Putting a summoner on "Ignore" should prevent getting grouped with them.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

We could have a temporal restriction to not be matched with ignored people, let say:

- If you ignore someone they are placed on a ignore queue and you have about 2 matches where you are certain you will not be in the same team.
- you can only send a max of 4 people to this ignore matchmaking queue at the same time to prevent a ignore abuse.
- The ignore queue have a consecutive ignore limit to prevent abuse
- If you reach your ignore limit people will not be placed on the ignore queue until it refresh (lets say after 4 or 5 games.
- Ignore list is flushed after X days as a measure to prevent abuses.

Tatsu Dragon

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.

if you put a limit of lets say...

3 people you dont want to have a game with
should fix that problem
just saying and trying to contribute ^^;

TheVoidDream

11-15-2012

To everyone giving inputs along the lines of putting a limit on it, that won't do enough for the people who play more than 5 matches a day. On work days, I personally play maybe 5-6 matches. On weekends maybe I do 8-11.

I'm posting in this because I strongly want this to produce results. My thoughts on this are the same as the people saying this would be used to ensure the summoners on the ignore list would not be your future TEAMMATES!

systoll

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
You wouldn't be matched with them AS A TEAM - they would still be in the opposing team. This way you wouldn't have to tolerate them, while they would still be around.

Done, fixed, voila.
Block everyone below your rank, and you'll possibly face the people you block while always being in a team of people ranked above you.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.
This.

Maybe it would be okay if your number of Ignores was capped and it was only allowed below a certain Elo.

However, TBH, the odds of being matched with someone multiple times are pretty low, unless you hit "Play Again" right after a match. And even then, it's rare.

Krìn

11-15-2012

Quote:
Make it temporary? 1 hour / 1 day.
Put a limit on the number of people added to the ignore (Que) list.

Filrin

11-15-2012

@RiotKiddington: You couldn't do what you say if matchmaker only prevents you from being in the same team as the one you ignored, but doesn't prevent you from being in the OPOSITE team. That way if there's a flamer/troll, you ignore him and you won't get him in YOUR team ever again. I'd really like that implemented. As a player that tries to win and enjoy the game, I hate being in the same team as trolls that feed on purpose and flame all game.

Tempestphile

11-15-2012

One time I ignored this troll Yi with 5 zeal

Guess what, he is on my team for the next 2 game

oh god...

AbyssionKnight

11-15-2012

Quote:
Couldn't you include some way to monitor how frequently people use the ignore feature, similar to how you monitor how often people report / honor? Then you could punish people who take it to that extreme level, as most people would never do something like that, especially if they knew it could get them warned / banned.

EFG

11-15-2012

Quote:
Define enough time. People have been asking for it for 2 years now.

123456 ... 8