Sprint Mode Minions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Has anyone else noticed in 5v5 games how sometimes the minions will book it in an all out sprint for no reason? I've seen it in a lot of games recently. I used to think I was having a lag spike, but only a couple minions were sprinting, and everything else was moving smoothly.

It generally happens later in games, and isn't the most important, but it does very minorily change the flow of things. Is this a bug Riot has noticed and is working to fix?

Allegorical

11-15-2012

I've noticed it, but I'm not certain what is causing it.

MackDaddyMcFresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I'm pretty certain it's an intentional thing to prevent players from creep blocking and/or creeps from derping out and giving one lane an advantage. They get to a certain point at a certain time and the game checks to see if it's consistent with where they are supposed to be. If they are behind because of model blocking or what have you, they "sprint" to catch up to where they should be.

common source

11-15-2012

I've noticed this as well but, only right after I've scrolled the screen. I had always figured it was a latency or graphical issue.

Atzigan

11-15-2012

I noticed that too, it might be some fps spikes. What i did notice yesterday though and it was very weird. There was a BIG like lulu's ult big type of catapult minion. And the enemy didn't have any promote spell. Anyone encountered that?

thattomguy

11-15-2012

Im almost positive that it would be either frame rate issues or latency because I have upgraded both computer and internet while playing and have noticed the frequency of this happening drop significantly.

wrsthnsatn667

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thattomguy View Post
Im almost positive that it would be either frame rate issues or latency because I have upgraded both computer and internet while playing and have noticed the frequency of this happening drop significantly.
That's what I thought it was at first, but my CPU is a behemoth, and it's not the whole game. It's just a couple minions. Even when they're with other minions the others are normal and a couple go buck wild.

Best Furry NA

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddyMcFresh View Post
I'm pretty certain it's an intentional thing to prevent players from creep blocking and/or creeps from derping out and giving one lane an advantage. They get to a certain point at a certain time and the game checks to see if it's consistent with where they are supposed to be. If they are behind because of model blocking or what have you, they "sprint" to catch up to where they should be.
I'd imagine this is probably the answer.

wrsthnsatn667

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
I'd imagine this is probably the answer.
Would not it happen with more frequency then? I know I often stand in front of my minions so that they're not as pushed, regardless of that it's just micrometers. I feel like if it were intentional for that reason it would happen with more frequency in a single match.

BlackDahlia

11-15-2012

If you play a champ that has a built in speed boost you can actually make your minions run faster if you run next to them. Not sure if this works without the built in speed boost but I am able to repeat it 100% of the time when using GP. Not sure what causes it, might be one of the minions trying to pass you but can't so they have to speed up which in turn makes them run along next to you at a faster speed. My theory of course.