you get into crazy questions like should stats only update after you leave the platform as well? If that's the case though, then how do you know effectively if you bought enough to pass a threshold, like for Akali's passive?
The only one who can abuse it would be Karthus and/or Soraka. If anything, just disable active/passive abilities from an item in a platform, and if a skill is used it locks that item to you(To prevent Karth/Soraka abuse). Or just disable it for Karth/Soraka until they step out of platform.

Gurog

11-15-2012

sexy

Edit: A custom build for a certain champion to replace with the recommended would be SO convinent.

jboku

11-15-2012

Looks like it will take a little getting used to, but over all some really nice changes in the long run! Especially the search and level indicators! GJ Riot!

Cherubas

11-15-2012

Rofl. Reminds me of Facebook. "Everyone knows where everything is and it's easy to use... Let's change the layout randomly!"