Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboopie

11-14-2012

I am super excited to get this on Varus. Having multiple enemies fully stacked with Blighted Quiver is going to make it much more rewarding to send a perfectly aimed Piercing Arrow through the enemy formation. Hopefully, this new item won't push him into OP FotM mode, but merely brings him up to being just as viable as Corki and Kog'Maw. I would love to see more appreciation for Varus out there, but it would break my heart to see him nerfed.

Äragörn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

lol

Robbynn

11-14-2012

Very interesting item. Makes me really want to play with a Twitch or Teemo that has this item but not against them. Does make me think certain ranged adc champs could be a surprise support. This item with new BC allowing for softening up targets for the rest of the team makes for some interesting possibilities.

I could see a Frozen Mallet, Storm, BC on MF supporting as she is slowing 3 enemies, can reduce their healing, and shredding armor. I like MF but really enjoy when I don't have to build her the standard way. Always enjoyed having Frozen Mallet or Gunblade on her.

nvrx

11-14-2012

Looking forward to using this item

llDeathCowll

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It doesn't really interact with it at all. Hurricane merely shoots secondary bolts at units around what you right-click. The fact that his autoattack is now piercing doesn't make Hurricane shots piercing.

Right, because Pixis not an on-hit effect and in fact uses the same rules as Hurricane in determining when *it* fires. Pix triggers when you attack, not when you hit thus it has no interactions with Hurricane whatsoever.

Any chance you'll change that..cause I really wanna see pix go into overdrive, and I miss release lulu as an onhit champ, that was fun.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecksee View Post
It is incredibly lame that this item does not work with Kayle's Righteous Fury.
I get the impression that he DOES WANT it to work but hasn't gotten over 1 problem in the code:

The 2 bolts probably have the same missile speed as your champion.
+
Kayle has a null value for missile speed.
=
Needs a fix in the code that he doesn't want to modify.

Dragull2

11-14-2012

How does it interact with LIFESTEAL?

Because I could see 2x the normal lifesteal being... problematic.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It'll apply Frozen Mallet.

Phage will do a roll for each target hit and slow each target based on their individual rolls.
I can just feel the tears of blood from all the people who already hate Frozen Mallet Teemo.

Sambrosia

11-14-2012

If 2 enemies are standing alone and you attack one, will both of the bolts hit the other?

ArkofIce

11-14-2012

Why does Vayne get special code to let her arrows proc but not Orianna's passive? I understand that if you didn't, it would completely remove one of Vayne's spells, but I think that it comes off as inconsistent when Orianna doesn't get the same treatment with her passive. Or am I misunderstanding how their on-hit effects are different?