Jungling 101 From a Gold Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Hey everyone, my name is Kubz and I am the owner and founder of OneCast Gaming. I'm mainly a jungler and have played LoL for a little over a year. I achieved an elo of 1620 in Season 2 of League of Legends and am now aiming for platinum in Season 3. I play competitively on a team called OneCast Gaming. Our teams objective will be to get as far as we can and hopefully make ourselves known.

Now, this thread will be for you players that are new to jungling and want to learn the role or increase your knowledge. Please ask anything you'd like to know!

Some of my top junglers include Riven, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Diana, Fiddlesticks and Zed. I jungle many more as well but those are my favourite ones.

You can also watch my stream to learn as well. I explain my decisions and what to do.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/oc_kubz

Jathryx

11-14-2012

Is Riven an easy jungler to learn, and does learning her give a lot of knowledge into general jungling? I've only tried jungling once, in a bot game, but would like to try some more, and I really like Riven, but wouldn't want to start with her if someone else is better for learning. Also, if she isn't very easy, could you point me towards someone who's both fairly simple and cheap?

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Currently streaming.

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathryx View Post
Is Riven an easy jungler to learn, and does learning her give a lot of knowledge into general jungling? I've only tried jungling once, in a bot game, but would like to try some more, and I really like Riven, but wouldn't want to start with her if someone else is better for learning. Also, if she isn't very easy, could you point me towards someone who's both fairly simple and cheap?
Riven does have a learning curve that took me around 50 games to fully master but she isn't too hard to learn.

If you're brand knew to jungling however, DO NOT START WITH HER. Start with a nice, easy jungler such as Dr. Mundo who only costs 1350 IP. He's tanky in the jungle and has a lot of ganking ability. I'd recommend searching a Mundo jungle guide on Solomid.net and going from there.

cidgeno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Any advice on jungling diana ? i bought her recently but a few advice would be welcome

Do you think she will still be viable after the jungle change? seams like i m going to take back my old friend warwick

Samurai Dan

11-14-2012

Jungle Shaco. He is my favorite and I have been playing him for about 2 years, I would consider him my go to champion (main). I know him very well and generally play him very well. My problem is that if my team is not performing up to par the longer the game goes the less likely I am to be able to carry them to victory. Any ideas?

Omni VII

11-14-2012

I was wondering how do you jungle with zed. Also, I am always under leveled when i jungle... how do I stop that?

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidgeno View Post
Any advice on jungling diana ? i bought her recently but a few advice would be welcome

Do you think she will still be viable after the jungle change? seams like i m going to take back my old friend warwick
Diana is a ganking jungler. Her kit provides a great opportunity to create kills and make plays.

When jungling, its pretty standard to start W level 1. Once you hit 2, grab Q and level 3 grab E. then Max Q 1st, W 2nd, E 3rd.

In the jungle always lead into camps with your shield, followed by your Q and some auto attacks. You want to get to 950 gold ASAP to go back and buy double Doran's rings.

This doesn't mean you don't gank however. Ganking pre-6 is slightly harder since she can't just dash to an enemy champion. When ganking pre 6, lead in with your shield and Q, then get close enough to use your E on your opponent. Either they will have to burn flash or you and your teammate will get the kill.

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Dan View Post
Jungle Shaco. He is my favorite and I have been playing him for about 2 years, I would consider him my go to champion (main). I know him very well and generally play him very well. My problem is that if my team is not performing up to par the longer the game goes the less likely I am to be able to carry them to victory. Any ideas?
Shaco is a tough champion to decide on. I love him because he provides a map wide prescence all game, but if the game drags on he becomes a potato.

Shaco is all about 1v1 and assassinating enemy champions. I find that once the game progresses to team fights he is quite useless. The solution is to get so far ahead its not relevant. The only way to do this is gank early and often, and get kills.

If that doesnt happen, I don't see him as a viable pick past 30 - 35 minutes.

TNP Kubz

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni VII View Post
I was wondering how do you jungle with zed. Also, I am always under leveled when i jungle... how do I stop that?
Zed's jungle is fairly simple. You throw out a shadow, then use your E and Q to kill camps. Or you just E and Q without using your W.

As far as being under levelled, are you dying a lot? Not farming enough? I need more details to help you but try not to spend too long in lanes or brushes if theres no gank potential. I'll rarely if ever gank a Vladimir lane because he can just W unless he is pushed right to the tower.