Why can't we see opponent's borders?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Well, imagine if a silver player (like me) managed to climb to diamond this year. My opponents see my border and they laugh at me and call me bad and tell my team they gonna lose cause though I might be diamond now, I WAS bad in comparison to them at the end of season 2.
But I guess your teammates can still do this.
k ill copypaste this for the 10th time

The solution is simple. Make borders an accurate representation of someone's skill. As soon as someone hits a new tier give them a border. If someone is actually good, their border won't misrepresent them.

Also allow opponents to see borders. Then matchmaking is transparent so teammates can't just blame weaker teammates since everyone would see that the teams are balanced.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Remind View Post
k ill copypaste this for the 10th time

The solution is simple. Make borders an accurate representation of someone's skill. As soon as someone hits a new tier give them a border. If someone is actually good, their border won't misrepresent them.

Also allow opponents to see borders. Then matchmaking is transparent so teammates can't just blame weaker teammates since everyone would see that the teams are balanced.
The problem with this is that borders were end of season rewards. People who sunk in elo will be upset while those who went up will be pleased. But the true problem lies in that these were promised rewards by Riot and changing them now breaks the promise.

Quintessence

11-15-2012

i can already go on lolking to see if someone is bad or not tho..

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
lol

Jiggly Bálls

11-15-2012

theres like no reason not to show the enemy our borders...

Chupathingy

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
My real question is why do they allow teammates profiles, and not enemies. This seems more toxic than seeing enemies, because if an enemy sees you with a lower border they might play aggressive against you, and lose because of it, where-as since we can only see teammates borders it gives people a scape-goat when the game is going bad.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
The problem with this is that borders were end of season rewards. People who sunk in elo will be upset while those who went up will be pleased. But the true problem lies in that these were promised rewards by Riot and changing them now breaks the promise.
People who sunk in elo wouldn't randomly get their borders revoked. Riot is constantly changing things in order to try to make them better. This change solves all red concerns in the 2 red threads floating around.

pindel

11-15-2012

The other day I played a normal game with a person with a diamond border. He fed hard top lane and everyone commenced to make fun of him, in all chat, because he go destroyed by a silver player. I feel like if u could see the enemies' borders it would just make it a flame war every time something like this happened. On top of this, it was a normal game and it probably would've been even a bigger deal in a ranked one.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pindel View Post
The other day I played a normal game with a person with a diamond border. He fed hard top lane and everyone commenced to make fun of him, in all chat, because he go destroyed by a silver player. I feel like if u could see the enemies' borders it would just make it a flame war every time something like this happened. On top of this, it was a normal game and it probably would've been even a bigger deal in a ranked one.
no b/c he would be actually trying in ranked.

Chupathingy

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Remind View Post
People who sunk in elo wouldn't randomly get their borders revoked. Riot is constantly changing things in order to try to make them better. This change solves all red concerns in the 2 red threads floating around.
Except it angers the part of the community that worked for the borders in the previous season. Even though riot has the right to do that, I don't think they will simply because they made them as rewards.