Why should we respect others' religion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadSeer

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
What about my right to enjoy the sacrament of Holy Matrimony?
It's as important as someone's right to not give a **** about Holy Matrimony. Christianity didn't invent marriage. Also, I'm not sure why you wanted to exclude laws about homosexuality earlier. Why ? This is THE example of christians being morons and using their religion to influence the laws of the country.

c4lm

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSeer View Post
It's as important as someone's right to not give a **** about Holy Matrimony. Christianity didn't invent marriage. Also, I'm not sure why you wanted to exclude laws about homosexuality earlier. Why ? This is THE example of christians being morons and using their religion to influence the laws of the country.
Just wanted to see if he could present strong laws influenced by christianity besides the blatantly obvious. Answers like "contraceptive bans" are pretty good.

MadSeer

11-14-2012

Quote:
Just wanted to see if he could present strong laws influenced by christianity besides the blatantly obvious. Answers like "contraceptive bans" are pretty good.
Ah. Well, still, I think that homosexuality is pretty much the most relevant one, along with abortion. "Pro-life" people pretend that something that's as developped as half a jelly fish has the same rights as the woman bearing it, therefor violating said woman's rights when all she has in her is, at this stage in the pregnancy, a mindless parasite. As for homosexuality it's just hating for the sake of hating and every christian that's against homosexual marriage is an hyprocritical dirtbag. There's a reason we don't stone disobeying children anymore, because it was a retarded law that was in the same retarded book that spoke against homosexuals. But anyway I don't think I have to convince you, I just like to ***** about stupid stuff.

c4lm

11-14-2012

Quote:
Ah. Well, still, I think that homosexuality is pretty much the most relevant one, along with abortion. "Pro-life" people pretend that something that's as developped as half a jelly fish has the same rights as the woman bearing it, therefor violating said woman's rights when all she has in her is, at this stage in the pregnancy, a mindless parasite. As for homosexuality it's just hating for the sake of hating and every christian that's against homosexual marriage is an hyprocritical dirtbag. There's a reason we don't stone disobeying children anymore, because it was a retarded law that was in the same retarded book that spoke against homosexuals. But anyway I don't think I have to convince you, I just like to ***** about stupid stuff.
Actually the point is to try and convince me, a concept lost on such brilliant minds as Amberleh and Standin (they are both liberal arts majors so you can't expect much. ).

MadSeer

11-14-2012

Quote:
Actually the point is to try and convince me. A concept lost on such brilliant minds as Amberleh and Standin (they are both liberal arts majors so you can't expect much. ).
Yeaaaah I wouldn't generalize about liberal arts. Artists have often been the ones throughout history to start the gears of a society so it can evolve into something better. Generalization is seldom a good thing.

c4lm

11-14-2012

Quote:
Yeaaaah I wouldn't generalize about liberal arts. Artists have often been the ones throughout history to start the gears of a society so it can evolve into something better. Generalization is seldom a good thing.
LOL. Right. Tell you what, we'll divide a city in half, putting engineers on one side and artists on the other.

I give the artists 10 minutes.

MadSeer

11-14-2012

Quote:
LOL. Right. Tell you what, we'll divide a city in half, putting engineers on one side and artists on the other.

I give the artists 10 minutes.
You've totally missed the point. Engineers bring technology: cars, buildings, energy, etc, etc, but it's artists, writers, painters, poets and philosophers that got us out of the dark age and into the Renaissance. You took my comment like it was a black and white world pitting artists against engineers - it's not. Nothing good would come out of a society only built by engineers, same goes for a society only built by artists. I'm starting to believe you're the one that can't have an actual discussion.

The greatest innovations come from people that are both great artists and great engineers. They're creative, they think outside the box and they have the mind to innovate. Leonardo DaVinci has always been regarded as the greatest artist and the greatest engineer of his time - that man was a genius, and it's people like him that made things move forward. People that can think with both sides of the brain.

standin

11-14-2012

Quote:
You've totally missed the point. Engineers bring technology: cars, buildings, energy, etc, etc, but it's artists, writers, painters, poets and philosophers that got us out of the dark age and into the Renaissance. You took my comment like it was a black and white world pitting artists against engineers - it's not. Nothing good would come out of a society only built by engineers, same goes for a society only built by artists. I'm starting to believe you're the one that can't have an actual discussion.
That's because he can't. He's been spending this whole time with you trying to attack other people, and not very subtly, all the while stroking his own ego. He is an engineer, iirc.
If you look to the other conversations in the topic, he is very childish. It's how he is when he isn't outright looking for blood. It's not much of a difference from how he normally is.
Anyhoo you are correct as far as both being important goes. Life would be very strange and different if the two didn't exist. And both have elements of the other. Art involves drafting in some cases and engineerng can produce beautiful work that's pleasing.

c4lm

11-14-2012

I am the best. Standin needs her lesbian lover to finger her off or something. Yeessh

c4lm

11-14-2012

Quote:
blah blah blah
when an artist builds me a bridge give me a call.