Fatal error pvp.net

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-15-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude84 View Post
Pretty sure it's a result of the latest mini patch. Not worth reinstalling.
You are right in a sense that this is "due to the mini patch" It happens when the patcher fails to install files correctly resulting in a corrupted installation. This can happen for a variety of reasons. You may have a firewall or antivirus filtering the traffic and it doesn't like one of the files. Your connection may have dropped a few packets resulting in a corrupted file. It may even be a result of connecting issues on our end. It really is hard to say what directly may have caused it in your case. But these things do happen. A reinstallation is most likely the easiest way to fix this up

hivenst1

11-15-2012

The problem I'm noticing is this patch does not agree with our avast users. While after a match i noticed my computer was acting a bit funky so I decided to run a virus scan on my computer via Avast.
After this scan it showed one infected file (wish i screen shot it) It was inside the League of legends file and was classed as a highly dangerous so naturally i was like oh **** remove... that instant the game started showing me these errors.

So i did another reinstall from vanilla still with my virus software on and boom same error code four hours later. Now I'm unsure if this file that my avast is blocking is a true viral code or just one perceived as but I highly suggest riot look into all the code that was released in that mini patch to figure out why one file is firing off that its a virus to our software.

JäD

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTyphon View Post
You are right in a sense that this is "due to the mini patch" It happens when the patcher fails to install files correctly resulting in a corrupted installation. This can happen for a variety of reasons. You may have a firewall or antivirus filtering the traffic and it doesn't like one of the files. Your connection may have dropped a few packets resulting in a corrupted file. It may even be a result of connecting issues on our end. It really is hard to say what directly may have caused it in your case. But these things do happen. A reinstallation is most likely the easiest way to fix this up
The same problem here, but with G Total Protection antivirus.
The problem isnt a lose from packets, i think the last mini update have issues with antivirus .

hivenst1

11-15-2012

System restoring my computer as a absolutely last resort.... as my whole computers throwing a fit now.

BUSTERfuknPOSEY

11-15-2012

I also had this happen with my Avast. It is identifying a specific file in LoL as a virus. I, like most of you, had the "F#$K!" response and deleted the file. Now league will not run properly. I get the "Fatal Error-0002" ErrorID:2032.

All ya gotta do is completely uninstall and reinstall with AVAST SHIELDS OFF. All shields just to be safe. I assume doing something along those lines for other antivirus software should do the trick. After download is complete, turn the shields back on. Avast will continue to think the file is a virus which Riot will have to fix i guess. So dont expect anything soon.

fatluffy

11-16-2012

I've tried everything on this thread.

Disabled shields on Avast, uninstalled Avast, checked Firewall, reinstalled LoL, redownloaded LoL.

Nothing works.

RiotTyphon

11-18-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivenst1 View Post
The problem I'm noticing is this patch does not agree with our avast users. While after a match i noticed my computer was acting a bit funky so I decided to run a virus scan on my computer via Avast.
After this scan it showed one infected file (wish i screen shot it) It was inside the League of legends file and was classed as a highly dangerous so naturally i was like oh **** remove... that instant the game started showing me these errors.

So i did another reinstall from vanilla still with my virus software on and boom same error code four hours later. Now I'm unsure if this file that my avast is blocking is a true viral code or just one perceived as but I highly suggest riot look into all the code that was released in that mini patch to figure out why one file is firing off that its a virus to our software.
Try updating your Anti-virus or your Virus definitions. If that doesn't work, try disabling or uninstalling the anti-virus temporarily until you are able to patch/reinstall.

RiotTyphon

11-18-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatluffy View Post
I've tried everything on this thread.

Disabled shields on Avast, uninstalled Avast, checked Firewall, reinstalled LoL, redownloaded LoL.

Nothing works.
In your case i would suggest submitting a support ticket to our Technical team, here. They should be able to help you out.