Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

11-15-2012

I remember seeing these assets leaked months ago and thinking they looked more like a SC2 Protoss HUD than something from League. Seeing them all together now, I'm actually quite impressed. Very clean. Will you be able to scale the size of things? I've always played with a small HUD (50% or so), and will be somewhat disappointed if you cannot scale this one down. Looks great, though!

kyocat64

11-15-2012

Why does the shop look just like Smite? Did anyone else notice this?

Tarrent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Fonts: We're still tweaking with that (and by tweaking, I mean most likely completely replacing).
Good to know! Also I really feel its too scifi looking...

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I am concerned I'll get confused between number of consumables and number to activate... any chance it will be distinguished more clearly visually?

still wish you'd talk about the feasibility of locking the hud and mini-map. :/

Narog

11-15-2012

is too much to ask to add on and off smartcast in the spell?? please

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

11-15-2012
24 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I remember seeing these assets leaked months ago and thinking they looked more like a SC2 Protoss HUD than something from League. Seeing them all together now, I'm actually quite impressed. Very clean. Will you be able to scale the size of things? I've always played with a small HUD (50% or so), and will be somewhat disappointed if you cannot scale this one down. Looks great, though!
You will be able to scale things the same way you can now.

Terumi

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
[*]There’s now a search function to help you quickly locate and buy a particular item. It even recognizes popular slang terms such as “BT” for The Bloodthirster and “triforce” for Trinity Force.
I REALLY dig this idea and what I think could be an easy-to-implement addition would be to provide every item with a 2-4 character "tag" (I.E. something like "Shurelya's Reverie [ShRe]") so that each item could be easily and instantly accessed in the shop using said feature by typing in the tag in lieu of the name. It'd basically be the same concept as searching BT for The Bloodthirster but it'd be on every item.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-15-2012

I really hope that there is a way to turn off the item hotkey display. It doesn't look good, and is confusing for wards and potions. Maybe some new players don't realize that 1-6 let you activate items so displaying the numbers will give them a hint, but let the rest of us turn them off! I also do not like having to scroll to see all of the categories, especially since consumables are at the bottom but are a common purchase across all champions.

Aside from those two things, I like the changes.

StarBubbles

11-15-2012

Wow, looks slick! The filter buttons look tedious though. I suggest you make the category itself a button which can be highlight when the filter is on.

Abbx

11-15-2012

Some new pings were revealed in the files a couple of months ago. Are these making their way to the new UI or is this still something in the works?